OK Gov. Fallin signs open carry - Page 2

OK Gov. Fallin signs open carry

This is a discussion on OK Gov. Fallin signs open carry within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As I understand, you can only open carry if you have a valid Okla. CC license....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: OK Gov. Fallin signs open carry

As I understand, you can only open carry if you have a valid Okla. CC license.

Quote Originally Posted by reade View Post
    That's the way I understand it. At least for OK residents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Great! How come you have to wait till Nov 1 ?
    It gives the State time to acquire the new wet vacuum trucks that they will need to clean up the rivers of blood that will be flowing once it becomes legal.
    Seriously I would think that they but this waiting period in to allow them to properly train their personnel on how to implement the new law.

Or, I could just be full of it.

Michael
    64zebra likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by reade View Post
    I believe any valid permit that is recognized by the State will work. We still honor most out of state permits.

Michael

YYYYYYYYEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAA for Okalahoma!!

Now my question....As a conceal handgun license holder in Texas....will i be legal to open carry in Oklahoma?

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Great! How come you have to wait till Nov 1 ?
    Because all new laws without an emergency clause go into effect then.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckj View Post
    YYYYYYYYEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAA for Okalahoma!!

Now my question....As a conceal handgun license holder in Texas....will i be legal to open carry in Oklahoma?
    I'm not a lawyer but my daughter is -- the answer is Yes!
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Excellent! I might move back home someday. However, the next step needs to be taken: Constitutional Carry.

Good considering where they are coming from; but I prefer states like Missouri and Colorado where open carry is legal 'cause it's in the constitution, now if Colorado could get get full "Constitutional Carry".

Winning! This is what happens when citizens elect competent people. I don't OC, probably never will, but defend all rights for others to do so. This is great to see!
    stancehold likes this.

Congratulations. This is a great win for everyone.
    Shall not be infringed means - shall not be infringed.
    Member - NRA
    John

hmm, article in local paper "Southwest Times record, Ft. Smith AR paper" said that carry would be prohibited in parks, I don't see that in the bill. Just read the final version, it says the same as the Ok SDA You can carry in City, county, and state parks, just not in buildings.
    At least that's how it reads to me, anyone else see something different?
    A 1911 is Not an obsession, it's simply a recognition that it's THE Gun. :-) All others are runner ups. And hey, if all else fails, aim for the nose and fling it to knock out your foe. Let's see y'all do that with a kel-Tec. ;-)

You can open carry anywhere you can conceal. Starting November 1st of course.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

That's also my understanding after reading the law. This however, is the article that appeared in the local paper "SWTR" look about half way down.

Homicide victim's mother, gun rights advocate speak out against Oklahoma's 'open carry' law | The Republic

"Chamber of Commerce officials in the state said they took no position on the legislation, which prohibits weapons from government buildings, public and private school property, college campuses and parks. The law also gives private business and organizations, such as churches, the option of prohibiting weapons on their premises."
    Emphasis mine.

Which is why I read the full bill, I wonder where they got this from?
    A 1911 is Not an obsession, it's simply a recognition that it's THE Gun. :-) All others are runner ups. And hey, if all else fails, aim for the nose and fling it to knock out your foe. Let's see y'all do that with a kel-Tec. ;-)

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nightsonge View Post
    That's also my understanding after reading the law. This however, is the article that appeared in the local paper "SWTR" look about half way down.

Homicide victim's mother, gun rights advocate speak out against Oklahoma's 'open carry' law | The Republic

"Chamber of Commerce officials in the state said they took no position on the legislation, which prohibits weapons from government buildings, public and private school property, college campuses and parks. The law also gives private business and organizations, such as churches, the option of prohibiting weapons on their premises."
    Emphasis mine.

Which is why I read the full bill, I wonder where they got this from?
    The way the law reads, it CAN be confusing. First it lists places you cannot carry. Directly below that is a list of places where you CAN carry but are not supposed to carry in the buildings thereon. Parks are one of these; YES you can carry in a park but not into a building in the park. I will bet money that someone misread this entirely.
    stancehold likes this.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links