Ridiculous OCer Baiting Cops & Neighbors

This is a discussion on Ridiculous OCer Baiting Cops & Neighbors within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Harryball It is the same old thing. That would lead me to believe that there is a problem. To be honest I ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 63
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Ridiculous OCer Baiting Cops & Neighbors

  1. #31
    Member Array carracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Nampa, Id.
    Posts
    403
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    It is the same old thing. That would lead me to believe that there is a problem. To be honest I think it comes down to responsibility, but there are to many different opinions on were to begin and were to end....
    Responibility.... Like Harry says, the definition and application is what we all seem to disagree on. To most cc'ers just the mere act of open carry lacks responsibility, yet, throwing an unholstered handgun in a pocket with keys, pocket knives and other trigger guard intruding items is perfectly ok.

    I agree with spidey on the safety factor being responsible. I even agree with Harryball on occasion ( but don't tell him!) about lack of responsibility of some oc'ers.

    My priorities are situation awareness first, "responsible" "safe" carry second. My definition of responsible may differ from Harry's but we both agree on the safe part.
    Harryball likes this.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #32
    Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bellevue, Ky/Cincinatti
    Posts
    1,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus222 View Post
    Sorry, OP, but I don't understand your concern. He is on his own property, pacing around smoking and carrying while shirtless? So what. He may look like a redneck, but he isn't doing anything wrong. If he was doing the same thing while CCing, what is the difference? People are going to avoid him because he looks unfriendly or "unclassy".

    Think about all the anti's who think your average Joe who is OCing in a button down collared shirt, slacks, and a tie while grocery shopping appears to be just as much as a threat - if not more, since he isn't on his own property. People really need to get over what "looks" bad and what is (and should be) legally within peoples rights.
    I don't really have any concerns about my safety; he can do what he wants. I think he looks like a Friggin Goof. My point was that I think he's out there baiting neighbors and cops. People have a bad view of people carrying CC badges and make fun them as do I. How is that different from me making fun of this clown? It appears to me people come into the open carry forum to argue the same points and make ridiculous assumptions based on arguments they have had with other members. The same can be said for OCers going into the CC carry forum for the same reasons. I support everybody's right to carry. I also support our right to make fun goofs like this.
    DPro.40 likes this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

    https://www.facebook.com/ninja312


    My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

  4. #33
    Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    1,548
    Buy him a belt.

  5. #34
    Senior Member Array Spidey2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    I guess it depends on your definition of responsible. From my point of view, OC is not responsible in an urban area. In your view he needs better equipment to make sure he doesnt have an ND. Now for the real point. Its his right, he is on his property.

    As for your point all along. I would beg to differ with you. You carry, and could care less about others. Thats not responsible. Thats in your face, just to make sure everyone knows your rights...
    Uh, no.... I'm not talking just OC here, I'm talking carrying period. There are certain things that are non-negotiable for carrying safely. The two main things would be a quality holster and belt. As for it being his right, I acknowledged that when I said, "It's his right and there's nothing we could do about it."

    For the record, i agree about not OC'ing in an urban area. Although I do feel it can be safely done with the right equipment, I personally would not do it. I OC in a small town where it's not that uncommon, and most people don't even notice. When I leave my hometown, I ALWAYS conceal.

    I never said I don't care about others. I said that I don't care if someone is made uncomfortable by me while I am legally, responsibly, and safely carrying a gun. OC doesn't hurt us, but people taking the views that you have certainly can hurt us and everything we stand for. IMO, we should all support ANY method of safe carrying.

    I feel like you have a chip on your shoulders about all this OC stuff. I could easily present arguments for why CC is inherently worse than OC (and have in the past), but I know it would do no good arguing it with you, since you fail to see what's being spelled out in front of your face.


    Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    Responibility.... Like Harry says, the definition and application is what we all seem to disagree on. To most cc'ers just the mere act of open carry lacks responsibility, yet, throwing an unholstered handgun in a pocket with keys, pocket knives and other trigger guard intruding items is perfectly ok.

    I agree with spidey on the safety factor being responsible. I even agree with Harryball on occasion ( but don't tell him!) about lack of responsibility of some oc'ers.

