Rob Pincus and James Yeager on Open Carry

This is a discussion on Rob Pincus and James Yeager on Open Carry within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yes would love to read the article and wish I could join the forum but since yahoo is on the ban list and it will ...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree181Likes

Thread: Rob Pincus and James Yeager on Open Carry

VIP Member
    Yes would love to read the article and wish I could join the forum but since yahoo is on the ban list and it will not let me use my yahoo email address to join I guess I am just out of luck.

You are correct you can knock whomever you choose that is your right and I also can support whomever I choose that is my right so I guess we both expressed our rights and now are at an empasse.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Yes would love to read the article and wish I could join the forum but since yahoo is on the ban list and it will not let me use my yahoo email address to join I guess I am just out of luck.
    Same here. I filled out all the info, only to have it refused because of my Yahoo address.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

sgb

You are correct you can knock whomever you choose that is your right and I also can support whomever I choose that is my right so I guess we both expressed our rights and now are at an empasse.
    Oh well
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

VIP Member
    60% of convicted felons admitted that they avoided committing crimes when they knew the victim was armed. 40% of convicted felons admitted that they avoided committing crimes when they thought the victim might be armed.
    James Wright and Peter Rossi, Armed and Considered Dangerous: A Survey of Felons and Their Firearms”, New York: Aldine, 1986

Well this is one of those "Really it took a survey to figure that out" type things. Just like the 1.2 million the USG spent to decide that a shorter deployment for troops was better for morale and an addtional 1.6 million for the study and congressional committee to decide that troops do better with 12 hours uninterupted sleep instead of 4 hours between missions. Besides that these surveys are from the mid 80's and 90's. There is a whole new breed of criminal element out there folks.

74% of felons agreed that "one reason burglars avoid houses when people are at home is that they fear being shot during the crime." 57% of felons polled agreed, "criminals are more worried about meeting an armed victim than they are about running into the police."
    U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics Federal Firearms Offenders study, 1997. Department of Justice, National Institute of Justice, "The Armed Criminal in America: A Survey of Incarcerated Felons," Research Report, July 1985
    Check out the Gun Facts guide available at Gun Facts - Gun Control | Facts | Debunk | Myths, especially the section on deterrence at pages 10-11.

Yes I agree. I would also rather like to break into a house of Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders than a houseful of Dallas Cowboy Players. These surveys are taken from the guys that got caught, I bet if you ask them 99.999999% would say would you rather have gotten away with your crime or gotten caught like you did?

We do not have to worry about the 60% that said they would avoid a victim who was armed, or the 74% who said they would not break into a house for fear of being shot or lastly the 57% who worry more about an armed homeowner than the police. What we do have to worry about the remaining percentages that don't care if you are armed, and don't fear the armed homeowner and don't give a damn about your super duper master blaster magnum that you bought after reading the reviews in G&A but have only fired two rounds because it kicks to much and ammo is to expensive.

Ladies and gents all it takes is ONE determined individual to end your life. As stated one that does not care, is not afraid or intimidated, or through mental disease or defect, drugs, alcohol or a combination of all just plain wants to hurt you for kicks and giggles. This is the one you train for, this is the one you fear, this is the one your nightmares are about not some guy who sees and alarm sign in your yard or the OCer on the street and leaves in fear of getting caught or hurt.

I will say this again I am not against OC but if you choose to carry that way you have to be better than others. You have got to have your head and butt wired together all the time simply because the criminal element can see that you are armed. I am not talking about the constitutional right portion of the OC argument I am talking strictly about the self defense, keeping your butt alive part of the argument. Many that OC are more concerned about recording and taping an incident than they are about protecting themselves and that is where my arguement comes into it.
    JD, wmhawth, Harryball and 4 others like this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

For me personally, I am not a fan of open carry, nor do I live in a state which allows it. When I travel to states that have an open carry law, like GA, I see very few who actually open carry. For those who have an opinion which is strongly in favor of open carry, I have no problem with it. A difference of opinion and preference does not make one person right or wrong.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    I practice the 2nd Amendment....alot

