police stop man for open carrying (vid)

This is a discussion on police stop man for open carrying (vid) within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by DPro.40 Call it what you will. I call it preservation in a set of rules I can't control. Go get some Pepto ...

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 201
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: police stop man for open carrying (vid)

  1. #136
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,814
    Quote Originally Posted by DPro.40 View Post
    Call it what you will. I call it preservation in a set of rules I can't control. Go get some Pepto and feel better. It's my preference. I don't need to do anything. I could choose not to carry at all if I don't want too. I didn't see in any of my post where I said I needed to do anything. It's my choice as its my preference as its, I suppose, its yours to OC. If I was in a more friendly gun environment I might too. It's easy for you to judge from one of the most gun friendly states around.
    Just going by your statement dude:
    I dont understand those that provoke unrest when there are other options. If you can OC then you can CCW.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #137
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,814
    Oh yeah, what an idiot that Rosa Parks was. All she had to do was what the authorities wanted her to do. The point is if it is a right and the gvt is impeding you from using your right you are not provoking them
    Brad426, atctimmy, slave and 2 others like this.

  4. #138
    Senior Member Array DPro.40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Oh yeah, what an idiot that Rosa Parks was. All she had to do was what the authorities wanted her to do. The point is if it is a right and the gvt is impeding you from using your right you are not provoking them
    Again, I don't disagree. It's great to see all the freedom fighters here on my dime. Write me a blank check and I'll test the waters. If Rosa Parks would have been OC'ing she be dead. Even Rosa knew when and how to protest. Her protest was not about OC' ing. So I see no collation in your example.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

  5. #139
    VIP Member Array Smitty901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,246
    When you have a DA and a group of Judges the refuse to enforce any law they do not agree with you have a Chief of Police who after having the Law explained to him say he does not care. Then states in public:
    "My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it," Flynn said.
    How can anyone have any respect for the law , when the LEO officers appoint them self above the law there is no law. This is the same LEO officer that refused to take police reports after people were beaten and robbed by Flash Mobs last year.

  6. #140
    VIP Member Array Brad426's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,690
    Quote Originally Posted by DPro.40 View Post
    Again, I don't disagree. It's great to see all the freedom fighters here on my dime. Write me a blank check and I'll test the waters. If Rosa Parks would have been OC'ing she be dead. Even Rosa knew when and how to protest. Her protest was not about OC' ing. So I see no collation in your example.
    The correlation he was making was that she didn't take the path of least resistance just because the authorities wanted her to.
    atctimmy and nedrgr21 like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

  7. #141
    VIP Member
    Array atctimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NSA Headquarters
    Posts
    6,368
    Quote Originally Posted by P95 View Post
    Since you can read my mind....what am I thinking now?.....what about now?.....and now? LOL....

    Here goes... atctimmy is a jerk.....He thinks he's so smart......I don't mind giving up liberty because my government will protect me.


    Did I win?
    Badey and Super Trucker like this.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

  8. #142
    Senior Member Array DPro.40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    When you have a DA and a group of Judges the refuse to enforce any law they do not agree with you have a Chief of Police who after having the Law explained to him say he does not care. Then states in public:
    "My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it," Flynn said.
    How can anyone have any respect for the law , when the LEO officers appoint them self above the law there is no law. This is the same LEO officer that refused to take police reports after people were beaten and robbed by Flash Mobs last year.
    Yep, especially in WI. You guys went through a bunch of political unrest and probably more to come. Your governor is on your side except others are trying to derail his efforts. He's the reason you have CCW now. The system needs to change. As implied here, one man on the street OC' ing and changeling the system is simply a fly in the ointment, can be scooped out and thrown away. They are going to do what they are going to do and despit making others sick, the fight belong in the system and not the streets. As I said before and I'll say it time and time again, true change starts at the legal system. If those folks want to challenge the right on the streets that's ok with me. I equate it to thoughtlessly charging the front line in a hail of bullets with out a game plan.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

