police stop man for open carrying (vid) - Page 14

police stop man for open carrying (vid)

This is a discussion on police stop man for open carrying (vid) within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Dustover Gotta agree with you. I have nothing against those whom open carry, I have even done it a couple times myself, ...

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: police stop man for open carrying (vid)

Quote Originally Posted by Dustover View Post
    Gotta agree with you. I have nothing against those whom open carry, I have even done it a couple times myself, but.. I dont like it. I prefer to blend with the crowd.
    We can only hope that neither side ever has to give up their freedom to make that choice.

Michael

Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by BigRay View Post
    Thunder71,
    I apologize if I offended you. I was referring solely to the individual in the video as seeking confrontation. I truly believe that had he complied with the officer's purely routine requests from the start, he would have been on his way much sooner, and there would likely have been no video to post on youtube. Instead, he repeatedly refused to cooperate with the officer. I'm an open-carrier myself (as added to my previous post), but I also have a number of close friends in law enforcement, and I'm proud of the work they do. I never forget that they have to strap on a gun every day, while we have the luxury of choosing to do so.
    Big Ray
    Ray what I fail to understand is the officer had no right to make the request in the first place. If you comply a report with your name is made it never goes away it shows you were stopped for suspicious conduct involving a fire arm. Now you have done nothing wrong but hat can and will be used against you at a latter date. I was shocked to find when I was stopped in downtown Memphis in 1975 no charges released right away showed up 22 years latter in a back round check. I was ask to explain it.
    The one trying to make a public statement is the LEO. He is outside what the law allows he knows it but does it anyway.
    The world has change LEO are not the ones we once looked up to they are like most other agency political with their own agenda and have no problem bending the law to fit their needs.
    We saw a lot of that in Wisconsin the last two years
    To many LE agency are trying to enforce their political agenda on others . This is just one example of many.

Compliance with an unlawful order is the same whether it order comes from a Government representative or from a member of a local street gang. Both orders are illegal. Refusal of either can be dangerous. Neither one will stop unless someone is willing to stand up to them.

Is the Government illegally demanding that I give up my rights any less evil that the street gang that illegally demands I give up my property?

Michael
    Last edited by mlr1m; July 13th, 2012 at 07:17 PM. Reason: I made an oopsie
    Badey likes this.

Ooo, ooo, ooo, I know, I know - it's more evil.

The video isn't valid. The account has been deleted
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Links