longview wa, my first run in with the law - Page 6

longview wa, my first run in with the law

This is a discussion on longview wa, my first run in with the law within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; very good point shooterready. thanx for your opinion....

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 119
Like Tree188Likes

Thread: longview wa, my first run in with the law

  1. #76
    Member Array brazildsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    castle rock WA
    Posts
    80
    very good point shooterready. thanx for your opinion.


  2. #77
    Member Array brazildsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    castle rock WA
    Posts
    80
    so shockwave what you are saying is that me sitting at a booth alone, not engaging anyone, minding my own business reading a catalog i alarmed people?because if you read the entire post you would know that i wasnt in there raising any alarm, didnt have attitute. not even after the employee told me he was goin to get a higher power to deal with me. i didnt give him any reason to approach me in the first place. yet he did because of comfort level. which i am not responsible for maintaining that for them. i do see everybody's point of keeping on the DL but if its my and i didnt break any laws, why should i hide it? just to keep people satifstied with their comfort? i think not. not my place to make people comfortable.so again not that i dont see your point, i just aint goin to go out of my way to make others comfortable. thank you for your rersponse and opinion.

  3. #78
    Member Array brazildsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    castle rock WA
    Posts
    80
    i normally dont like toasted subs, but next time ya, i will def leave that option open.thank you hoganbeg.lol.

  4. #79
    Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bellevue, Ky/Cincinatti
    Posts
    1,417
    Hey, just a heads up OP. If you use the quote with reply button when referring to other posts we can follow the thread better.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

    https://www.facebook.com/ninja312


    My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

  5. #80
    Member Array brazildsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    castle rock WA
    Posts
    80
    right. if you were here you would know better. but hey again thanks for your opinion.

  6. #81
    Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bellevue, Ky/Cincinatti
    Posts
    1,417
    Quote Originally Posted by brazildsm View Post
    right. if you were here you would know better. but hey again thanks for your opinion.
    We have no idea who you're responding to. Use the reply with quote function.
    atctimmy likes this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

    https://www.facebook.com/ninja312


    My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

  7. #82
    VIP Member
    Array atctimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NSA Headquarters
    Posts
    6,521
    Quote Originally Posted by brazildsm View Post
    so shockwave what you are saying is that me sitting at a booth alone, not engaging anyone, minding my own business reading a catalog i alarmed people?because if you read the entire post you would know that i wasnt in there raising any alarm, didnt have attitute. not even after the employee told me he was goin to get a higher power to deal with me. i didnt give him any reason to approach me in the first place. yet he did because of comfort level. which i am not responsible for maintaining that for them. i do see everybody's point of keeping on the DL but if its my and i didnt break any laws, why should i hide it? just to keep people satifstied with their comfort? i think not. not my place to make people comfortable.so again not that i dont see your point, i just aint goin to go out of my way to make others comfortable. thank you for your rersponse and opinion.
    So just to be clear, you do understand that those people who you don't care about will go and vote, right? They will vote for politicians that promise them comfort from people like you. Comfort from people who carry guns into their store.

    Then what?

    Then OC becomes illegal in your state. Do you think that is a win?

    Had you covered up when asked that person would have walked away from you thinking that you were a reasonable guy. You may have been the first OCer that ever came into their store. They may have walked away from their encounter with you thinking nice thoughts about a man with a gun in their store. Now everyone who comes into their store after you will be lumped into the "pushy jackwagon" stereotype. Do you think this is a win?

    If you still say yes then we can't help you here on DC.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

  8. #83
    VIP Member Array Harryball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lansing Mi
    Posts
    7,485
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    So just to be clear, you do understand that those people who you don't care about will go and vote, right? They will vote for politicians that promise them comfort from people like you. Comfort from people who carry guns into their store.

    Then what?

    Then OC becomes illegal in your state. Do you think that is a win?

    Had you covered up when asked that person would have walked away from you thinking that you were a reasonable guy. You may have been the first OCer that ever came into their store. They may have walked away from their encounter with you thinking nice thoughts about a man with a gun in their store. Now everyone who comes into their store after you will be lumped into the "pushy jackwagon" stereotype. Do you think this is a win?

