Rob Pincus and James Yeager on Open Carry

This is a discussion on Rob Pincus and James Yeager on Open Carry within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Rob Pincus and James Yeager on Open Carry - YouTube They pretty much sum it up. This is from guys who train people for a ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree181Likes

Thread: Rob Pincus and James Yeager on Open Carry

VIP Member

Rob Pincus and James Yeager on Open Carry

Rob Pincus and James Yeager on Open Carry - YouTube

They pretty much sum it up. This is from guys who train people for a living.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Didn't hear one word I disagreed with. Thanks for the link Tacman.
    tommy62 likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Very well said. It was cool to see them both in the same video.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

All makes good sense. Thanks.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

When you have your weapon concealed you have the element of surprise on your side. Open carry advocates need to consider the retention qualities of their holster. I've been carrying a gun for over 28 years (on and off-duty)and it has always been either concealed or in a level three retention holster. There is a lot less drama that way. If your goal is to be noticed, walk out the door with your pearl handled cowboy gun and have a great day making every around you (Cops included) nervous about your presence.
    tommy62 likes this.
    "Watch yer top knot."

1Az2Risk
    Kimber Ultra Carry
    Ruger LCP
    Rock River AR-15

Quote Originally Posted by OneAz2Risk View Post
    When you have yo If your goal is to be noticed, walk out the door with your pearl handled cowboy gun and have a great day making every around you (Cops included) nervous about your presence.
    Sad. I'm glad the people and cops here in Ga. don't think this way.

If this thread goes where I think it's headed, it will be closed quickly!

The open carry section of this forum is for those in support of open carry.

The opinions expressed by the persons in the video are their opinions. You can take that information for what it's worth.

Any back and forth on the pros and cons or arguing which way is better and this whole thread will go away.

You've been warned!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

True these 2 train people for defensive situations. However, there is the other side of the coin to what they have said.

Since this forum a defensive carry one I am not going to get into an open carry vs concealed carry discussion. I just wanted to point out there is another side to what they are saying.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

VIP Member
    Bark'n if it needs to be moved to avoid issues please go ahead.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

I whole heartedly agree with this posistion. Does nothing but damage to the carry community.

VIP Member
    They have their opinion. They run training schools and make you tube video, so anything they say has to be fact.

You know, things like 1911's suck, Glock is the best gun on the market for any and every situation.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Cant say I would argue with them. Its been my stance for the last few years..... One question, is ass clownery a real word????
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

They're entitled to their opinions, and I'm entitled to do what I want within the limits of my state's laws.
    P95, nerdyvirgin and JDKinman like this.

This is something I want do often and thats agree with Yeager,Pincus is a very well respected Instructor,Yeager can be way out there sometimes,but I agree with Both this time,and it was good not to hear a profanity laced paragraph from Yeager,maybe he needs to team with Pincus more often.
    WHEC724 and gottabkiddin like this.

Well, I respect their status as trainers, but Pincus lives and teaches in a state that has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country, so I am not too surprised on his take. Yeager has made some rather embarrassing mistakes, so this may be one of them...

They are entitled to their opinions, as is everybody. Just think about this, 70 years ago, experts (doctors) said that smoking was good for you... 70 years from now, all the trainers may say that OC is the way to go.

Also, it was a bit one-sided. There are some benefits from the OC movement that they completely glossed over, the WI concealed carry laws being one of the benefits it.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Links