Ridiculous OCer Baiting Cops & Neighbors

This is a discussion on Ridiculous OCer Baiting Cops & Neighbors within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by frenchman I'm the new guy here, so it is not my pace to argue, BUT... A: looks like a clown ... I ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 63
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Ridiculous OCer Baiting Cops & Neighbors

  1. #46
    Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bellevue, Ky/Cincinatti
    Posts
    1,416
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchman View Post
    I'm the new guy here, so it is not my pace to argue, BUT...
    A: looks like a clown... I say it again. This is America. The land of the free. He has every right to look like any way he want.
    B: baiting cops and neighbours... How is he baiting? By openly carrying? By doing whatever he does ON HIS own property?
    C: wearing a firearm that is clearly not secured. How did you fiure that one out? Do you know if it's even loaded?

    The man is on his own property, and he does whatever he want, like it's supposed to be, according to the constitution of this great country. f you don't like the way he looks, then don't look at him. If you think that it is not safe on his property because of the way he carries his handgun there, then stay away. Same goes for the cops and the neighbours, by the way.
    I'm not one of those guys that cares how many posts you have. Read my post! I saw him personally. I have said its his right to do what he wants. It's also my right to point out the flaws.
    atctimmy likes this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

    https://www.facebook.com/ninja312


    My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #47
    Member Array pappou68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    302
    A video circulated recently showing an OC individual baiting and videotaping his encounters with LE at a Florida fishing pier. Morons like this make it tough on the rest of us. For those not knowing, in Florida you can only OC while going to and from hunting, camping, fishing or the range.

  4. #48
    Member Array Moops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by RayBar View Post
    You are rarely going to find any group of people without at least one idiot in it. Thats life,we can't win em all.
    So that means, all those times when I look around and think, "This is a pretty good group of people..."
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    "Your mind is the weapon, all the rest are just tools." --gasmitty

  5. #49
    Senior Member Array Spidey2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    While not required by the 2A, I think it's wise to portray to others--with our words and actions--the grave responsibility that comes with carrying a firearm. I think we, as people who carry guns (CC or OC) should be even more polite and nicer than others should be to us when they know we are packing. Coming across as a irresponsible thug (even if obeying all laws while doing so) is not good PR and only instills false stereotypes in the minds of those who may vote to overthrow our 2A rights, if possible, based on ignorance and fear. No, we don't have to care what others think, but I think it would be foolish to ignore how we come across while carrying. I believe we should act lawfully, responsibly, and courteously, and if that's not enough, then so be it. If I get harassed for exercising my right, it will because of the right, itself; not because I'm acting like an inconsiderate equus africanus asinus (at least, I would hope!).

    "Abstain from all appearance of evil." - 1 Thess. 5:22 (KJV)
    While I don't necessarily agree 100%, I think you make a very valid point. I will say that it is important to portray a responsible image of OC, but I'm not going to say someone shouldn't OC just because they dress one way or another. As long as their clothing allows them to carry in a responsible way (NOT sweatpants), then I say go for it. Do I think it's a good idea to make sure that you dress and look clean and non-threatening? Yup, but you don't have to.

  6. #50
    Moderator
    Array Rock and Glock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Colorado at 11,650'
    Posts
    12,386
    Well, there's really three issues here:

    His dress: He has one chance to make good first impressions. He fails. Dressing that way does not make a good first impression regardless

    His Clip-On: It drags down his waist band. Bad form. See "His dress" for further explanation.

    Gene Pool: You could walk through that one and not get your shoes wet.

    Unfortunately, we're in America.

    Unfortunately, we're in America.
    ericb327 likes this.

  7. #51
    Senior Member Array Spidey2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Gene Pool: You could walk through that one and not get your shoes wet.
    Not only is it a shallow gene pool, but I'm pretty sure somebody peed in it.
    ericb327 likes this.

  8. #52
    Ex Member Array MNgunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    89
    There would exist only a few gun owners in America should I start (with authority) to limit the pool due to their lack of skills, looks, etc.

    Not everybody is as smart, handsome, well-off and responsible as the OP.

    Thank God we live in America.

