businesses no weapon policy WA state

This is a discussion on businesses no weapon policy WA state within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; hi i am just tryin to find info on how some businesses have a no firearm/weapons policy. now i have noticed that if they dont ...

Thread: businesses no weapon policy WA state

hi i am just tryin to find info on how some businesses have a no firearm/weapons policy. now i have noticed that if they dont want guns, then they will have it posted. now is it true that businesses that dont have it posted, can tell you they dont allow guns in their establishments with out proper posting? yes i know they can refuse service to anyone.just curious if in WA state, are they required to post if they do not want firearms/weapons in their establishment? thanx to all in advance.

from handgunlaw.us

“No Firearm” signs in Washington have no force of law unless they are posted on property that is specifically mentioned in State Law as being off limits to those with a Permit/License to Carry. If you are in a place not specifically mentioned in the law that is posted and they ask you to leave, you must leave. If you refuse to leave then you are breaking the law and can be charged. Even if the property is not posted and you are asked to leave you must leave. Always be aware of the possibility that responding Police Officers who may have been called without your knowledge and may not know the laws on trespass etc. could arrest you even if you are within the law.

Hope that answers your question.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

VIP Member
    They have the right to ask you to leave if they don't want weapons, their business, their rules.

Yes I know I will take my business elsewhere, don't spend money there, they will feel the heat from lost revenue and my favorite "I will leave a card that states I won't be back until they change their policy" I leave it with the waitress when I pay my bill. They have your money and don't really care at that point but to each his own.

Before this gets into the frenzy of I will not shop here or there and I will not support an anti gun person or place. Here is a list of some businesses and foundations that are anti gun. You can now sit in your living room playing a board game with no TV, Radio, Union Job, can't take the kids to the doctor or send them to school as you would be supporting an anti gun person or place.

Anti-gun Companies, Organizations, Media And Celebrities - Gun Owners Of America
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post

Before this gets into the frenzy of I will not shop here or there and I will not support an anti gun person or place. Here is a list of some businesses and foundations that are anti gun. You can now sit in your living room playing a board game with no TV, Radio, Union Job, can't take the kids to the doctor or send them to school as you would be supporting an anti gun person or place.

Anti-gun Companies, Organizations, Media And Celebrities - Gun Owners Of America
    The list is not as big as one would think. Also as you state its their business, their rules. Flip side its our money, our rules.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

VIP Member
    Yep you are right my money, my rules.

While the list is not as long as you think some of the "members" have long arms and encompass a lot of things.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

yes and i told him, (the subway employee) that they have every right to tell me to leave and i would have.but yes our money thing works well too.

yes it did help. thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    They have the right to ask you to leave if they don't want weapons, their business, their rules.

Yes I know I will take my business elsewhere, don't spend money there, they will feel the heat from lost revenue and my favorite "I will leave a card that states I won't be back until they change their policy" I leave it with the waitress when I pay my bill. They have your money and don't really care at that point but to each his own.

It's really difficult to be absolute black and white with this. I can only hope to do the best I can without isolation. Just like my personal choice not to buy stuff from China. It's not possible to do, but, I try. I shop long and hard to find shoes made in the USA. And, I do find them. However, 3 weeks ago I bought some china ones cuz I didn't have $125. I only had $35. Hypocritical. but I try.

We can all try to do the best we can with what we have available.

Quote Originally Posted by brazildsm View Post
    yes i know they can refuse service to anyone.
    OK, I know you weren't around during the civil rights era. I was 11 myself when MLK was assassinated. But surely they still teach this stuff in schools, right? And with TV, the news, other people, etc. you think a guy would know that this is completely false. I guess they didn't have lunch counter sit-ins outside the South. Google it and learn something about your country's (recent) history.

People have rights. Dogs and guns don't. Knowing that will help you understand what can and can't be refused service at a public establishment.

Here are some helpful links to study:

Handgunlaw.us

NRA-ILA | Gun Laws

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

thank you Rock And Glock. i already have that info.but thank you.

It's complicated

NOTICE: I'm not a lawyer so consult one before taking my word for it.

That being said, my understanding is that 1.) No, businesses are not required to have posted signage regarding their policy on the carrage of firearms. 2.) If an agent of the establishment/property (i.e. employee, manager, owner, secuirty guard, etc.) requests that you leave the premesis, because you are carrying a firearm, then you are legally required to do so. Failure to comply constitutes criminal trespassing (1st Degree if you are inside a structure, 2nd if you are outside). You can be cited/arrested for criminal trespassing, however if your possession/carrage of the firearm is legal (aside from the private property policy) then there is no additional criminal charge relating to said carrage of a firearm, and the fact that you are carrying a firearm is not considered an aggrivating circumstance.

Hope that helps!

Brazildsm, go easy on us living in Washington and your self...be easy on cops that have to deal with AMWAG calls to Subway...or where ever...Im thinking Castle Rock, open carry shouldnt get to many people spun up...but...(big but) I dont OC in my home town because I dont want to have unnessesary conversations with my towns LE, look, some people just quiver with fear, and will tell the 911 person some pretty outragous things...I admire you gnaw'in on this bone as long as you have, and your thick skin....

hasnt been a deal too much. i get looks and thats it. then they see i aint some thug trying mess with people and they go on with their business.as i do.also this is a different post. i was asking about business rights on no weapon policy. you want to keep on discussing my other post feel free to contact me with a message. thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptSmith View Post
    Brazildsm, go easy on us living in Washington and your self...be easy on cops that have to deal with AMWAG calls to Subway...or where ever...Im thinking Castle Rock, open carry shouldnt get to many people spun up...but...(big but) I dont OC in my home town because I dont want to have unnessesary conversations with my towns LE, look, some people just quiver with fear, and will tell the 911 person some pretty outragous things...I admire you gnaw'in on this bone as long as you have, and your thick skin....

Sponsored Links