    If you still say yes then we can't help you here on DC.
    Yep, However Timmy I think its falling on deaf ears...In his mind he was right, they were wrong, and he showed them. I also fail to see the logic in his actions.
    atctimmy likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

    Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

  9. #84
    Member Array brazildsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    castle rock WA
    Posts
    80
    you really dont understand. people around here are very hard headed, had i concealed it they would still had called the cops, then i would of had to provide them with ID when they showed up and had given up my privacy for their comfort. like i said i get what you guys are saying about being discreet and bowing down to those who dont understand yet. i got it. just not in my nature to just say ok yes sir when i havent done anything wrong.hadnt given them a reason to approach me.i told them my rights and they didnt like me knowing and excersizing.thats why it got where it got.again i do value all of your opinions and i am using those opinions in the future.why do you think i am here responding civilly and not cursing at all the negative opinions that i have received. thank you all for your opinions.even if i do consider them to be negative.thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    So just to be clear, you do understand that those people who you don't care about will go and vote, right? They will vote for politicians that promise them comfort from people like you.

    Then what?

    Then OC becomes illegal in your state. Do you think that is a win?

    Had you covered up when asked that person would have walked away from you thinking that you were a reasonable guy. You may have been the first OCer that ever came into their store. They may have walked away from their encounter with you thinking nice thoughts about a man with a gun in their store. Now everyone who comes into their store after you will be lumped into the "pushy jackwagon" stereotype. Do you think this is a win?

    If you still say yes then we can't help you here on DC.

  10. #85
    VIP Member Array gottabkiddin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    7,041
    A lot of good advice in this thread for sure. JMO, but way too much drama right at dinner time.
    Last edited by gottabkiddin; July 4th, 2012 at 05:20 PM.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

    "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

  11. #86
    Member Array brazildsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    castle rock WA
    Posts
    80
    no i hear all of you loud and clear.believe me i hear ya. i also know what the people around were thinking and how they react to any situation.i live in it. you dont.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Yep, However Timmy I think its falling on deaf ears...In his mind he was right, they were wrong, and he showed them. I also fail to see the logic in his actions.

  12. #87
    VIP Member Array Harryball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lansing Mi
    Posts
    7,485
    Brazildsm

    Allow me to ask a question. Why do you carry a gun?
    wmhawth likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

    Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

  13. #88
    Member Array brazildsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    castle rock WA
    Posts
    80
    why do i carry a firearm?few reasons. reason number one. i have a beautiful 5 year old daughter to come home to and to provide for everyday. that child is my whole life.i have given up many things to accomadate my childs needs. second reason is because of all the drug activity that goes on around my area.all the news about drug addicts killing for their fix, robbing people just to get their fix and when they get caught (if they get caught) all they get is a small amount of jail time then they are back on the streets doin it again.i will not be a victim of any of those petty rediculous crimes and i will not let some piece of **** tweaker subject my daughter to that kind of nonsense.third reason, i live in an area where people of color are not very welcomed. i have lived it.i normally avoid them and walk on egg shells to not piss them off with my presence and i am tired of that crap.i have had teachers, when i was in high school call me vulgar names and people on the street do the same.and i am tired of it.this town use to be a huge KKK supporting town and i know of a few that still do.
    so you ask why i carry a firearm?the most basic reason is for protection.not just for my self but my family.look i have no problem fighting with my 2 hands but if the fight gets one sided, wether its due to the opponent having a weapon all of the sudden or their are more than one perp, i have no problem making sure that i get home to my daughter (my whole world) even if i have to use all 32 rounds that i carry as part my daily routine. thank you for your time and opinion.i do value every opinion even if i see them to be negative.thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Brazildsm

    Allow me to ask a question. Why do you carry a gun?

  14. #89
    Member Array Crashoften's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Reno Nv
    Posts
    154
    Just me but, I would be very concerned about someone who is making my dinner's comfort level towards me. Have you ever seen Super Troopers? That kid spit in your sub.
    Ghettokracker71 likes this.

  15. #90
    Member Array brazildsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    castle rock WA
    Posts
    80
    maybe you havent been to a subway lately, but the food is made directly in front of you. but ya that was messed up in that movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashoften View Post
    Just me but, I would be very concerned about someone who is making my dinner's comfort level towards me. Have you ever seen Super Troopers? That kid spit in your sub.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

concealed carry class red lion longview wa
,
concealed carry classes near longview wa
,

concealed carry longview wa

,
is it illegal to carry a weapon in longview washington
,

longview wa kkk

,

longview wa, and the kkk

,

longview, wa. firearm laws

,

officer tim gosh

,

officer tim gosh longview,wa

,

open carry in longview wa

,

tim gosh washington

,
why did power go out in longview wa today
Click on a term to search for related topics.