Defensive Carry banner

Open Carry Mall Ninja at Wally World Last Night

9K views 50 replies 35 participants last post by  BugDude 
#1 ·
I'm in the ammo aisle at my local Wally World looking for a deal/sale next to a very tall, young man. I make a comment about how expensive ammo has become and he goes off in a rant in a VERY loud, extreme Southern drawl, 'It's Obama!!! Ever since that guy got in office guns have gone up and ammo's gone up!!!'

Now I agree with the guy, but not so loud, in public, with fellow Obama supporters nearby...

I guess his loud rant attracted Mr. Ninja, because around the corner, here he comes!

Before me is a short guy, all in black, with a SWAT cap, fatigue pants, combat boots and a police belt with an OC Glock and handcuffs. His black t-shirt had a white 'badge' stenciled on it with the letters 'VIP'. They don't correspond to any LEO departments around here. Still, he seemed very confident and started agreeing with 'Rant Guy'.

I'm not really sure if he was an off-duty LEO, armed Wally World security or a Blackwater wanna-be. Very out-of-place for Wetumpka, AL...

So, in my thoughest voice, I said, 'Wally World ain't gettin' by business tonight!' Rant Guy and Ninja Guy gave me grunts of approval and I was on my way. Odd...

See less See more
#2 ·
Your lucky you escaped. They were zombies just getting ready to turn....:wink:

#8 ·
Very out-of-place for Wetumpka, AL...
What's it usually like down there and (at WallyWorld)?

#20 ·
Wally World...Alabama... go figure. Both men were no doubtly related.

Reactions: mano3
#25 ·
Just curious why folks seem to be upset by Mr Gecko wanta be....The guy that seemed t making the scene or got the attention of the OP was the young man who started a rant. Sounds like Mr Gecko came around the corner and started a conversation with the young man. The Op doesn't really say anything out of the ordinary about the dude except his dress which he said could have been private security. Who knows? If he didn't I bet 90 percent of the folks that saw him thought he was in some type of official capacity so they probally didn't care. Just as if they say a cop or guard at a bank.

#31 ·
I need to take the opportunity to say something here, not in response to a particular post, but in general. Can we please proofread our comments, for spelling AND grammar? I fail to believe that so many members of this forum have such a weak grasp of the English language. At the very least, slow down so your fingers can catch up with your brains. It actually gives your comments a little more credibility if they sound like they came from someone old enough to carry a gun.

I'm certainly not an English professor but lets at least understand the difference between your and you're.

Moderators, Administrators, please don't be mad at me. I know you're thinking the same thing.

#33 ·
Then he would have felt real wierd when I ask for his cred's,while showing mine,albiet in a very professional manner.

#41 ·
Obama may be getting blamed more than the devil these days, but he sure is still doing his best to make sure someone gets blamed more than him. Everything is still Bush's fault... Except the high ammo prices. Supply can't keep up with deman, but Obama(yes suntzu, with the help of the NRA and GOA ) is the reason for the demand.

The greatest argument against democracy would be talking to the average person at Wal-Mart, to paraphrase a scholar.

#51 ·
I think I would have had to buddy up with those guys enough to ask to take their picture...that would have just put this thread over the top. Just the mental image of SWAT guy is cracking me up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.