To the non-OC'ers who frequent this part of the site.... - Page 2

To the non-OC'ers who frequent this part of the site....

This is a discussion on To the non-OC'ers who frequent this part of the site.... within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Moderators cannot really prevent a member from expressing a personal opinion anywhere on the forum unless it is somehow/some way a specific forum rule violation. ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: To the non-OC'ers who frequent this part of the site....

Administrator
    Moderators cannot really prevent a member from expressing a personal opinion anywhere on the forum unless it is somehow/some way a specific forum rule violation.
    Well, we CAN but we usually don't make any friends by doing that and it creates some real hard feelings.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Just remember that conceal carry use to be frowned down on because you had something to hide...

I do both, Some days when I know I have to CC because of places I will be at (races ect.) I will. When I don't have to I will throw on the holster and OC, somedays I just wear a T-Shirt and OWB holster and cover it because tucking in a T-shirt seems kinda redneck to me.

O.C. C.C. either way....Carry On!
    Yankeejib and carracer like this.

When anyone carrying a gun,either OC or CC, acts in a seemingly irresponsible way it affects all of us who want to see our 2A rights remain intact. We want to see responsible behavior amoung gun owners. If there is a post made that sounds 'not quite right' there should be an open forum to discuss it from EITHER side of the fence.

BTW... many, many threads left alone degenerate into a pile of negativity, not just the OC thread. It's the nature of the beast.
    mkh likes this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

VIP Member
    I like to OC when it's convenient for me. I don't do it to make a statement or anything else so I usually do what's easiest for me at the time. Probably 95% CC 5% OC.

I think what I hate most is the attitudes that I come across in the OC forum toward others that don't agree with them. I always see a "screw them" mentality here and it goes both ways. I see the "you are stupid if you OC" comments and I see the "it's my right so I will behave any way I want" comments. Between the two I'd say that I hate the latter types more than I hate the former, but then again I'm not in here very often.
    Bubbiesdad likes this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Administrator
    "Just remember that conceal carry use to be frowned down on because you had something to hide.."

OK - Let's not start it all in reverse here in this thread.
    A perfect text book example of how it all gets started right up there in post #17.

VIP Member
    [QUOTE=GeorgiaDawg;2308154]I'm OC'ing right now but prefer CC. I don't have a problem with the CC-only crowd commenting in the OC section. I also don't have a problem with the OC'ers commenting in the CC section. I think the different opinions help everyone grow, either by changing opinions or giving better arguments for what we already believe.

I understand the frustration in your perception that only OC-friendly posters should comment in this section, but so long as everyone stays respectful, I think we can all benefit from the discourse.[/QUOTE]

I don't think Mike is saying only OC friendly members should post in this section. He's voicing the same frustration I get when members come in with a holier than thou attitude and leave post like this:

I can't get past the point of 'Why would anybody in their right mind want to open carry if they can concealed carry?'
    That's not contributing to the discussion, that IMO is trying to start a fight. If someone doesn't agree with something, but doesn't have something constructive to add, then they should keep comments like that to themself.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Our hypocrisy know now bounds!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    ... the same frustration I get when members come in with a holier than thou attitude and leave post like this:

'I can't get past the point of 'Why would anybody in their right mind want to open carry if they can concealed carry?'
    That's not contributing to the discussion, that IMO is trying to start a fight.
    How about having a single, permanent "sticky" thread open for all, specifically entitled PROS/CONS Debate of OC, then having everyone reply to such comments with a simple, civil reminder to such posters that discussions about the pros/cons debate should be carried on in the sticky.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member
    I OC around the house and the yard, I CC when I'm out-and-about. Those are just my preferences.
    Just because I (almost) never OC off my property, it doesn't mean I'm not in favor of it and it certainly doesn't mean I can't share thoughts and ideas with those who do.
    However one chooses to carry, I can only hope they do so in a responsible manner and paint responsibly armed citizens in a good light.

Happy 4th
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Administrator
    I think Bumper pretty much covered it in Rule #2 on the forum rules page.
    Now,,,if we could just get members to remember those rules.

2. While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts or PMs. Trolling, flaming, and personal attacks are strictly prohibited. You are welcome to disagree with opinions other than your own, but flaming other members will not be allowed. If you can't figure out how to compose a post without it being confrontational or a personal attack on someone, simply bite your lip and don't post it.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Well it sounded to me like he was saying that he didn't understand why the OC-unfriendlies are posting in this section if not to stir the pot, and that such pot-stirring should be moderated. Perhaps I misunderstood, but that it how it came across to me.

The type of comments like the one you quoted are certainly the types I was thinking of in regards to the OP's statements. I think such comments (anti-OC or anti-CC) are not condussive to an informative discussion.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

This is the Internet first off. If a guy named Doug1234 in BFE, OH gets people fired up its time to go sit outside do something constructive versus sitting on the computer writing a dissertation on "No Trespassing Here - CC people". We are are part of the same community. I OC less then I CC. I think the whole thing is childish given this is the Internet and it involves gun. We have enough wieners complaining about guns period.
    Yankeejib likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    "Just remember that conceal carry use to be frowned down on because you had something to hide.."

A perfect text book example of how it all gets started right up there in post #17.
    I'm being serious here. Help me understand why post#17 is inflammatory? I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post

it wasn't meant as that, I just stating that in the old old old days that was the way it was. Just saying that times have changed as have attitudes.

I'm pro LAC carry no matter how you carry.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links