We have become more "aware" of a law : Kansas - Page 2

We have become more "aware" of a law : Kansas

This is a discussion on We have become more "aware" of a law : Kansas within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The Wichita City Council passed an amendment to its open carry ordinance to comply with state law. Now gun owners will be able to carry ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: We have become more "aware" of a law : Kansas

The Wichita City Council passed an amendment to its open carry ordinance to comply with state law. Now gun owners will be able to carry a gun in the open as long as it's in a holster and on safety.
    Whats up with the safety part? Lots of handguns have no safety. Is this one of those trick gotcha things?

EDIT: oops sorry did not not notice Jokers post when I wrote this. Great minds.

Michael
    Last edited by mlr1m; July 11th, 2012 at 02:43 PM. Reason: I made an oopsie

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Stand by for a rash of "the gun just went off" when barney fife and company are checking to see if your safety is on. So does this rule out revolvers, GLOCKS, and other pistols without a stupid manual safety?

Good news for Wichita. Wish we could get pre-emption laws on the books.
    IT IS ! ! ! Read the law in the first post... Chap 12, Ariticle 16, Section 124......

it is saying ... which the AG opinion, and recent emails from the AG's office reiterate.... that this law "IS" saying.... that NO county or city can "PROHIBIT" open carry in Kansas due to this law.... which has been in effect since 2007 & cities wanted to try to ignore it existed.

they can ONLY " regulate THE MANNER of open carry of loaded firearms".

It spells out LOADED rather clearly, so they cannot try to say someone can open carry only if the gun is unloaded. It is purely, they cannot prohibit a loaded firearm being openly carried..... only regulate the manner of open carry . I.E. >> holstered, etc.

Interesting to me .... the "ONE" news article about it... is the one I posted above.... the NEWS ... is avoiding this subject like the plague. They are NOT talking about it , reporting it, etc. It does show in the Wichita Council agenda ... and the results of the vote.

I really don't think they want people to realize... this applies to ALL cities in Kansas.
    It's the "sshhhhhh , don't tell them and maybe no-one will catch on " . Well, it's been 5 yrs ... and only now are people discovering it. Boy, that's keeping it "quiet".
    joker1 likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links