For OCers Who Carry A Voice Recorder Or Video

This is a discussion on For OCers Who Carry A Voice Recorder Or Video within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looks like you won't need to do do that for too very much longer. One of the minor advantages of an overly intrusive government. Welcome ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: For OCers Who Carry A Voice Recorder Or Video

Administrator

Post For OCers Who Carry A Voice Recorder Or Video

Looks like you won't need to do do that for too very much longer. One of the minor advantages of an overly intrusive government.

Welcome In.....The Intelligent Surveillance Street Lights.

The technology of TOMORROW is here today.

Already slated to be installed on a trial basis in Pittsburgh and a couple of other cities.

They will have VIDEO and will be able to record and monitor street conversations & be able to bark out commands like: "Pick up that litter!" and "Evacuate The Area!" & "Clear The Streets!" Cool Beans! and they will even have Remote Facial Recognition where they will be able to identify you even if you decline to show a Cop your ID when asked for it.

Don't have your wallet with you? NO PROBLEM! We already know who you are.

See...that would be because they already have a perfect, ideal, PIC of you compliments of your drivers License photo.
    Which YOU KNOW they already have stored in some HUGE data base along with your address and your Social Security # etc. And I also guess your medical history and where you went to Kindergarten and your outstanding parking tickets and Lord only knows what else.
    And (just my own thought) I guess that will enable the "powers that be" to ticket and "fine" folks for "J Walking" (they can ID you and send the ticket right to your home address)
    Try fighting that fine in court when they have the actual VID of you "J" Walking....or crossing the street "out of the crosswalk" even.
    And I also heard that the speakers will even be able to target you with specific product advertising while you're a "captive audience" waiting for the light to change so that you can cross the street.

And if any suspicious conversation is picked up they will be able to plot your location "street light to street light" and then GPS track you VIA your cell phone. Everybody has one of those these days.

And then I guess once they "get a lock" on you I imagine they will be able to eventually track you even if you move off of the street and away from the "smart" street lights VIA the impending domestic drones....even at night with infrared.

Ain't modern day technology grand?
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

2. Remove Ads

While I make a living off of automated threat detection technologies, these types of things concern me.

Being that it is government, someone will file public access to information papers and gain access to the feeds. They will then start streaming live on the web. There are already cases of this with the video. Now add in the audio and your private two person conversation is now being broadcast to unlimited viewers/listeners online.

Currently in public, you can get some idea of the company that is around you. When you introduce a camera system and now audio, you have no clue about your audience beyond your view. Could be 1 or 2 people, could be thousands....and these public feeds are very popular.

When we continue to become more like Europe and have more and more "big brother" surveillance, to where some day very few places will not be on the public network's eye, there will be large corporate backed and federal projects that will "datamine" the video....for the purpose of consumerism/sell to you and to categorize you by documenting and predicting your behaviors.

Currently there is a struggle to disseminate all that data from all those sources and "potential" targets, but if they wanted to zero in on YOU, they have the technology. They are just waiting to tactfully deploy it.
    QKShooter likes this.
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Sorta reminds me of the movie Minority Report. Simple answer from me regarding their invasive actions; stay outa the cities whenever possible.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

HotGuns and atctimmy like this.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

The uk is one of the most heavily surveiled societies in the world and they see crime increasing. They find cameras are not good enough to clearly show the face, police don't use them, and they have cut police department sizes in favor of paying for more cameras.

VIP Member
    I guess it will work for them, as the continue to develop the brain wave monitoring system.

Not sure what this has to do with OC, I think it would be better suited in Off Topic/ Humor.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

sgb
    Badey, DontTreadOnI and carracer like this.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Administrator
    There is something inherently un~American and quite disturbing about maybe....sitting down at a table having coffee & a Danish at some local Sidewalk Cafe...telling a funny joke to a friend at the table...and then having some unknown personage that is sitting in front of a monitor in some unknown location hearing your joke and laughing his ass off.

The joke is really on us but, sadly it isn't very funny.
    Dadsnugun and atctimmy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    There is something inherently un~American and quite disturbing about maybe....sitting down at a table having coffee & a Danish at some local Sidewalk Cafe...telling a funny joke to a friend at the table...and then having some unknown personage that is sitting in front of a monitor in some unknown location hearing your joke and laughing his ass off.

What if he doesn't get the joke. What if its political satire or a joke about drugs.
    Will you be charged with conspiracy?

Michael

Administrator
    It all doesn't seem so imaginary and far fetched now.

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    What if he doesn't get the joke. What if its political satire or a joke about drugs.
    Will you be charged with conspiracy?

Michael
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Time to start wearing a big hat.
    QKShooter likes this.
    --Jason--

Administrator
    Time to take the Aluminum Foil one off and replace it with a Sombrero.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Time to start wearing a big hat.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post

No!!! Your face will be scanned; your identity revealed and your name will be entered in the "Non-PC" data base for future re-education!

I could always wear a Clinton mask, then I could do whatever I want, and the people reviewing the tape would pretend like it never happened.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Welcome to free America with 30,000 drones, swatting ( Pro Libertate ) and chips in everybody's hand (starting with the military).

Until it reaches Minnesota (and I'll move), I still carry two recording devices and Qik | Record and share video live from your mobile phone

As much as I detest Clintons, I'd wear a Bill mask. It could facilitate unintended positive benefits.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links