police stop man for open carrying (vid)

This is a discussion on police stop man for open carrying (vid) within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; what he said^^ Originally Posted by Smitty901 Can you explain when the right no longer exists. If your not breaking the law they have no ...

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: police stop man for open carrying (vid)

what he said^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Can you explain when the right no longer exists. If your not breaking the law they have no right to detain or arrest you.
    They were not doing their job they were messing with a citizen that was not breaking the law.
    If they were in any city in the US there were people dealing drugs pimp children and breaking all kinds of law in the area why were they not dealing with that.
    LEO need to leave citizens that are not breaking the law alone and go after those that are.
    But that would not be PC.
    A group of gang bangers on the corner in Milwaukee is a much big threat to my safety than some citizen open carrying it is against the law for LEO office to question them about their activates . It they do it is front page news.
    Pass a law requiring OC to supply an ID on request, at the same time pass a law jailing those that abuse the right to check .

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    That is not at all true.

Nice, you don't understand an analogy, so you sink to the use of strawman arguements ...
    This thread is about interactions btwn LEO and OC'ers, not the merits of OC itself.
    No, I understand just fine and..I didn't bring in the straw argument of Rosa Parks. That's someone's elses straw argument. You can discuss that with suntzu. I believe people are discussing the merits of OC and looking at this guys actions as some kind of a freedom fighter and bringing in true heros like Rosa Parks as a comparison. Pretty shallow. I see him well with in his rights and was still looking for a confrontation so he could get his place in the sun on YouTube. Nothing more or less.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Its almost as though you believe that freedom is not worth giving your life for. I'm glad our forefathers didn't hold that view.

Michael
    And the fore fathers also found wisdom in live to fight another day. Wow, such drama. I didnt see anyone die in the video. Let them come and try to take my gun and you'll see a different post.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    Open carry without a permit is legal in Utah, but concealing a gun without a permit is not.
    True, same in Missouri. I was just referring to the making a choice and not the legality of one or the other. You can choose to OC or choose to CCW. Not suggesting to break the law.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by DPro.40 View Post
    And the fore fathers also found wisdom in live to fight another day. Wow, such drama. I didnt see anyone die in the video. Let them come and try to take my gun and you'll see a different post.
    How many times do we excuse LEO's for impeding a persons right becasue the person may be a jerk. Ya know, I don't like iit when folks are cussing or displaying images on T-shirts I find offensive or too mature for my kids. But I don't see LEO's going after them with a vengeance, which they should not. Because it affects my sensibilities should not preclude them from exercising a right. When an individuals right is violated then all of our rights are violated. I do understand why some folks won't take a chance and and be a test case but I fail to understand why we do not support 100 percent the folks that do and unconditionaly condemn the government/LEO's that perpetuate this onslaught on our rights.
    sgb, W9HDG, atctimmy and 1 others like this.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    When an individuals right is violated then all of our rights are violated. I do understand why some folks won't take a chance and and be a test case but I fail to understand why we do not support 100 percent the folks that do and unconditionaly condemn the government/LEO's that perpetuate this onslaught on our rights.
    Exactly.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

How many times do we excuse LEO's for impeding a persons right becasue the person may be a jerk. Ya know, I don't like iit when folks are cussing or displaying images on T-shirts I find offensive or too mature for my kids. But I don't see LEO's going after them with a vengeance, which they should not. Because it affects my sensibilities should not preclude them from exercising a right. When an individuals right is violated then all of our rights are violated. I do understand why some folks won't take a chance and and be a test case but I fail to understand why we do not support 100 percent the folks that do and unconditionaly condemn the government/LEO's that perpetuate this onslaught on our rights.
    Suntzu I do support the resistance of an onslaught of our rights and my voice will be heard on election day. I just watched a video of a group in the KC/MO border get questioned by the LEO's. I'm glad it worked out for them. The loss of being able to OC has occurred over a peroid of years and it was forced upon us by our choice of who we elected. Electing folks that support our rights will affect a long term solutions. While I say that I also admit there are now several LEO's in the KC area more familiar with the OC laws, it didn't solve the problem. What I saw was funny was the waitress was still serving while the LEO's were trying to get them thrown out. I don't discount your beliefs, please respect mine. Im not giving anyone a pass but I do have the right to decide whats good for me and how I conduct my business. I won't be bullied into a mind set because a select few demand I do so. Isn't that the very thing you accuse the LEO's of.
    Ronald Reagan

P95
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Here goes... atctimmy is a jerk.....He thinks he's so smart......I don't mind giving up liberty because my government will protect me.