  9. #143
    VIP Member Array Badey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,904
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Why should someone CC if they can OC..........because it is convemient for the LEO's and others. Just makes me sick when folks think we need to suck up for the sake of convenience.
    Good to see you back on the forum. I was hoping you would jump in on this topic!
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

  10. #144
    VIP Member Array Badey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,904
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    here goes... Atctimmy is a jerk.....he thinks he's so smart......i don't mind giving up liberty because my government will protect me.


    did i win?

    epic win!
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

  11. #145
    VIP Member
    Array atctimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NSA Headquarters
    Posts
    6,368
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    The correlation he was making was that she didn't take the path of least resistance just because the authorities wanted her to.
    Is there a double like button?
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

  12. #146
    Senior Member Array DPro.40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    The correlation he was making was that she didn't take the path of least resistance just because the authorities wanted her to.
    Ok I see. She'd still be dead if she was OC'ing. How smart would she be then? Come to think of it, she be dead if she was CCW'ing. Different time different place. I hope none of you are suggesting your Rosa Parks. If so, I invite you to test the water here in St. Louis.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

  13. #147
    VIP Member Array Smitty901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,246
    Endless circle. we are forced to carry to protect our self because LE refuses to enforce the law. Years of not enforcing laws and picking and choosing what and when to enforce have given us no other options.
    Then we carry 100% in accordance with the Law, they decide to ignore the law and harass us. When if they would enforce the laws very few of us would bother carrying at all.
    We try out best to respect LE. When raising our children we try to teach them to follow the law and LEO's are good. Then what to they do.
    Stand up on the 6:00 news and say they will not follow the law and will do what ever they want.
    Mean while right down the road Known criminals are breaking the law and nothing is done about it. LEO's feel he must carry a weapon but does not want you too.
    Question who is more likely to be the target of a criminal ,LEO or just your everyday Citizen? Two days for the LEO officer to show up for a home invasion in Milwaukee. When your being beat or killed where is the LEO, not there because if he was it would not be happening. Dead bodies on the street in Milwaukee, LEO are there after the fact to direct traffic to remove the bodies. Why do police officers and many members of Government need to carry if the real target of crime is not suppose to by their way of thinking. The Chief or Police the mayor they all have plenty of protection for them self and their family, but they wish to deny you the same right.
    Chief Flynn, Mayor Barret enforce the law and I will be happy to leave my weapon at home, but you won't because it is not PC to do so, but you will spend your time taking me to the ground
    , stealing my weapon, then big boy bragging about it at the bar.
    Someone please explain it to me again I am suppose to respect LE and look up to them. Why?

  14. #148
    VIP Member Array nedrgr21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    3,466
    Quote Originally Posted by DPro.40 View Post
    ... If you can OC then you can CCW.
    That is not at all true.

    She'd still be dead if she was OC'ing. How smart would she be then? Come to think of it, she be dead if she was CCW'ing.
    Nice, you don't understand an analogy, so you sink to the use of strawman arguements ...
    This thread is about interactions btwn LEO and OC'ers, not the merits of OC itself.

  15. #149
    Senior Member Array Cokeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    961
    Open carry without a permit is legal in Utah, but concealing a gun without a permit is not.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

  16. #150
    VIP Member Array mlr1m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    okla
    Posts
    4,298
    Quote Originally Posted by DPro.40 View Post
    Ok I see. She'd still be dead if she was OC'ing. How smart would she be then? Come to think of it, she be dead if she was CCW'ing. Different time different place. I hope none of you are suggesting your Rosa Parks. If so, I invite you to test the water here in St. Louis.
    Its almost as though you believe that freedom is not worth giving your life for. I'm glad our forefathers didn't hold that view.

    Michael
    atctimmy likes this.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

cops stopping people who are opening carrying a weapon
,

guy carrying a gun makes the cops look like fools

,
guy with gun owns cops
,
open carry in mi youtube
,
open carry in the usa youtube
,

open carry law suits

,
open carry police harassment videos
,

open carry police stops

,
open carry police stops videos
,
open carry stops
,
video of man carrying gun ,make police look like fool
,
what should i do if i come in contact with police if i am carrying openly
Click on a term to search for related topics.