Kid in Birmingham OCing Rifle - Not Guilty on All Counts!

This is a discussion on Kid in Birmingham OCing Rifle - Not Guilty on All Counts! within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ericb327 I should be surprised this thread has not been closed yet but I'm not. I'm afraid to comment for fear of ...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: Kid in Birmingham OCing Rifle - Not Guilty on All Counts!

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    I should be surprised this thread has not been closed yet but I'm not. I'm afraid to comment for fear of reprisal. Carry on!
    Its only words and an exchange of ideals. I would be very surprised if any of the members that disagree with me, would want harm to come my way. Just because we disagree on this subject doesnt mean anything in the overall picture.
    OD*, mlr1m, RMS and 2 others like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

2. Remove Ads

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Its only words and an exchange of ideals. I would be very surprised if any of the members that disagree with me, would want harm to come my way. Just because we disagree on this subject doesnt mean anything in the overall picture.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it's still on my list. J/K
    Harryball likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I was going to bust out a list ............. {snip}
    .... well said sir.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

So we throw out common sense and are no longer being the grey man. Is that what Im hearing. All the rest of carrying responsible and not making a seen and all of that goes out the window. The rest of this forum must be a shame, seeing how strapping on a rifle and walking down an urban street is now seen as a sensible act. Sorry guys I can not get on board with that kind of thinking.
    I think you are misunderstanding what folks are saying here. No one is saying that you must let everyone know that you are carrying a weapon. No one is saying that you must give up common sense. No one here is saying that you must do anything you don't want to do. Trust me if I believed that is what was going on here I would be raising hell about it.

What they are saying is that is a person is not breaking any laws the government should leave them alone. I do not see where anyone is trying to force anything on you.

Michael
    TN_Mike likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    I think you are misunderstanding what folks are saying here. No one is saying that you must let everyone know that you are carrying a weapon. No one is saying that you must give up common sense. No one here is saying that you must do anything you don't want to do. Trust me if I believed that is what was going on here I would be raising hell about it.

What they are saying is that is a person is not breaking any laws the government should leave them alone. I do not see where anyone is trying to force anything on you.

Michael
    He didnt break any laws I understand that. I even posted the update when he was brought to trial. Personally, I didnt think the city had anything that could stick. However, this isnt the country, its a burb of detroit, People get really nerved up about RIFLES slung across someones back. Good, bad or indifferent, this kid was a tool.

Dont worry no one will force anything on me. As it pertains to this situation, im pretty well set in my ways....
    TN_Mike likes this.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Of course not. Not what I meant.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    this kid was a tool.
    You very well may be correct. Yet upholding the right to do stupid things is something I think is worth fighting for.
    mlr1m and TN_Mike like this.

Of course not. Not what I meant
    Sorry bout that.....

You very well may be correct. Yet upholding the right to do stupid things is something I think is worth fighting for.
    The bold we agree. With all eyes on SYG laws, I do not feel we need this type of negative exposure to our gun rights....

Sorry bout that.....

The bold we agree. With all eyes on SYG laws, I do not feel we need this type of negative exposure to our gun rights....
    Why no concern about the negative exposure to the Government when they are caught making up charges and making false arrests? Why do we worry more about a person who has broken no laws making us look bad than we do government workers who by their actions make the government look corrupt and abusive?

Michael

So we throw out common sense and are no longer being the grey man. Is that what Im hearing.
    One possible method of being armed consists of concealment and a strong "gray man" bent, sure. Not all subscribe to being so deeply discreet. Openly carrying is another philosophy, which generally speaking goes against the "gray man," under-the-radar mode of carry. Certainly, carrying a rifle falls into the category. None of which hardly suggests that those who choose to conceal their firearms have tossed out the "gray man" concept with the bath water. The discussion merely suggests that those defending lawful carry are defending it against spurious, heavy-handed refusal to accept the law that exists. No more, no less.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Why no concern about the negative exposure to the Government when they are caught making up charges and making false arrests? Why do we worry more about a person who has broken no laws making us look bad than we do government workers who by their actions make the government look corrupt and abusive?

Michael
    When was the last time you saw the Government regulate itself? It regulates us, See my point now.....

When was the last time you saw the Government regulate itself? It regulates us, See my point now.....
    The number one job of the government is to protect itself from the people.

Michael

So we throw out common sense and are no longer being the grey man. Is that what Im hearing. All the rest of carrying responsible and not making a seen and all of that goes out the window. The rest of this forum must be a shame, seeing how strapping on a rifle and walking down an urban street is now seen as a sensible act. Sorry guys I can not get on board with that kind of thinking.
    When you OC you are not the grey man anyway. And why should I care what someone else does as far as letting folks see that they are carrying? I care what I do. Folks get so riled up about other folks business (which BTW is how all these incidents start) instead MYOB.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    When you OC you are not the grey man anyway. And why should I care what someone else does as far as letting folks see that they are carrying? I care what I do. Folks get so riled up about other folks business (which BTW is how all these incidents start) instead MYOB.
    And IMO there is the problem with OC. Not necessarily the carrier, but the people around. As to why you might want to care. They vote....

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Sorry bout that.....

I am in complete agreement with you.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Links