Did I win?
    No...you failed to "read my mind"....but that's ok. You see your attitude you have toward people who disagree with you....that's an personality trait....the same trait you use toward LEO's that you deem bad and want to deprive your rights....all the while they are just trying to live another day and keep people safe on the streets. Do some introspection...you can figure this out.
    DPro.40 and BWillis57 like this.

Suntzu I do support the resistance of an onslaught of our rights and my voice will be heard on election day. I just watched a video of a group in the KC/MO border get questioned by the LEO's. I'm glad it worked out for them. The loss of being able to OC has occurred over a peroid of years and it was forced upon us by our choice of who we elected. Electing folks that support our rights will affect a long term solutions. While I say that I also admit there are now several LEO's in the KC area more familiar with the OC laws, it didn't solve the problem. What I saw was funny was the waitress was still serving while the LEO's were trying to get them thrown out. I don't discount your beliefs, please respect mine. Im not giving anyone a pass but I do have the right to decide whats good for me and how I conduct my business. I won't be bullied into a mind set because a select few demand I do so. Isn't that the very thing you accuse the LEO's of.
    I am not asking you to do anything. I am just saying as a group of folks (a group) we need to stand our ground. I am sick of folks saying that one can CC if they can OC (I paraphrased you). That should not even be a topic. One chooses to OC which is legal he should not have to decide on the sensibilities of the local LEO's to have to go to a plan B. And here we are on a gun forum with folks doing everything but supporting the dude.

I am not asking you to do anything. I am just saying as a group of folks (a group) we need to stand our ground. I am sick of folks saying that one can CC if they can OC (I paraphrased you). That should not even be a topic. One chooses to OC which is legal he should not have to decide on the sensibilities of the local LEO's to have to go to a plan B. And here we are on a gun forum with folks doing everything but supporting the dude.
    And again and I hope for the last time. I support his right to OC but do not support the lack of cooperation displayed. Yes Sir,heres my ID, what are your stopping me for, am i breaking any laws. No sir im not, we'll thanks now its time to move on. It makes it makes more difficult to further educated those that want to tread on those rights after you have created a mind set that we are all punks. Will that cop stop him again, yes he will. If he was nicer about the situation, he may think twice. We do have something to prove whether we like it or not and that is we are not a threat. I don't think this guy offered that up. The attitude was not portionate to the line of questioning. Whats your name...come on. Dispite it being his right, no one came away with anything except this guy didn't get thrown in jail and his special YouTube video. Confronting does not create understanding. I believe its our job to create understanding. Take it to the polls as a group. You can stand your ground and command respect at the same time. Your Airborne symbol tells me you know what I'm talking about. I don't respect his interaction, he came off as a dush. He got his fifteen minutes. That's all. No respect from me. I don't support bad behavior. As a group show we are not a threat.
    BWillis57 likes this.
    Ronald Reagan

... As I said before and I'll say it time and time again, true change starts at the legal system.
    The "change at the legal system" is already complete - OC is legal. The problem rests solely with LEO on the street. Are you proposing we need a law to force LEO's to comply with laws?

On Rosa Parks: the point is regards to people's rights - she stood up for people's rights against other people trying to restrict those rights just as this OC'er is doing. Whether or not she actually OC'ed is irrelevant. Here's some background for you, and here.

What you're saying about the OC'er is the same thing that was (probably) said about Rosa Parks - she's uppity, why doesn't she just move, why doesn't she just comply ... . The thing is, what Parks was doing at the time was actually against the law, OC'ing isn't.