    My priorities are situation awareness first, "responsible" "safe" carry second. My definition of responsible may differ from Harry's but we both agree on the safe part.
    I can't think of one person on here that would agree that throwing an unholstered gun into a pocket with other items is safe.

  6. #35
    Ex Member Array Harryball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lansing Mi
    Posts
    6,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
    Uh, no.... I'm not talking just OC here, I'm talking carrying period. There are certain things that are non-negotiable for carrying safely. The two main things would be a quality holster and belt. As for it being his right, I acknowledged that when I said, "It's his right and there's nothing we could do about it."

    For the record, i agree about not OC'ing in an urban area. Although I do feel it can be safely done with the right equipment, I personally would not do it. I OC in a small town where it's not that uncommon, and most people don't even notice. When I leave my hometown, I ALWAYS conceal.

    I never said I don't care about others. I said that I don't care if someone is made uncomfortable by me while I am legally, responsibly, and safely carrying a gun. OC doesn't hurt us, but people taking the views that you have certainly can hurt us and everything we stand for. IMO, we should all support ANY method of safe carrying.

    I feel like you have a chip on your shoulders about all this OC stuff. I could easily present arguments for why CC is inherently worse than OC (and have in the past), but I know it would do no good arguing it with you, since you fail to see what's being spelled out in front of your face.
    Sorry spidey, No chip here. You have in the past said that you do not care what others think. I would love to see your wealth of information why CC is inherently worse than OC. You can spell it out in a PM. I think you fail to see my logic, thats ok, we all have room to grow....

  7. #36
    Senior Member Array Spidey2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Sorry spidey, No chip here. You have in the past said that you do not care what others think. I would love to see your wealth of information why CC is inherently worse than OC. You can spell it out in a PM. I think you fail to see my logic, thats ok, we all have room to grow....
    Yes, I carry in a safe and responsible manner, so I don't really care what someone I don't know thinks about it. This OC'er probably feels the same way, but there is a BIG difference. My gun isn't pulling my sweatpants down. It's securely fastened to me and in a quality holster with retention.

    I do see your logic, you think that I'm being hypocritical. The problem with that is that there's a big difference between me safely carrying, and this guy's unsafe method. It's apple and oranges, really.

    BTW, I don't really think CC is worse than OC, but just like the arguments presented here against OC, I could present some against CC.

  8. #37
    Ex Member Array Harryball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lansing Mi
    Posts
    6,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
    Yes, I carry in a safe and responsible manner, so I don't really care what someone I don't know thinks about it. This OC'er probably feels the same way, but there is a BIG difference. My gun isn't pulling my sweatpants down. It's securely fastened to me and in a quality holster with retention.

    I do see your logic, you think that I'm being hypocritical. The problem with that is that there's a big difference between me safely carrying, and this guy's unsafe method. It's apple and oranges, really.

    BTW, I don't really think CC is worse than OC, but just like the arguments presented here against OC, I could present some against CC.
    I have been playing devils advocate in this thread. OCers use you statement that If they see and are scared of it, dont like it, who cares its my right. Well. This guy was on his own property, and carrying his gun openly. The context is that he is on his own property. Why should he care what others think. See my logic now. It is the same argument I have made in the past, perception can be a player in the great debate.

  9. #38
    Senior Member Array Spidey2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    I have been playing devils advocate in this thread. OCers use you statement that If they see and are scared of it, dont like it, who cares its my right. Well. This guy was on his own property, and carrying his gun openly. The context is that he is on his own property. Why should he care what others think. See my logic now. It is the same argument I have made in the past, perception can be a player in the great debate.
    I agree with you 100% there. And while I can agree that it is definitely his right to do what he wants and not care what others think, he is not using the appropriate gear. No perception there. He is definitely being unsafe. I wouldn't be surprised if I read an article in a week about how his gun pulled his pants down and he tripped and shot himself or someone else.

    To make another point I was trying to make earlier, not all OC'ers are this way. This is grossly atypical.

