Here's a good video for all of us.

This is a discussion on Here's a good video for all of us. within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; An OC group goes to their local Steak and Shake and someone calls the police. I don't understand why, I honestly don't. This was a ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Here's a good video for all of us.

An OC group goes to their local Steak and Shake and someone calls the police. I don't understand why, I honestly don't. This was a fairly large group, several members with their small kids there. All were sitting together and eating calmly. Yet some anti called the cops because they had **gasp** guns on their belts!

The police show up in large numbers, with a paddy wagon no less! But, the whole thing does not go the way the police want it to. Watch the video to the end and read the trxt that the poster puts up. Made me smile.

16 Open Carriers vs Several Police Officers! - YouTube
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

yep. i saw that video just last week.i thought it was pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    An OC group goes to their local Steak and Shake and someone calls the police. I don't understand why, I honestly don't. This was a fairly large group, several members with their small kids there. All were sitting together and eating calmly. Yet some anti called the cops because they had **gasp** guns on their belts!

The police show up in large numbers, with a paddy wagon no less! But, the whole thing does not go the way the police want it to. Watch the video to the end and read the trxt that the poster puts up. Made me smile.

16 Open Carriers vs Several Police Officers! - YouTube

What this shows me is that some of the police departments are not informing their officers on how to handle/deal with open carry situations that appear to be done by law abiding citizens. I do find it appalling (if true) that the officer(s) attempted to coerce the manager to ask the group to leave. I also note that in this video and other such situations like this that the officers do not seem to understand that there are times when one does not have to provide ID. That might be due to the fact that the officers are so used to asking for ID and automatically given it because many people "don't want any type of confrontation" with the law even though it is their right not to show it.
    beararms and Bubba1521 like this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

VIP Member
    I have never understood that Law Enforcement daily go about open carrying yet some people see a law-abiding citizen open carrying and it is a cause for immediate panic, terror and a call to 911. Me, I see someone open carrying I will take note of their weapon, as a comparison to mine and what type of carry rig they are using it may be a more comfortable rig.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    What this shows me is that some of the police departments are not informing their officers on how to handle/deal with open carry situations that appear to be done by law abiding citizens. I do find it appalling (if true) that the officer(s) attempted to coerce the manager to ask the group to leave. I also note that in this video and other such situations like this that the officers do not seem to understand that there are times when one does not have to provide ID. That might be due to the fact that the officers are so used to asking for ID and automatically given it because many people "don't want any type of confrontation" with the law even though it is their right not to show it.
    Yep there are departments out there that still do ot train their officers how to interact with armed citizens. Happily, the Shelby County (where we live) Sheriffs Department does train their deputies very well on this subject.
    goldshellback likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I saw nothing wrong with a group of OC'ers taking families out to lunch legally armed.
    I did not see it as 'taunting' the police. If true, I am disappointed that the LEO's tried to persuade the manager to throw those 'armed' families out.
    Kudos to the manager...NOW, can we just get going with lunch?
    TN_Mike and mprp like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I see a bunch of people making a conscious decision to bait cops. They handled themselves well and respectful but its still baiting IMO.
    Bubba1521, Bubbiesdad and kb2wji like this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    I see a bunch of people making a conscious decision to bait cops. They handled themselves well and respectful but its still baiting IMO.
    i'm not sure what I think about this. It might be the case, and it might not. Open carry meet and greets are fairly common (I'm assuming that is what this is, but it may not be), and you've got to have them somewhere. Generally the OC group checks with the owners first to make sure its ok. Some even call the police ahead of time in case they get any calls about a large armed group in that area.

Also, unrelated to your post, I think they handled the encounter like champs.
    oneshot likes this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    i'm not sure what I think about this. It might be the case, and it might not. Open carry meet and greets are fairly common (I'm assuming that is what this is, but it may not be), and you've got to have them somewhere. Generally the OC group checks with the owners first to make sure its ok. Some even call the police ahead of time in case they get any calls about a large armed group in that area.

Also, unrelated to your post, I think they handled the encounter like champs.
    Yeah, I agree but the narration and comments.... I think when you get that many OCers together in public you have to expect this. The general public can barely handle OC a little at a time let alone 20 plus. I think they all expected the response they got.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

And that is how we do that. Slowly but surely, intelligence replaces ignorance and bullying.

"Bare" fear MWAG calls have no place in this country. It's good to see more and more people showing they know this. It's good to see "authorities" in a teachable moment actually appearing to learn something. Hopefully at least one further discussion was had with the police chief in that area about how irrational and insupportable such treatment is of obviously non-threatening people engaging in an acknowledged lawful activity.
    beararms and Pistology like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I love the managers comment at the end! Question....... Where does one get a O C Business Card? Thanks!
    Build your own! http://www.ktordnance.com/kto/

Jetico.......BC Wipe

Quote Originally Posted by abillb View Post
    I love the managers comment at the end! Question....... Where does one get a O C Business Card? Thanks!
    Opencarry.org

It would appear this was planned to prove a point. I am NOT a fan of the baiting that we've seen in other videos but this appears to be almost a peaceful type of "sit in". Modern day Rosa Parks type of stuff. "I will NOT sit at the back of the bus, sir".
    ericb327 likes this.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

P95
    I watched this a couple weeks ago....good ending.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    I have never understood that Law Enforcement daily go about open carrying yet some people see a law-abiding citizen open carrying and it is a cause for immediate panic, terror and a call to 911. Me, I see someone open carrying I will take note of their weapon, as a comparison to mine and what type of carry rig they are using it may be a more comfortable rig.
    While I never OC, I have no problem with it and actually admire many that do. When I do see someone OCing, I have pretty much the same mindset as yourself regarding the setup. On the same note, I do feel that there are some folks out there that are better ambassador's for the folks that like to OC. IMO, the guy doing the recording in this video was not helping the situation by approaching the officer and the gentleman he was speaking to. it was obvious that the guy was a good representative for the group and by him approaching the two he could have easily derailed all that the two had accomplished. JMO, no disrespect intended to anyone who OC's.
    ericb327 and Badey like this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links