To the non-OC'ers who frequent this part of the site....

This is a discussion on To the non-OC'ers who frequent this part of the site.... within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If you do not OC and you do not believe in OC, why do you come to this section of the site? My personal belief ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: To the non-OC'ers who frequent this part of the site....

If you do not OC and you do not believe in OC, why do you come to this section of the site? My personal belief is that it is solely to start crap with those of us who do OC and because you feel that you are so much smarter than us poor ol' dumb OC'ers you just HAVE to come here and educate us.

I for one am sick of it. You do not see those of us OC'er going to the rest of the site and saying that everyone should just open carry.

If someone wants to OC and it's legal for them to do so, why the heck can't you just leave it alone instead of turning nearly every damn thread on this one small section of the site into a open vs. concealed debate?

I am officially asking that the no open vs. concealed debate rule be instituted. I'm tired of every thread here degenerating into this stupidity. This site is starting to look a little too much like Packing.org sometimes.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Mike, I like the debate personally as long as it stays cool. When it gets out of control it can get a bit stupid. I think the admin saw the benefit of the debates....
    Brad426 likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Yes, God forbid we have to read opinions different from the ones we have already formed. I don't even want to think about the road that could lead us down.
    Chad Rogers likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Yes, God forbid we have to read opinions different from the ones we have already formed. I don't even want to think about the road that could lead us down.
    This is not what I was objecting to and you darn well know it. I see that my reasoning is falling on deaf and, attitude filled ears already.
    RemMod597 likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Lots of people would like to become more educated about OC, to better understand its pros/cons. It's little different than in the general population, where much of the interaction we all have with non-firearm types is in justifying the whole point of them.

About the only way to allow for the educational aspect is to accept that some will come with biases and predisposition. It can be thought of as a learning opportunity.

A less accommodating path might be to create a specific OC Denigrations/Castigations sub-forum could be created, and a heavy-handed approach applied in the general OC Discussions forum so that OC 'discussions' can remain less polluted.
    Brad426 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Lots of people would like to become more educated about OC, to better understand its pros/cons. It's little different than in the general population, where much of the interaction we all have with non-firearm types is in justifying the whole point of them.

About the only way to allow for the educational aspect is to accept that some will come with biases and predisposition. It can be thought of as a learning opportunity.

A less accommodating path might be to create a specific OC Denigrations/Castigations sub-forum could be created, and a heavy-handed approach applied in the general OC Discussions forum so that OC 'discussions' can remain less polluted.
    +1.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

For the record I support Open carry, CC and any other kind of carry you can come up with as long as every law-biding citizen is armed at all times.

Your point is well taken.I quess it might be because some,including me,look at the title to the thread on the left and not to the right to see what section it was posted in. I am quilty of this and I apologize for not looking at the big picture. My apologies to all that I may have offended by being negligent. To each his own.

Mike, good to see you on the forum again (I assume you're back from NV). I have mixed feelings on the issue. I enjoy some debate, but there are certain members here who seem to try to start controversy about OC whenever they can. I don't mind friendly debate, but I also don't like the OC threads getting hijacked.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

I picked this one up on the home page, not by visiting OC. Having said that, I am of the belief that censoring is something libs do when they run out of material.
    I do think I understand what you are trying to say, but like the way you like to carry, get it out in the open.

Administrator
    Well, as earlier polls have shown on DC there are lots more folks here that carry concealed than open - so it's a forgone conclusion that some concealed carry folks are going to chime in.

MANY ensuing problems could be solved BEFORE they start if OC members would use the REPORT feature and refrain from publicly responding.

That way Moderators could nip an offending post in the bud before the entire thread morphs into a messy multi-member OC VS CC argument.

Once the bad ball starts rolling then we only have two choices which are - Close the thread or make so many edits or post deletions that the thread no longer has any continuity and makes no sense to new folks clicking on since entire segments of the thread have gone missing.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I'm OC'ing right now but prefer CC. I don't have a problem with the CC-only crowd commenting in the OC section. I also don't have a problem with the OC'ers commenting in the CC section. I think the different opinions help everyone grow, either by changing opinions or giving better arguments for what we already believe.

I understand the frustration in your perception that only OC-friendly posters should comment in this section, but so long as everyone stays respectful, I think we can all benefit from the discourse.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

I have very strong viewpoints on a variety of topics. I just don't shove them down peoples' throats like I've cornered the market on free ideas.
    Herknav, TN_Mike and tcox4freedom like this.

VIP Member
    Our founding fathers realized the only way to avoid the tyranny of the mob, or majority, was to form a republic and divide up power. Still, that doesn't work unless the members are educated and individuals use some polite, self governing restraint. Perhaps the forum rules could clarify this problem, and be required reading on the anniversary of each member's join date, before s/he can resume posting. I'm guilty.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

P95
    I OC and CC. LiKe both ways. Just depends on where I am going and what i am doing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links