Drawback to OTWB carry. - Page 2

Drawback to OTWB carry.

This is a discussion on Drawback to OTWB carry. within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Gene83 Carry at 5:00 or 5:30 and unless you are walking sideways, you won't have that problem. 5 or 5:30 the paddle ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Drawback to OTWB carry.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    Carry at 5:00 or 5:30 and unless you are walking sideways, you won't have that problem.
    5 or 5:30 the paddle doesn't fit right. My Galco Royal Guard should be here tomorrow.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by livewire9880 View Post
    I did that the other day... a car parked at 7-11, and my magazine holder tagged a mirror. I carry concealed, but I was carrying OWB with a cover shirt. I knocked the mirror back and had to snap it back in place. The driver and passenger were sitting in car looking at me.

awkward......
    Nice!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    5 or 5:30 the paddle doesn't fit right. My Galco Royal Guard should be here tomorrow.
    I've got a Galco Concealable. That seems to be the one spot on my body that it wants to fit just right. It pulls in tight and I hardly notice the gun is there when I'm wearing it. It took a lot of experimenting with a lot of holsters before I found the one that fit me the best and still allowed me to access the gun easily.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I was running around a corner to grab the dog at my grandparents house, and the rear sights took a chunk out of the drywall on the corner of the wall. Felt really bad, had to check the sights afterwards too.
    Walk softly ...

VIP Member
    Eric good thing you were carrying a Glock if it had been a 1911 you would have caused major damage to the car.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Eric good thing you were carrying a Glock if it had been a 1911 you would have caused major damage to the car.
    You're probably right. I do have a colt 1991 A1.

I haven't,but I don't move very fast due to an injury and so I'm careful when I'm moving around obstacles,one good impact can knock me off balance on my butt
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

ya what he said.i am used to carrying my pistol OWB. i dont hit anything when walking.just kinda becomes natural after a few weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    If you don't do it often, it's definitely something to adjust to... however if you do it often enough it's like an extension of your body and you naturally 'make room' for it.

But yeah, I think I'd leave the gun part out and just say I was clumsy and walked into your mirror. :)

I carry IWB, most times. have never had a problem hitting anything, might wanna look at your holster n belt, i know mine stays tucked right where it is supposed to be , even in the owb holster i sometimes use...which conceals with a tee shirt, i do not openly carry unless out on the farm.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

CJM
    Wait until some little brat is running all over the place, not paying attention to where they're going, and the little bratty turd manages to do a face plant into your gun and holster. Then have the parents ask if there is any damage to the smart phone on your hip. "Why no, my "smart phone" is just fine, how's juniors face?"

I did this a few times when I first started carrying. Like someone else said, once you carry long enough, it kind of becomes an extension of your own body. I can't remember the last time I wacked something with my gun.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hfjeff View Post
    Good thing it wasn't a Kia or Smart Car...
    Dont they just slide out of the way when you bump into them?

I carry my gun IWB but my mag carrier OWB and fairly commonly bang it in to stuff. Most often it's my car door frame as I am getting in.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I carry my gun IWB but my mag carrier OWB and fairly commonly bang it in to stuff. Most often it's my car door frame as I am getting in.
    My extra mag carrier hits my door jam every time.

I got tagged by a shopping cart yesterday. They looked very surprised!

Since this seems to be an issue with some maybe I could develop some hip feelers "like curb feelers for cars". Just hook em on your belt!! Dont laugh, if someone can sell a "pet rock" I could sell these!!
    The 1911 is an antiquated weapons system but then again, so am I.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links