Ridiculous OCer Baiting Cops & Neighbors - Page 2

Ridiculous OCer Baiting Cops & Neighbors

This is a discussion on Ridiculous OCer Baiting Cops & Neighbors within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You are rarely going to find any group of people without at least one idiot in it. Thats life,we can't win em all....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 63
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Ridiculous OCer Baiting Cops & Neighbors

  1. #16
    Ex Member Array RayBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    386
    You are rarely going to find any group of people without at least one idiot in it. Thats life,we can't win em all.
    carracer likes this.


  2. #17
    VIP Member Array Harryball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lansing Mi
    Posts
    7,373
    Quote Originally Posted by RayBar View Post
    You are rarely going to find any group of people without at least one idiot in it. Thats life,we can't win em all.
    Based on what has been written in multiple OC threads, why is this guy an idiot. He is exercising his right, and why should he care what others think? Most OCers say that the do not care what the sheeple think, why should this guy be any different?
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

    Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

  3. #18
    VIP Member Array Old School's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Florida Treasure Coast
    Posts
    3,211
    Shorts or sweatpants, no shirt, no shoes, chain smoking and pacing back and forth infront of his house all day open carrying a handgun that appears to be hanging around his knees and giving everyone that passes by the stink eye........

    Not the most rational of behavior but then it takes all kinds.

    If I were the zone car and I observed this over a couple of days I may want to stop and strike up a conversation just to be friendly and polite and get a read on this citizen.

    If he dosen't want to talk no harm no foul however because of his unorthodox behavior I would like to know a little more about him.

    Is he legal to own a firearm ? His daily routine as described by the OP may or may not indicate a public safety concern.

    OS
    rickohio likes this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

    "A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

    http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

  4. #19
    Moderator
    Array gasmitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    10,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    LOL, a gun forum member complaining about the manner in which someone OC's in a self admitted drug infested community. Pacing back and forth smoking cigarettes ALL DAY. Wow! There needs to be a law!!
    The OP is relating an observation he made - and the pacing back and forth while smoking is not what normal people do on a regular basis. Some tweakers live across the street from me and I see that behavior daily, and at all hours. Illegal by itself, no, and no one's suggesting it should be. However, it is highly suggestive of symptoms and circumstances which accompany various illegal behaviors, specifically drug trade and use.
    atctimmy, Old School and rickohio like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

  5. #20
    Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    The OP is relating an observation he made - and the pacing back and forth while smoking is not what normal people do on a regular basis. Some tweakers live across the street from me and I see that behavior daily, and at all hours. Illegal by itself, no, and no one's suggesting it should be. However, it is highly suggestive of symptoms and circumstances which accompany various illegal behaviors, specifically drug trade and use.
    You are right of course. But, it could also suggest someone guarding their property from drug dealers and thugs too. Since we don't have the nads to approach him and talk to him, let's just imagine our worst fears and promptly report our take of the situation on an internet gun forum. I lol because I am beginning to understand why people don't like people with guns. They don't look right, or they don't act right and it scares them. They don't reflect favorably on the gun carrying community and gives the rest of us a bad name, so his right to carry should be stripped immediately. I'm just thankful I don't live in Bellvue, KY, population 5800 and all it's crime problems. I leave in peace Smitty.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

  6. #21
    Senior Member Array Spidey2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Nope, its straight forward. Its his right and he does not care what the general public has to say. You have to read some of the other OC threads. It seems to be there standard line.

    BTW, Bubba I agree with you. My first post was sarcasm.....
    Wrong. The fact that he is carrying without the appropriate gear (no belt, and probably not a quality holster) means he is presenting a safety problem. It is his right and there's nothing we can do about it, but I think you'll find the majority of OC'ers wouldn't agree with what this idiot is doing.

