Open Carry Mall Ninja at Wally World Last Night - Page 3

Open Carry Mall Ninja at Wally World Last Night

This is a discussion on Open Carry Mall Ninja at Wally World Last Night within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I need to take the opportunity to say something here, not in response to a particular post, but in general. Can we please proofread our ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Open Carry Mall Ninja at Wally World Last Night

I need to take the opportunity to say something here, not in response to a particular post, but in general. Can we please proofread our comments, for spelling AND grammar? I fail to believe that so many members of this forum have such a weak grasp of the English language. At the very least, slow down so your fingers can catch up with your brains. It actually gives your comments a little more credibility if they sound like they came from someone old enough to carry a gun.

I'm certainly not an English professor but lets at least understand the difference between your and you're.

Moderators, Administrators, please don't be mad at me. I know you're thinking the same thing.
    -You know Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help.

-Susie, if you want to see your doll again, leave $100 in this envelope by the tree out front. Do not call the police. You cannot trace us. You cannot find us. Sincerely, Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by ANGLICO View Post
    oh dear lord. i am going need to read this one post at a time over a few days...
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Then he would have felt real wierd when I ask for his cred's,while showing mine,albiet in a very professional manner.

Wat doo yu mein,I halv survded with tear 1 teems,halv a bachlers in CJ with a mastres in blistics co.Mi splling nevr wus a prolum befour.
    Quote Originally Posted by FUZZ View Post
    I need to take the opportunity to say something here, not in response to a particular post, but in general. Can we please proofread our comments, for spelling AND grammar? I fail to believe that so many members of this forum have such a weak grasp of the English language. At the very least, slow down so your fingers can catch up with your brains. It actually gives your comments a little more credibility if they sound like they came from someone old enough to carry a gun.

I'm certainly not an English professor but lets at least understand the difference between your and you're.

Moderators, Administrators, please don't be mad at me. I know you're thinking the same thing.
    pgrass101, AZJD1968 and mano3 like this.

Senior Moderator

Nope not thinking that at all
    suntzu likes this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Pretty insulting if you ask me. May I suggest you look into this forum:Teaching Literacy Skills | TeachingEnglish | British Council | BBC
    It may be more to your liking.

Quote Originally Posted by keboostman View Post
    The ninja and the ranter are both morons. First, it's not Obama that's causing prices to go up; it's inflation and demand outstripping supply. Second, when you don't know who is around, best to keep your opinions to yourself unless you just want to fight and perhaps get killed for mouthing off.
    Well, to a degree obama and his idiot friends at the fed are helping with part 1. ;-)
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by 97tbird View Post
    well, we know that's not true!! Who the heck would procreate with him!!!!
    Lizard 16
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar

As Jack Nicholson would say to a photographer who asks him to take off his sunglasses. "You're new here aren't you kid?"

These types of posts rarely endear you to the forum population. Over time you'll learn to accept how people write, spell, etc. This isn't English 101. Good luck and welcome to the forum.
    CJM likes this.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
    Well, gun sales did skyrocket just before the last election, and have been steadily rising for awhile now. I do believe that could cause demand to outstrip supply, correct? Granted, the economy probably has a lot to do with it, but I do know that I went out and bought a couple guns just before the election, myself.
    If you scare easily they can get you to do exactly what they want, spend exactly what they ask, for a product that you don't really need or have thousands of. Fall for it if you must, but I don't scare that easily. I just get sick of paying high gun and ammo prices because others do.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Obama may be getting blamed more than the devil these days, but he sure is still doing his best to make sure someone gets blamed more than him. Everything is still Bush's fault... Except the high ammo prices. Supply can't keep up with deman, but Obama(yes suntzu, with the help of the NRA and GOA ) is the reason for the demand.

The greatest argument against democracy would be talking to the average person at Wal-Mart, to paraphrase a scholar.
    Walk softly ...

Quote Originally Posted by Fausty View Post
    oh dear lord. i am going need to read this one post at a time over a few days...
    by the way, i have been trying all day to read through the mall gecko45 page...it hurts my head.

I don't see the big deal. This is an open discussion forum and though may mix up some spelling and grammar doesn't take away from what I've seen anybody say. Regardless of perfect or subpar grammar and spelling, everybody here seems quite knowledgeable or admits that they aren't and conveys their ideas, opinions, and/or advice in such a way that anybody can understand. If a few misspelled words or incorrect grammar bother you THAT much that you can't get that, you're missing out on a lot of knowledge being shared on the forums.

OT, what does VIP stand for anyways? Mall Ninja is a term I see on here a lot, is it somebody who dresses up like Special Forces and sports a CC badge?
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

apparently there was a poster named gecko45 (the original mall ninja) here a long time ago. anglico linked it earlier in this thread. his exploits:

Shrine of the Mall Ninja » LonelyMachines

read it at your own risk. the complete idiocy contained therein is sure to give you a headache.
    mano3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by keboostman View Post
    The ninja and the ranter are both morons. First, it's not Obama that's causing prices to go up; it's inflation and demand outstripping supply. Second, when you don't know who is around, best to keep your opinions to yourself unless you just want to fight and perhaps get killed for mouthing off.
    And who/what created the demanded? Could a President's election have created it?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links