Rob Pincus and James Yeager on Open Carry - YouTube

They pretty much sum it up. This is from guys who train people for a living.
    They sell training. I've seen one YouTube vid with Yeager and I lost count of the F-Bombs. Hard to take anyone serious that can't get through a sentence without the F.
    JDKinman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Simonsay View Post
    They sell training. I've seen one YouTube vid with Yeager and I lost count of the F-Bombs. Hard to take anyone serious that can't get through a sentence without the F.
    Were not really that sensitive are we? I understand the family friendly forum, but come on, the language is not that bad, and neither are his t-shirts. We need to get over somethings.....
    DontTreadOnI likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Were not really that sensitive are we? ..
    Not sensitive at all. The F word can be used very effectively. Used all the time, it loses it's punch, exhibits a lack of professionalism, and diminishes the perceived IQ of the speaker. The only thing missing in the vid was a wife beater, a beer, and a cigarette. But that's just how I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Simonsay View Post
    Not sensitive at all. The F word can be used very effectively. Used all the time, it loses it's punch, exhibits a lack of professionalism, and diminishes the perceived IQ of the speaker. The only thing missing in the vid was a wife beater, a beer, and a cigarette. But that's just how I see it.
    It would appear that you are sensitive to his look and the fact that he swears. I never judge a book by its cover, but if you would like to, thats fine, it is a free country....

Not the look, just the dialogue and the mental picture it gave me.

I don't really care for Yeager from what I have seen of him. And no, I have never been to one of his course nor do I think I would want to. I have had plenty of vendor training and unit training and he offers nothing that can not be had elsewhere. This is not to say he is not good at what he does (training wise) and that others should not be dissuaded by my opinion.
    Why I would not attend? Like I said, he seems to offer nothing that others do not. I do not like his style, (cussing, personal appearance). Those are personal things I do not like. To me it is not professional. And for those that know me it has nothing to do with being sensitive. If that is the way he that is the way he is. If he uses the F bomb for effect I think it is not professional. I do understand folks from different walks of life may like that style. So I say you go to the vendor you have or can have a good learning experience with. Nothing else really matters.
    OD* and sgb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I don't really care for Yeager from what I have seen of him. And no, I have never been to one of his course nor do I think I would want to. I have had plenty of vendor training and unit training and he offers nothing that can not be had elsewhere. This is not to say he is not good at what he does (training wise) and that others should not be dissuaded by my opinion.
    Why I would not attend? Like I said, he seems to offer nothing that others do not. I do not like his style, (cussing, personal appearance). Those are personal things I do not like. To me it is not professional. And for those that know me it has nothing to do with being sensitive. If that is the way he that is the way he is. If he uses the F bomb for effect I think it is not professional. I do understand folks from different walks of life may like that style. So I say you go to the vendor you have or can have a good learning experience with. Nothing else really matters.
    You are right about "Nothing else matters" I personally wouldnt say that he has nothing to offer. If at the very least you continue with your training and get a good refresher from him. I have never met anyone thats has enough training and doesnt need anymore...
    carracer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    You are right about "Nothing else matters" I personally wouldnt say that he has nothing to offer. If at the very least you continue with your training and get a good refresher from him. I have never met anyone thats has enough training and doesnt need anymore...
    Morning Harry I will give you a call Wed. Been busy. But anyway..You are right about nobody can have enough training and every course I have been to I have taken something away from it. But I will choose a vendor who I think I feel would be best for me. Yeager to me is not that man, that is all. Besides, I would be too distracted by his camera man

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Morning Harry I will give you a call Wed. Been busy. But anyway..You are right about nobody can have enough training and every course I have been to I have taken something away from it. But I will choose a vendor who I think I feel would be best for me. Yeager to me is not that man, that is all. Besides, I would be too distracted by his camera man
    Wed, is good for me...LOL at the camera man.

Rob Pincus I respect but I disagree with on this subject.

James Yeager I wouldn't believe if he told me the sky was blue. I wouldn't spit on him if he was on fire and I'd love to see a meteor fall on him. He is the very definition of the term "assclownery". He's got a proven record of getting people killed by making bad decisions and I wouldn't recommend his "training" center to someone I detest.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Links