And again and I hope for the last time. I support his right to OC but do not support the lack of cooperation displayed. Yes Sir,heres my ID, what are your stopping me for, am i breaking any laws. No sir im not, we'll thanks now its time to move on. It makes it makes more difficult to further educated those that want to tread on those rights after you have created a mind set that we are all punks. Will that cop stop him again, yes he will. If he was nicer about the situation, he may think twice. We do have something to prove whether we like it or not and that is we are not a threat. I don't think this guy offered that up. The attitude was not portionate to the line of questioning. Whats your name...come on. Dispite it being his right, no one came away with anything except this guy didn't get thrown in jail and his special YouTube video. Confronting does not create understanding. I believe its our job to create understanding. Take it to the polls as a group. You can stand your ground and command respect at the same time. Your Airborne symbol tells me you know what I'm talking about. I don't respect his interaction, he came off as a dush. He got his fifteen minutes. That's all. No respect from me. I don't support bad behavior. As a group show we are not a threat.
    Can you tell me exactly where you think he was disrespectful or "a dush"?
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

What cracks me up on every thread about an OC 'er that acts like an idiot is that folks somehow think the entire country is aware of these idiots and it changes the perception of gun owners. Zimmerman has done more to harm the image of gun owners than any of these morons 1000 fold. Just as an unscientific poll I did I talked to my neighbors today and none hear dof this guy. Talked to guys at the range and none heard of this inicident. And at church mingled and brought up the subject and nobody seems to care about us. The fact is if someone is against guns they are against guns. Some jackass making a fool out of himself does not even compare to Zimmerman and other shootings. I just wish folks on this forum would stop over exagerrating the signifigance of these incidents.

I do grant you that it may do short term damage in the local community. But do you think responsible gunownership and handling by CC'ers and OC'ers alike sway the minds of the Brady Bunch?! Pleez. The honest to God truth is IMO a lot of folks that CC are afraid that their rights might be hindered by the action of a few morons LEGALLY OC'ing. So as long as CC'ers have their rights they for the most part do not care ofr OC'ers who they percieve as some threat to their ability to carry.

If someone could show me the facts on how these You Tube idiots have affected gun legislation I would like to see the hard cold facts. And not just an isolated case in a small town.

What cracks me up on every thread about an OC 'er that acts like an idiot is that folks somehow think the entire country is aware of these idiots and it changes the perception of gun owners. Zimmerman has done more to harm the image of gun owners than any of these morons 1000 fold. Just as an unscientific poll I did I talked to my neighbors today and none hear dof this guy. Talked to guys at the range and none heard of this inicident. And at church mingled and brought up the subject and nobody seems to care about us. The fact is if someone is against guns they are against guns. Some jackass making a fool out of himself does not even compare to Zimmerman and other shootings. I just wish folks on this forum would stop over exagerrating the signifigance of these incidents.

I do grant you that it may do short term damage in the local community. But do you think responsible gunownership and handling by CC'ers and OC'ers alike sway the minds of the Brady Bunch?! Pleez. The honest to God truth is IMO a lot of folks that CC are afraid that their rights might be hindered by the action of a few morons LEGALLY OC'ing. So as long as CC'ers have their rights they for the most part do not care ofr OC'ers who they percieve as some threat to their ability to carry.

If someone could show me the facts on how these You Tube idiots have affected gun legislation I would like to see the hard cold facts. And not just an isolated case in a small town.
    Does California count. Or are they to far gone to count....
    atctimmy likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Does California count. Or are they to far gone to count....
    They are too far gone to count LOL! But I am saying is there any facts showing OC'ers being idiots exercising thier rights have affected legislation or national mindset? You almost never if ever hear of these idiots on national news unless it is an extremely slow news day. You hear of folks like Zimmerman and even the guy in WI (who was justified in shooting the kid that ran from the cops after an underage drinking party). In the regional news you hear of shootings by gun owners and stuff like that. Hardly ever a peep of folks like this dude. It mostly is in the local news and quickly forgotten. We talk about more than any one else!

BTW: I need to change my profile to Location: Texas. We are still unpacking.

Links