It's official oklahoma-gov.-mary-fallin-says-shell-sign-open-carry-gun-measure - Page 3

It's official oklahoma-gov.-mary-fallin-says-shell-sign-open-carry-gun-measure

This is a discussion on It's official oklahoma-gov.-mary-fallin-says-shell-sign-open-carry-gun-measure within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by paaiyan There's a lively debate in the comments here: What It's Like in an Open Carry State - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: It's official oklahoma-gov.-mary-fallin-says-shell-sign-open-carry-gun-measure

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    I read those, what got me was the one who did the typical anti projection as to why we carry -- "cause we're looking for trouble".
    Funny thing was, she is right but not the way she meant. We do look for trouble -- so we can avoid it, or deal with it if we must.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

There were many in the State hoping for a signing ceremony so that they could attend and show sopport. I wonder if the Governor felt that it might not be in her interest to make a big deal of this at this time.

Glad she signed it.

Michael

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I like the math skills of the story writter. From reading the article, I thought they did a decent job presenting the concept in a non-prejudiced way, then I read the last part about the Sheriffs.

"We called every single sheriff in Oklahoma to see how they feel about open carry. Ten out of 77 sheriffs support open carry whole-heartedly. Thirteen sheriffs say they support the open carry concept, but have serious issues with the ambiguity of the actual law. Twelve say they can't make up their mind one way or the other. But most sheriffs we talked to say they are against open carry altogether. The rest wouldn't comment or didn't get back to us."

So 10+13+12=35 +several no comments or not responding, but still MOST sheriffs say they are against it? They might be close to being technically right depending on how many no comments there were, but unless they changed the definition of "most" I think that last statement is what they want it to be, not how it is.
    Walk softly ...

Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    I like the math skills of the story writter. From reading the article, I thought they did a decent job presenting the concept in a non-prejudiced way, then I read the last part about the Sheriffs.

"We called every single sheriff in Oklahoma to see how they feel about open carry. Ten out of 77 sheriffs support open carry whole-heartedly. Thirteen sheriffs say they support the open carry concept, but have serious issues with the ambiguity of the actual law. Twelve say they can't make up their mind one way or the other. But most sheriffs we talked to say they are against open carry altogether. The rest wouldn't comment or didn't get back to us."

So 10+13+12=35 +several no comments or not responding, but still MOST sheriffs say they are against it? They might be close to being technically right depending on how many no comments there were, but unless they changed the definition of "most" I think that last statement is what they want it to be, not how it is.
    Yes you are correct in your assumption. When she said most she meant most of the ones she and her employer agrees with.

Michael

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links