police stop man for open carrying (vid)

This is a discussion on police stop man for open carrying (vid) within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by DPro.40 Call it what you will. I call it preservation in a set of rules I can't control. Go get some Pepto ...

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: police stop man for open carrying (vid)

Quote Originally Posted by DPro.40 View Post
    Call it what you will. I call it preservation in a set of rules I can't control. Go get some Pepto and feel better. It's my preference. I don't need to do anything. I could choose not to carry at all if I don't want too. I didn't see in any of my post where I said I needed to do anything. It's my choice as its my preference as its, I suppose, its yours to OC. If I was in a more friendly gun environment I might too. It's easy for you to judge from one of the most gun friendly states around.
    Just going by your statement dude:
    I dont understand those that provoke unrest when there are other options. If you can OC then you can CCW.

2. Remove Ads

Oh yeah, what an idiot that Rosa Parks was. All she had to do was what the authorities wanted her to do. The point is if it is a right and the gvt is impeding you from using your right you are not provoking them
    Brad426, atctimmy, slave and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Oh yeah, what an idiot that Rosa Parks was. All she had to do was what the authorities wanted her to do. The point is if it is a right and the gvt is impeding you from using your right you are not provoking them
    Again, I don't disagree. It's great to see all the freedom fighters here on my dime. Write me a blank check and I'll test the waters. If Rosa Parks would have been OC'ing she be dead. Even Rosa knew when and how to protest. Her protest was not about OC' ing. So I see no collation in your example.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

When you have a DA and a group of Judges the refuse to enforce any law they do not agree with you have a Chief of Police who after having the Law explained to him say he does not care. Then states in public:
    "My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it," Flynn said.
    How can anyone have any respect for the law , when the LEO officers appoint them self above the law there is no law. This is the same LEO officer that refused to take police reports after people were beaten and robbed by Flash Mobs last year.

Again, I don't disagree. It's great to see all the freedom fighters here on my dime. Write me a blank check and I'll test the waters. If Rosa Parks would have been OC'ing she be dead. Even Rosa knew when and how to protest. Her protest was not about OC' ing. So I see no collation in your example.
    The correlation he was making was that she didn't take the path of least resistance just because the authorities wanted her to.
    atctimmy and nedrgr21 like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by P95 View Post
    Since you can read my mind....what am I thinking now?.....what about now?.....and now? LOL....

Here goes... atctimmy is a jerk.....He thinks he's so smart......I don't mind giving up liberty because my government will protect me.

Did I win?
    Badey and Super Trucker like this.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    When you have a DA and a group of Judges the refuse to enforce any law they do not agree with you have a Chief of Police who after having the Law explained to him say he does not care. Then states in public:
    "My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it," Flynn said.
    How can anyone have any respect for the law , when the LEO officers appoint them self above the law there is no law. This is the same LEO officer that refused to take police reports after people were beaten and robbed by Flash Mobs last year.
    Yep, especially in WI. You guys went through a bunch of political unrest and probably more to come. Your governor is on your side except others are trying to derail his efforts. He's the reason you have CCW now. The system needs to change. As implied here, one man on the street OC' ing and changeling the system is simply a fly in the ointment, can be scooped out and thrown away. They are going to do what they are going to do and despit making others sick, the fight belong in the system and not the streets. As I said before and I'll say it time and time again, true change starts at the legal system. If those folks want to challenge the right on the streets that's ok with me. I equate it to thoughtlessly charging the front line in a hail of bullets with out a game plan.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Why should someone CC if they can OC..........because it is convemient for the LEO's and others. Just makes me sick when folks think we need to suck up for the sake of convenience.
    Good to see you back on the forum. I was hoping you would jump in on this topic!
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    here goes... Atctimmy is a jerk.....he thinks he's so smart......i don't mind giving up liberty because my government will protect me.

did i win?

epic win!
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    The correlation he was making was that she didn't take the path of least resistance just because the authorities wanted her to.
    Is there a double like button?
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Ok I see. She'd still be dead if she was OC'ing. How smart would she be then? Come to think of it, she be dead if she was CCW'ing. Different time different place. I hope none of you are suggesting your Rosa Parks. If so, I invite you to test the water here in St. Louis.
    Ronald Reagan

Endless circle. we are forced to carry to protect our self because LE refuses to enforce the law. Years of not enforcing laws and picking and choosing what and when to enforce have given us no other options.
    Then we carry 100% in accordance with the Law, they decide to ignore the law and harass us. When if they would enforce the laws very few of us would bother carrying at all.
    We try out best to respect LE. When raising our children we try to teach them to follow the law and LEO's are good. Then what to they do.
    Stand up on the 6:00 news and say they will not follow the law and will do what ever they want.
    Mean while right down the road Known criminals are breaking the law and nothing is done about it. LEO's feel he must carry a weapon but does not want you too.
    Question who is more likely to be the target of a criminal ,LEO or just your everyday Citizen? Two days for the LEO officer to show up for a home invasion in Milwaukee. When your being beat or killed where is the LEO, not there because if he was it would not be happening. Dead bodies on the street in Milwaukee, LEO are there after the fact to direct traffic to remove the bodies. Why do police officers and many members of Government need to carry if the real target of crime is not suppose to by their way of thinking. The Chief or Police the mayor they all have plenty of protection for them self and their family, but they wish to deny you the same right.
    Chief Flynn, Mayor Barret enforce the law and I will be happy to leave my weapon at home, but you won't because it is not PC to do so, but you will spend your time taking me to the ground
    , stealing my weapon, then big boy bragging about it at the bar.
    Someone please explain it to me again I am suppose to respect LE and look up to them. Why?

... If you can OC then you can CCW.
    That is not at all true.

She'd still be dead if she was OC'ing. How smart would she be then? Come to think of it, she be dead if she was CCW'ing.
    Nice, you don't understand an analogy, so you sink to the use of strawman arguements ...
    This thread is about interactions btwn LEO and OC'ers, not the merits of OC itself.

Open carry without a permit is legal in Utah, but concealing a gun without a permit is not.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

Ok I see. She'd still be dead if she was OC'ing. How smart would she be then? Come to think of it, she be dead if she was CCW'ing. Different time different place. I hope none of you are suggesting your Rosa Parks. If so, I invite you to test the water here in St. Louis.
    Its almost as though you believe that freedom is not worth giving your life for. I'm glad our forefathers didn't hold that view.

Michael
    atctimmy likes this.

Links