Hidden in plain sight....

This is a discussion on Hidden in plain sight.... within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have noticed that people are oblivious and usually don't ever notice OC...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Hidden in plain sight....

I have noticed that people are oblivious and usually don't ever notice OC
    TN_Mike likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    ... a black Glock in a black holster on a black belt worn with black slacks.
    It does help when a black-on-black combo is used. IMO it's far less obvious, to casual glances.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I'm sure that you're correct. My point, and I do have one, is that often we pay more attention to ourselves than others do. We have a gun. We are aware of it. We try so hard to make sure that others aren't aware of it, we draw attention to ourselves. We spot our comrades in arms. "Yep, he's packing. That's not a cell phone at 5 o'clock.

Unless you reside in a highly restrictive state, and thank God I don't, just lighten up and go with the flow. I no longer try that hard to conceal. If people notice, they don't get hysterical about it.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by GhostRed7 View Post
    That's b/c their little curious minds are more observant than most adults :P ....especially in Pre-K through 2d grade
    I wish I had the situational awareness of a 7 year old.
    ericb327 likes this.

VIP Member
    I've always found it interesting to "study" the observation skills of others. My wife see's nothing (her father is like that too), I see everything (my father was like that). However one thing she does see, she can tell when I had a nap on the couch, something about the pillows being moved a bit? Good grief !

OC out in public, I think there are two things in play that can affect people seeing someone OCing. One is the fact that you have a gun on only one side of your body. You can walk by some people and they can't see your gun even if they were looking right at you. The other thing is, where you happen to be OCing, are you in a area that is conducive to "people-watching" like a sidewalk along a beach edge? Opposite of the beach example, might be in a supermarket, where most people are focused on their shopping list, pushing their cart, and finding the items on the shelf.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

How do you know you see "everything"? I mean, if you didn't see it you wouldn't realize you hadn't seen it...

Deep Thoughts.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    How do you know you see "everything"? I mean, if you didn't see it you wouldn't realize you hadn't seen it...

Deep Thoughts.
    If you're referring to my post, you might be taking it a bit too literal. I think it goes without saying, no one can see everything, it's only a "figure of speech" to get a point across and nothing more.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I think we notice CC or OC more than most due to our Higher level of SA.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links