Kid in Birmingham OCing Rifle - Not Guilty on All Counts!

This is a discussion on Kid in Birmingham OCing Rifle - Not Guilty on All Counts! within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Harryball He didnt break any laws I understand that. I even posted the update when he was brought to trial. Personally, I ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: Kid in Birmingham OCing Rifle - Not Guilty on All Counts!

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    He didnt break any laws I understand that. I even posted the update when he was brought to trial. Personally, I didnt think the city had anything that could stick. However, this isnt the country, its a burb of detroit, People get really nerved up about RIFLES slung across someones back. Good, bad or indifferent, this kid was a tool.
    "People get really nerved up" when a group of three or more youths with pants below their butt cheeks, tattoos and hats on backwards decide to walk around one of the "nice" malls. I'm sure some aren't crazy about Girl Scouts invading their neighborhoods selling cookies door to door either.

People getting their panties in a bunch doesn't justify using the force of the law/cops to make them feel better. Change the law, assimilate, or keep to yourself and keep your mouth shut.
    mlr1m likes this.

2. Remove Ads

He didnt break any laws I understand that. I even posted the update when he was brought to trial. Personally, I didnt think the city had anything that could stick. However, this isnt the country, its a burb of detroit, People get really nerved up about RIFLES slung across someones back. Good, bad or indifferent, this kid was a tool.
    I disagree. This is the country. The United States of America. The Constitution and Bill of Rights speak with the same authority in a burb of Detroit as they do in the boondocks. Those documents do not seek your approval or mine. Or the approval of courts and politicians. They stand on their own. They are not about stupidity, tools, or the opinions of men. They are about the right to live our lives free of the tyranny of government. They are about the freedom to choose how to live our lives as we see fit - and not according to the opinions of our neighbors. And they certainly care less about antsy people who are uncomfortable with the very freedoms they grant.

Old Ben Franklin spoke of those antsy "nerved up" folks: They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Quote Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post
    "People get really nerved up" when a group of three or more youths with pants below their butt cheeks, tattoos and hats on backwards decide to walk around one of the "nice" malls. I'm sure some aren't crazy about Girl Scouts invading their neighborhoods selling cookies door to door either.

People getting their panties in a bunch doesn't justify using the force of the law/cops to make them feel better. Change the law, assimilate, or keep to yourself and keep your mouth shut.
    But they have no issue with all the gangbangers with guns running around the city. No time to stop them we to busty messing with everyday people that are not breaking the law because it is PC to mess with them.
    It never stops.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Links