  9. #53
    VIP Member Array Crowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    West Allis WI
    Posts
    2,761
    Quote Originally Posted by ANGLICO View Post
    Interesting............
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

    Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

  10. #54
    VIP Member Array Gene83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,220
    Marshal Dillon looked good open carrying. Deputy Fife? Well, not so much. But both were well within their rights. It would be nice if we all fit some common mold of what responsible open carriers should look and act like. Boring, but nice. If the neighbor's legally carrying, I may agree with you that he looks silly, but he's within his rights to look silly if he wants.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

  11. #55
    Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bellevue, Ky/Cincinatti
    Posts
    1,416
    Quote Originally Posted by MNgunner View Post
    There would exist only a few gun owners in America should I start (with authority) to limit the pool due to their lack of skills, looks, etc.

    Not everybody is as smart, handsome, well-off and responsible as the OP.

    Thank God we live in America.
    You should go back and read my posts in this thread!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

    https://www.facebook.com/ninja312


    My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

  12. #56
    Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bellevue, Ky/Cincinatti
    Posts
    1,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    Marshal Dillon looked good open carrying. Deputy Fife? Well, not so much. But both were well within their rights. It would be nice if we all fit some common mold of what responsible open carriers should look and act like. Boring, but nice. If the neighbor's legally carrying, I may agree with you that he looks silly, but he's within his rights to look silly if he wants.
    Yes he is but your ignoring the baiting cops and neighbours portion of my post.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

    https://www.facebook.com/ninja312


    My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

  13. #57
    VIP Member Array Gene83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,220
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    Yes he is but your ignoring the baiting cops and neighbours portion of my post.
    I wasn't ignoring it. I just didn't bother to comment on it. I'd have to know how many neighbours (other than you) are complaining and how many times officers have come out to pay him a visit in order to make some comment in that regard. Clearly, he annoys you. Is he annoying the police also? My experience has been that they usually find some way of dealing with people who continually annoy them. Maybe things are different in Bellevue, but in my town if you yank on their chain long enough, you'll get their attention. Is this guy such an annoyance that he's making the local news outlets? We had one of those in my state. His shenanigans eventually cost him his carry permit. As far as I know, he still has gotten it back.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

  14. #58
    P95
    P95 is offline
    Ex Member Array P95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    304
    It's guys just like this that scare the public...for good reason...and give OC's and CC's a bad rep. If he is not a friend....better left undone.

  15. #59
    Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bellevue, Ky/Cincinatti
    Posts
    1,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    I wasn't ignoring it. I just didn't bother to comment on it. I'd have to know how many neighbours (other than you) are complaining and how many times officers have come out to pay him a visit in order to make some comment in that regard. Clearly, he annoys you. Is he annoying the police also? My experience has been that they usually find some way of dealing with people who continually annoy them. Maybe things are different in Bellevue, but in my town if you yank on their chain long enough, you'll get their attention. Is this guy such an annoyance that he's making the local news outlets? We had one of those in my state. His shenanigans eventually cost him his carry permit. As far as I know, he still has gotten it back.

    I have not seen him OC anymore. Maybe Bellevue PD had a conversation with him. He lives about two blocks away from me within a federal school safe zone; if he does not have CDWL for Kentucky he is breaking the law. As I stated in my original post the police have paid him a visit. I have OCd in front of local police and they are fine with it. I know them all by name and correspond with the chief via email. I have not and will not make MWAG calls for people simply OCing. This guy annoyed me because I felt he was baiting.




    It's guys just like this that scare the public...for good reason...and give OC's and CC's a bad rep. If he is not a friend....better left undone.
    Agree!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

    https://www.facebook.com/ninja312


    My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

  16. #60
    VIP Member Array Gene83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,220
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    I have not seen him OC anymore. Maybe Bellevue PD had a conversation with him. He lives about two blocks away from me within a federal school safe zone; if he does not have CDWL for Kentucky he is breaking the law. As I stated in my original post the police have paid him a visit. I have OCd in front of local police and they are fine with it. I know them all by name and correspond with the chief via email. I have not and will not make MWAG calls for people simply OCing. This guy annoyed me because I felt he was baiting.
    I don't blame you for not wanting to make a MWAG call. But, like I said, if this individual keeps coming up on the local cops' radar, he'll eventually wish that he hadn't. Cops aren't necessarily vindictive, but they are human. If somebody keeps intentionally aggravating them, they will figure out some way to make him quit.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

baiting cops
,
bellevue ky open carry
,
ky open carry in my neighborhood
,
open carry neighbors
,

open carry youtube bellevue, ky

,
powered by mybb art of public speaking
,
powered by mybb fire fighter clip art
,
powered by mybb free fall clipart
,

powered by mybb people clip art

,
powered by mybb sun tzu art of war
,

powered by mybb that's life

,
powered by mybb youtube
Click on a term to search for related topics.