  10. #39
    Ex Member Array Harryball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lansing Mi
    Posts
    6,960
    To make another point I was trying to make earlier, not all OC'ers are this way. This is grossly atypical.
    I will agree on that. And the fact that he is being unsafe.
    Spidey2011 and carracer like this.

  11. #40
    Senior Member Array Lotus222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,133
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    I don't really have any concerns about my safety; he can do what he wants. I think he looks like a Friggin Goof. My point was that I think he's out there baiting neighbors and cops. People have a bad view of people carrying CC badges and make fun them as do I. How is that different from me making fun of this clown? It appears to me people come into the open carry forum to argue the same points and make ridiculous assumptions based on arguments they have had with other members. The same can be said for OCers going into the CC carry forum for the same reasons. I support everybody's right to carry. I also support our right to make fun goofs like this.
    Gotcha. Well, on that note, I completely agree lol.
    ericb327 likes this.

  12. #41
    Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,153
    While not required by the 2A, I think it's wise to portray to others--with our words and actions--the grave responsibility that comes with carrying a firearm. I think we, as people who carry guns (CC or OC) should be even more polite and nicer than others should be to us when they know we are packing. Coming across as a irresponsible thug (even if obeying all laws while doing so) is not good PR and only instills false stereotypes in the minds of those who may vote to overthrow our 2A rights, if possible, based on ignorance and fear. No, we don't have to care what others think, but I think it would be foolish to ignore how we come across while carrying. I believe we should act lawfully, responsibly, and courteously, and if that's not enough, then so be it. If I get harassed for exercising my right, it will because of the right, itself; not because I'm acting like an inconsiderate equus africanus asinus (at least, I would hope!).

    "Abstain from all appearance of evil." - 1 Thess. 5:22 (KJV)
    Spidey2011 and ericb327 like this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

    “The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

  13. #42
    Senior Member Array taseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    907
    as much as it is his right. the popo could find something to charge him for, then he would commit the 'crime' with a firearm making it a felony. if convcted, he will never be able to carry or posess a gun again :)

  14. #43
    Member Array frenchman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New Hampster
    Posts
    44
    What's wrong? This is America. Let the man carry and dress however he want. It doesn't affect anyone, and is therefor nobody's business. Maybe he doesn't like how YOU dress.

  15. #44
    Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bellevue, Ky/Cincinatti
    Posts
    1,414
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchman View Post
    What's wrong? This is America. Let the man carry and dress however he want. It doesn't affect anyone, and is therefor nobody's business. Maybe he doesn't like how YOU dress.
    Try putting on a bikini and clipping on a glock 19 and tell me it's a responsible mode of carry. Please, read my posts and try to see the context.

    A: looks like a clown.
    B: baiting cops and neighbours.
    C: wearing a firearm that is clearly not secured.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

    https://www.facebook.com/ninja312


    My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

  16. #45
    Member Array frenchman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New Hampster
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    Try putting on a bikini and clipping on a glock 19 and tell me it's a responsible mode of carry. Please, read my posts and try to see the context.

    A: looks like a clown.
    B: baiting cops and neighbours.
    C: wearing a firearm that is clearly not secured.
    I'm the new guy here, so it is not my pace to argue, BUT...
    A: looks like a clown... I say it again. This is America. The land of the free. He has every right to look like any way he want.
    B: baiting cops and neighbours... How is he baiting? By openly carrying? By doing whatever he does ON HIS own property?
    C: wearing a firearm that is clearly not secured. How did you fiure that one out? Do you know if it's even loaded?

    The man is on his own property, and he does whatever he want, like it's supposed to be, according to the constitution of this great country. f you don't like the way he looks, then don't look at him. If you think that it is not safe on his property because of the way he carries his handgun there, then stay away. Same goes for the cops and the neighbours, by the way.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

baiting cops
,
bellevue ky open carry
,
ky open carry in my neighborhood
,
open carry neighbors
,

open carry youtube bellevue, ky

,
powered by mybb art of public speaking
,
powered by mybb fire fighter clip art
,
powered by mybb free fall clipart
,

powered by mybb people clip art

,
powered by mybb sun tzu art of war
,

powered by mybb that's life

,
powered by mybb youtube
Click on a term to search for related topics.