longview wa, my first run in with the law

This is a discussion on longview wa, my first run in with the law within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Seems like a lot of work for a subway sandwich...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree188Likes

Thread: longview wa, my first run in with the law

Seems like a lot of work for a subway sandwich

2. Remove Ads

and you think you know the people around my area?even if i had concealed it, it would not have been over.people around here are very biased and closed minded due to their comfort needs.which i am not required to attend to.now what you do in any situation is up to you. i respect that. but i dont allow anyone to push me around, especially when they dont dont know anything pertaining to what they are inquiring about.thanx for your response an opinion. hey have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    We all understand your point. Thats all good. You need to understand theirs, In their business you have no rights, they are the property owners, not you. They had every right to do what they did. Now, you wanted some advise. Next time it happens, cover it up, tell them to have a nice day, avoid the conflict with the PD and go about your life, without our hassle.
    Between this comment and atctimmy's, I think this issue may be answered for me if not for the OP if it hasn't been mulled over long enough.

Agreed, bottom line is that even though the Subway is open to the public, it is still private property and the employee was acting as the owner's representative.

If I owned my own restraunt and there was activity going on inside that I didn't agree with, I would want to excercise MY right to refuse service.

Guess I need to think on this some more... thanx for that.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Quote Originally Posted by brazildsm View Post
    and you think you know the people around my area?even if i had concealed it, it would not have been over.people around here are very biased and closed minded due to their comfort needs.which i am not required to attend to.now what you do in any situation is up to you. i respect that. but i dont allow anyone to push me around, especially when they dont dont know anything pertaining to what they are inquiring about.thanx for your response an opinion. hey have a nice day.
    What in gods name are you talking about. You went into a private business OCing. They asked you to cover it up. The police got involved. You are lucky they didnt hit you with a trespass charge. There are other rights in this country than just 2A rights...
    atctimmy, Secret Spuk and wmhawth like this.

well neither the LEO or employee had a leg to stand on.thats why i got to sit down eat my dinner and go on my way when i was ready.you are getting way too emotionally attached. i got your point. if it was posted and if they had asked me to leave i would have.they obviously were not aware of their rights as employees. move on dude. not gonna feed your need for me to say yes sir you are right.thanx for your opinion.
    mr.stuart likes this.

well neither the LEO or employee had a leg to stand on.thats why i got to sit down eat my dinner and go on my way when i was ready.you are getting way too emotionally attached. i got your point. if it was posted and if they had asked me to leave i would have.they obviously were not aware of their rights as employees. move on dude. not gonna feed your need for me to say yes sir you are right.thanx for your opinion.
    If you do not want opinions do ask for them. No body is getting emotional. It would appear that you are a little touchy about this. I will say this, get over it.

im over it. you?

I sure am glad everybody is over "it". Saves us a lot of work.

Glad everybody is happy.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    I understand avoiding conflict in our modern 'correct' society. I am sad that the U.S.A I grew up in no longer exist. You could stand your ground if you were right. Now most people just crawl away when confronted.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    ...i have talked to the manager at that subway and she is in agreence with me. had a talk with the subway employee and has informed the staff more about these rights.if they arent causing any problems then leave them alone.
    Sounds like a good outcome overall. Sorry Acttimmy, your doomsday predictions of the outcome of OC did not pan out this time. A few more people are educated, and will hopefully have a new perspective. While it didn't necessarily sound like it from the first post, it seems that the OP was respectfull and had a net positive result.
    Walk softly ...

Saying that it's none of their business, well, quite literally it is their business. Sounds like everyone had a bit of an attitude for one reason or another. I wasn't there but it just sounds like it from the post. I'm pretty certain that they will go ahead and learn that law and stick a pretty sign on the door just to avoid any further conflict with those who know the law and requirements. They probably don't like conflict as much as you don't. I'm not saying that you shouldn't stand up for your rights but just remember, they also have rights.
    atctimmy likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

I have no problem with standing your ground, but it does seem like you escalated it. I would have answered the cpl question but would have asked for a manager or left and contacted the branch manager about why they were losing a customer. However I wouldn't have given the Leo any of my info.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Bubbiesdad likes this.

Glad everything WORKED for you,,,, I make it a rule to never be ARGUMENTATIVE
    with the Police,,,,, Me,,, I would have ordered my food and left,,,, you just have
    more testicular fortitude than myself.

This is why I much prefer the gray man approach. Unnoticed, unmemorable, unassuming, nonthreatening, low key, blend in, no bubbles, no troubles, all while maintaining the same level of SA, threat deterrence, and firepower as my OC colleagues. Saves a lot of hassles. I save my statements for toasts.

To be perfectly honest your Avatar with you basically aiming a gun at the camera says more about you than you might think,Every time I see it I feel like I'm getting "swept".
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Links