A well dressed Wal-Mart shopper...... - Page 2

A well dressed Wal-Mart shopper......

This is a discussion on A well dressed Wal-Mart shopper...... within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by nerdyvirgin This is from the california open carry movement . the hammer is down because the gun is not loaded per california ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: A well dressed Wal-Mart shopper......

Quote Originally Posted by nerdyvirgin View Post
    This is from the california open carry movement . the hammer is down because the gun is not loaded per california law.(uoc) and as of this year is illegal to do per ab144
    Wait a second, so the genius's in California's legislature said "let them carry a gun, but not have it loaded". What is the point? That's like saying "you can carry a knife, but with no blade on it".

What moron's keep voting these idiots into office? Can you at least carry a mag on your person?
    Spirit51 likes this.

WT
    That's definitely not a Wal-Mart. It's way too nice.
    kmagnuss likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WT View Post
    That's definitely not a Wal-Mart. It's way too nice.
    Yeah, and there's no creepy people around her.
    kmagnuss likes this.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Wait a second, so the genius's in California's legislature said "let them carry a gun, but not have it loaded". What is the point? That's like saying "you can carry a knife, but with no blade on it".

What moron's keep voting these idiots into office? Can you at least carry a mag on your person?
    It's more like "if you have a knife, it needs to be folded and in a carry-case". To me, it's just an extension of the "one in the chamber" debate. I'd much rather have an unloaded carry weapon, with a magazine available, than no weapon. If people are honestly worried about the delay of loading a weapon, then the counter-question becomes "why do you have the pistol holstered? That's valuable delay-time to draw it!"

Plus, if you see someone with a hammer or a magazine in place, then you can know that they might be up to no good.
    spend more fighting Ebola than on Thanksgiving dinner. Be grateful it's being fought there, so we don't have to fight it here.

As well, there are millions in potential patents possible for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell.. (and gumption) It's an untapped technology.

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    It's more like "if you have a knife, it needs to be folded and in a carry-case". To me, it's just an extension of the "one in the chamber" debate. I'd much rather have an unloaded carry weapon, with a magazine available, than no weapon. If people are honestly worried about the delay of loading a weapon, then the counter-question becomes "why do you have the pistol holstered? That's valuable delay-time to draw it!"

Plus, if you see someone with a hammer or a magazine in place, then you can know that they might be up to no good.
    I agree that having an unloaded gun and a mag handy is better than no gun, but it is a stupid law put in affect by bleeding heart liberals that want to make themselves feel better. The fact is, making a law abiding citizen carry an unloaded weapon is not going to do ANYTHING to stop a criminal from doing what they will do anyways, and only hamstrings the law abiding citizens ability to react to said criminal. And therein lies the fundamental flaw of liberal thinking.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    If I see someone with a gun, period, I might think they are either up to no good, or an armed citizen ready to protect themselves. The condition of the weapon makes no difference to my perspective of that person, but other context clues are helpful. If an attack is going to happen, I don't want to be fumbling for a magazine, trying to insert it properly while making sure it's seated, and then chambering a round while the BG is coming at me. I'd rather be able to present and fire in one (hopefully) smooth motion to stop the threat immediately. If the BG knocks the magazine away before I can get it in the gun, I guess I can try using the gun as clubbing tool. That's about all it would be good for at that point.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Yeah, I know people want to be able to respond rapidly. I find it somewhat amusing that the balance between 'rapidly enough' and 'too slow' is somewhere in between 'having the gun drawn constantly' and 'wearing a gun that requires loading'.

If I were to walk around with a gun in my hand, because I wanted to be 'ready' all the time ("If a BG is coming at me, I don't want to have to worry about lifting my shirt, or unlatching snaps, or anything ... I want it in my HAND"), I'd be seen as a psycho!

It's a culture thing, really. I don't know if I'd object to having an additional 10 seconds of delay in exchange for not allowing people with 20 IQ points fewer than me walking around with loaded guns
    spend more fighting Ebola than on Thanksgiving dinner. Be grateful it's being fought there, so we don't have to fight it here.

As well, there are millions in potential patents possible for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell.. (and gumption) It's an untapped technology.

Ahhhh.. Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by gobbly View Post
    nice looking accessory!
    I agree.. both of them! I was talking about the gun and holster.. what were you thinking?

