longview wa, my first run in with the law

longview wa, my first run in with the law

This is a discussion on longview wa, my first run in with the law within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I get off work today and make my way to a local subway to meet my girlfriend for dinner.I walk in with my taurus ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree188Likes

Thread: longview wa, my first run in with the law

Thumbs up longview wa, my first run in with the law

So I get off work today and make my way to a local subway to meet my girlfriend for dinner.I walk in with my taurus 24/7 g2 .40 cal on my waste band (open carried in blackhawk holster with extra mag pouch) and after goin to the restroom I sit down at a table reading a sig sauer catalog to try to educate myself on the hype of sig sauer weapons.
    So I'm sitting there minding my own business (reading the sig sauer catalog) and out of nowhere a subway employee comes and asks me if I'm a cop? I say no then try to go about my business.he then proceeds to ask me if I have a cpl?(wa state is an open carry state,but I also do have a cpl.but I wasn't concealing) so I tell him hey that's my business and I am not required to answer those types of questions to him. So he asks me to conceal it and I again told him I am not required to do that either.he then tells me he is goin to get some one of higher power to come deal with me. I say please do.
    No more than 15 minutes an officer in uniform shows up asking me about I.D. and I proceed to tell him hey, have I broken any laws?am I being detained?have I done anything criminal?he of course says no to all asked questions, and proceeds to tell me I'm free to go so I get up, and get in line with my girlfriend to order my food.he then proceeds to harass me and telling me I need to get my food and leave. I just ignore him and go about my business. As I get to the cashier and pay for my food I ask one of the subway employees for the number to the manager, and then I ask the officer for his name and a business card. After calling me an ******* and telling me to get away from him and not to talk to him he tells me no and to leave him alone.so I do.
    As of tomorrow I will be contacting his superior and filing a harassment complaint against the officer.
    Thanx to websites like these I was very knowledgeable and stood my ground,the cop left very irritated because I was right and had a good filling dinner.thanx all for every bit of info u have posted on this subject.helped me out a lot.
    Last edited by brazildsm; July 3rd, 2012 at 01:29 AM. Reason: damn smart phone aint so smart
    beararms, TN_Mike and Pistology like this.

Senior Moderator
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

what sub did you get?
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

I doubt he was irritated with you as much as the Subway dude. Most of the time if you are in a private business and you are OC they (Proprietor) can ask you to leave. WA is not like some states that they have to post it.

yes i understand that. they did not ask me to leave.they apparently didnt know their rights when it came to their right of refusing service to anyone. after all i was just there to eat with my girlfriend.not start drama. but ya that LEO was very irritated.actin like a little kid that got told no. just letting the peolpe online who has posted all this info know that i am very thankful for their knowledge. thank you for educating me and inspiring me to look up the laws and knowing my rights and excersizing them. thank you for your opinion as you too have a right to one.

i ended up getting the sub i always get. the big philly, my way, and a sprite.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post

I think this one is more appropriate!

Ace
    pilot101 and TN_Mike like this.
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

VIP Member
    Darn, I was expecting it to turn into a food fight.
    goldshellback likes this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    Darn, I was expecting it to turn into a food fight.
    LOL! food fights used to be fun, now you get arrested for assault...
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

but ya that LEO was very irritated.actin like a little kid that got told no.
    You of course were the adult in the room.

"yes i understand that. they did not ask me to leave.they apparently didnt know their rights when it came to their right of refusing service to anyone."

Obviously the subway folks weren't comfortable with you being armed in the store and you admit that they could have asked you to leave had they known the law. To stay there simply because the subway employee didn't know the magic words was wrong.
    Sounds like a lot of drama could have been avoided if you would have un-tucked your shirt, got your sandwich and left.
    To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    Ronald Reagan

mkh
    Ok, it seemed to have worked out well but if your post is accurate then it sounds like you had an attitude problem and escalated th situation. Often times a polite relply will tame the situation. What would have been the harm in answering the CPL question? A simple yes or no could have defused the whole situation. Yes, it's your business but common curtesy is a nice alternative.

VIP Member
    An individuals comportment reflects on the whole community. I assiduously avoid confrontation, and discrete carry is a means to that end.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Quiet de-escalation may have been the route to go here...various tips above point that out...I'm just sayin'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

We usually get to choose the level of confrontation we get ourselves into. I try to opt for "none". You made a different choice. IMO, and it's JMO, a person armed in public has an even greater obligation to avoid confrontation.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links