  7. #22
    VIP Member Array Harryball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lansing Mi
    Posts
    7,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
    Wrong. The fact that he is carrying without the appropriate gear (no belt, and probably not a quality holster) means he is presenting a safety problem. It is his right and there's nothing we can do about it, but I think you'll find the majority of OC'ers wouldn't agree with what this idiot is doing.
    You have stated yourself that you do not care what others think. Why should this guy?
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

    Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

  8. #23
    VIP Member Array Badey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    You have stated yourself that you do not care what others think. Why should this guy?
    Harry, you have a good point about being consistent in one's arguments. I think you are correct on that point.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

  9. #24
    VIP Member Array Harryball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lansing Mi
    Posts
    7,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    Harry, you have a good point about being consistent in one's arguments. I think you are correct on that point.
    Yea, If there is one thing about firearms and the community that I have learned is to be consistent. Some folks get lost in emotion. Im glad you picked up on it....
    Badey likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

    Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

  10. #25
    Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Posts
    1,297
    Someone should ye'll at his momma for not useing birth control when she was younger.
    Burns likes this.

  11. #26
    Senior Member Array Spidey2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    You have stated yourself that you do not care what others think. Why should this guy?
    I'm not saying he should care what others think, as far as OC'ing goes. He should, however, stop presenting a safety risk and learn to carry responsibly.

    That's been my point all along. I OC in a safe and responsible manner, so I couldn't care less if someone is uncomfortable with it. There are, however, basic necessities to carrying that make it safe, rather than a ND waiting to happen, like this guy's set up appears to be.

    I'm all for OC, if it's done responsibly.
    carracer likes this.

  12. #27
    VIP Member Array Harryball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lansing Mi
    Posts
    7,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
    I'm not saying he should care what others think, as far as OC'ing goes. He should, however, stop presenting a safety risk and learn to carry responsibly.

    That's been my point all along. I OC in a safe and responsible manner, so I couldn't care less if someone is uncomfortable with it. There are, however, basic necessities to carrying that make it safe, rather than a ND waiting to happen, like this guy's set up appears to be.

    I'm all for OC, if it's done responsibly.
    I guess it depends on your definition of responsible. From my point of view, OC is not responsible in an urban area. In your view he needs better equipment to make sure he doesnt have an ND. Now for the real point. Its his right, he is on his property.

    As for your point all along. I would beg to differ with you. You carry, and could care less about others. Thats not responsible. Thats in your face, just to make sure everyone knows your rights...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

    Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

  13. #28
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,893
    Every week or so we get into the same old thing. Look, the overwhelming majority of folks that CC do it responsibly and they hate it when some idiot makes gun owners look irresponsible. They posts go back and forth with the same themes. My question is to those of you that feel that folks that OC send the wrong message is:What on earth is your solution besides complaining everytime? Do folks that OC need to take an IQ test? Do you favor no OC zones? Look, we all understand folks like this idiot are...well idiots. But instead of pointing out the cons OC'ing from a tactical point of view (which has no bearing on any of these threads because it is the individual's choice to carry that way, right or wrong) try coming up with a solution o r ideas to curtail this behaviour becasue quite frankly, except for peer pressure or legislation, there is not much that can be done.

    Just like somebody going to vote and writing in Hitler's name...it is irresponsible, ut his right and can not be legislated away to make others feel comfy about themselves.

    And yes, I know it is not a great analogy but I have not had my coffee yet.
    carracer likes this.

  14. #29
    VIP Member Array Harryball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lansing Mi
    Posts
    7,373
    It is the same old thing. That would lead me to believe that there is a problem. To be honest I think it comes down to responsibility, but there are to many different opinions on were to begin and were to end....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

    Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

  15. #30
    Distinguished Member Array Lotus222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,205
    Sorry, OP, but I don't understand your concern. He is on his own property, pacing around smoking and carrying while shirtless? So what. He may look like a redneck, but he isn't doing anything wrong. If he was doing the same thing while CCing, what is the difference? People are going to avoid him because he looks unfriendly or "unclassy".

    Think about all the anti's who think your average Joe who is OCing in a button down collared shirt, slacks, and a tie while grocery shopping appears to be just as much as a threat - if not more, since he isn't on his own property. People really need to get over what "looks" bad and what is (and should be) legally within peoples rights.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

baiting cops

,
bellevue ky open carry
,
ky open carry in my neighborhood
,
open carry baiting
,
open carry neighbors
,

open carry youtube bellevue, ky

,
powered by mybb art of public speaking
,
powered by mybb free fall clipart
,

powered by mybb people clip art

,
powered by mybb sun tzu art of war
,

powered by mybb that's life

,
powered by mybb youtube
Click on a term to search for related topics.