FireStar M40

Yeah, I know people want to be able to respond rapidly. I find it somewhat amusing that the balance between 'rapidly enough' and 'too slow' is somewhere in between 'having the gun drawn constantly' and 'wearing a gun that requires loading'.

If I were to walk around with a gun in my hand, because I wanted to be 'ready' all the time ("If a BG is coming at me, I don't want to have to worry about lifting my shirt, or unlatching snaps, or anything ... I want it in my HAND"), I'd be seen as a psycho!

It's a culture thing, really. I don't know if I'd object to having an additional 10 seconds of delay in exchange for not allowing people with 20 IQ points fewer than me walking around with loaded guns
    Our constitution just doesn't allow for that kind of thinking. That will only lead us to the kind of situations we have in the UK, or even Canada's restricted level of firearms ownership. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Canada is a nice place. What with all the beatings, and stabbings, and such.
    Inspector71 and JDE101 like this.

The belt sucks which is why her rig is sagging on it and the hammer is down on a gun that was designed to be carried cocked and locked. So, while I like to see ladies carrying, since it appears she doesn't know what she is doing, I'd prefer she conceal it. (I am a big proponent of OC by the way)
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by nerdyvirgin View Post
    that is one of the pictures from an artical about open carry forgot what magazine.another picture in that article showed another lady, a nurse standing next to a patients bed also open carrying while checking the patients blood pressure, This is from the california open carry movement . the hammer is down because the gun is not loaded per california law.(uoc) and as of this year is illegal to do per ab144
    Is it any wonder why earthquakes do not like California?????
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
    Our constitution just doesn't allow for that kind of thinking.
    Yeah, I know. The law is rather clear, and so moving 'away' from the Constitution is very hard to do effectively. To me, it's a bit like medicare. I think it's probably better to have a LOT of freedoms or have it be culturally rather restricted. The 'middle-ground' doesn't work as well as either extreme does. And when I mean 'work', I mean 'provide the statistical outcome we'd like to see'. Obviously, we then flavor which version we'd prefer based on our political inclination. Because the Constitution is so clear, it's much wiser to stick with a lot of freedoms on the issue, because wading into the 'middle ground' is unlikely to be useful.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Canada is a nice place. What with all the beatings, and stabbings, and such.
    Man, it's impossible to emphasise how low on my list of priorities 'fear of violent crime' is. I mean, it happens, but it's awfully, awfully rare. The majority of violence is either criminal-on-criminal or those weird cyclical domestics where they never end up leaving each other, even though they seem to hate each other. My loved ones are at much greater risk of long-term debilitation by eating too much cake than by forgetting to lock their doors.

I'm not trying to argue or anything. I just really think the preferences are cultural

This is a very effective method for those who carry stage 3,and I will teach this it's also very fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    Then again she may have trained in the Israeli Method.

All strings of fire in the video begin with empty chamber.

Israeli Combat Shooting for Cops- Local, National, International - YouTube

OS

Yeah, I know. The law is rather clear, and so moving 'away' from the Constitution is very hard to do effectively. To me, it's a bit like medicare. I think it's probably better to have a LOT of freedoms or have it be culturally rather restricted. The 'middle-ground' doesn't work as well as either extreme does. And when I mean 'work', I mean 'provide the statistical outcome we'd like to see'. Obviously, we then flavor which version we'd prefer based on our political inclination. Because the Constitution is so clear, it's much wiser to stick with a lot of freedoms on the issue, because wading into the 'middle ground' is unlikely to be useful.

Man, it's impossible to emphasise how low on my list of priorities 'fear of violent crime' is. I mean, it happens, but it's awfully, awfully rare. The majority of violence is either criminal-on-criminal or those weird cyclical domestics where they never end up leaving each other, even though they seem to hate each other. My loved ones are at much greater risk of long-term debilitation by eating too much cake than by forgetting to lock their doors.

I'm not trying to argue or anything. I just really think the preferences are cultural
    Not really. In 2006 Canada had roughly 50% MORE violent crime than the US, and a lot of that WAS firearms related. I'll admit that it has gone down some in the recent years, but you're still higher than the US.

Of all places Wal-fart is the last place on earth I would go without a gun...
    kmagnuss and carracer like this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links