First encounter with LE while CC/OC - Page 2

First encounter with LE while CC/OC

This is a discussion on First encounter with LE while CC/OC within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good job on the OP's part. In many jurisdictions the police are uninformed with respect to CC/OC laws and PC, RAS, and search in the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: First encounter with LE while CC/OC

VIP Member
    Good job on the OP's part.

In many jurisdictions the police are uninformed with respect to CC/OC laws and PC, RAS, and search in the context of weapons carry. The result is that the public must inform through voluntary encounters, or the department must institute a training program. The latter usually only happens after a citizen sues (or raises a persistent stink) over a civil rights violation.

I don't OC (I prefer to go unnoticed by other citizens), but it is for these reasons that I am strongly opposed to the view that one should "keep it covered" so as to avoid inevitable police encounters when OC is legal. It's akin to "keeping your mouth shut" or "staying home on election day" to "stay out of trouble."

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    Absolutely, 16 rounds Speer Gold Dot 124 GR JHP. I had an OTWB Galco Paddle Holster. My Galco ITWB Royal Guard will be here Friday. Carrying first gen Glock 19. I'm leaving the P238 home due to a higher level of threat in my area.
    Bring both!
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I've not gotten into the BUG thing. Not a bad idea. Socially its hard enough explaining one gun to friends that know I carry. And I really don't want all the extra stuff. I only carry an extra Mag when I carry my P238.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links