Idiot OCing... or "How not to do it"

This is a discussion on Idiot OCing... or "How not to do it" within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by kapnketel He could be a nice guy but then he could be a total jerk. If so, approaching him and saying something ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Idiot OCing... or "How not to do it"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    He could be a nice guy but then he could be a total jerk. If so, approaching him and saying something might jsut start an altercation of sorts. Not good with an armed and obviously clueless person.
    Yup. I'd give him a wide berth. His description reminded me of this:
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

No worse than a no clip type holster in an elastic waistband, only difference is one isn't as visible as the other... or is that the point here, visibility/exposure? As far as genuine concern of safety goes, I don't see a gun falling out of a Smartcarry any easier than a 'no clip' style holster, so long as they are both the proper size for the gun being carried.

Hey, maybe that was a paint ball gun...

and the guy is practicing his right to be an idiot?

Was the gun at least more than a Saturday night special?
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

He can do what he wants to do. Anyone that wears a Star Wars T-Shirt and sweat pants out has a Doofus Screw loose anyway. Better leave alone. He'll self-destruct somehow someday. Not your problem.

Nature just told you "Do Not Touch". Listen to Mother Nature. Listen to that little voice. Pay attention to those fleeting feelings.
    CLASS3NH, TN_Mike and ericb327 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    He could be a nice guy but then he could be a total jerk. If so, approaching him and saying something might jsut start an altercation of sorts. Not good with an armed and obviously clueless person.
    Actually, I was having enough trouble not laughing at him without talking... I don't think I could have actually spoken to him without busting a gut and that would be rude
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

ya can't fix stupid... I'd stay clear of that guy.
    ericb327 likes this.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

VIP Member
    Has Gecko45 surfaced in Washington State?
    TN_Mike and ClutchSR9C like this.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    Has Gecko45 surfaced in Washington State?
    Nah, there wasn't anything "tacti-cool" about this guy... Gecko would have had a proper holster and a kevlar vest

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

that Glock was bouncing around like it wanted to fall out.
    A little duct tape would fix that.

Michael

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by livewire9880 View Post
    I see OC more often in the city I live in now than any of the places I've lived before. I generally don't OC myself because I don't have a holster with proper retention. But I'd be nothing compared to this guy...

I really wish I'd thought to sneak a picture, but this guy (short and chubby, wearing a Star Wars t-shirt and track pants) had a Glock in a SmartCarry at 7-11 yesterday. Instead of having it under his clothes like you would expect a SmartCarry, it was wrapped around his waist with the holster below his hip on his right side at 3:00 like some kind of Old West revolver holster....

I do have to say that I wasn't practicing the best carry habits myself... this 7-11 is across the street from my house I had my no-retention OWB holster on with a t-shirt over it, the muzzle poking out below my cover shirt, probably printing like a fiend. I still couldn't help but shake my head at this guy demonstrating every single facet of irresponsible carry... does that make me a hypocrite?
    I your t-shirt was a "Lord of the Rings" t-shirt, yes, you are a hypocrite.

Open Carry in an urban enviorment doesn't help the cause. The only useful purpose would be to 'pull a shirt' back if you felt displaying a gun maybe a deterent

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Stand by for the voices braying that it's his right to carry as he chooses and condemning you for wanting OC banned and assuring you that you should turn in your guns since you are so obviously anti 2A.
    Wow......just wow. Sounds like some hurt feelings bubbling up there...

Quote Originally Posted by theskunk View Post
    Open Carry in an urban enviorment doesn't help the cause. The only useful purpose would be to 'pull a shirt' back if you felt displaying a gun maybe a deterent
    You should explain what you meant there. Because right now it sounds like you came onto the Open Carry section of the site and decided to preach against open carry. If you are against open carry, then why even come onto this part of the site? Just to stir up trouble?

I will say that someone carrying openly like an idiot may not help anything but if he's legal then he's legal. Doesn't matter if I like how he is carrying or not. I happen to open carry in an urban environment as you call it, all the time. Doesn't hurt any cause, no matter what cause you are talking about.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    You should explain what you meant there. Because right now it sounds like you came onto the Open Carry section of the site and decided to preach against open carry. If you are against open carry, then why even come onto this part of the site? Just to stir up trouble?
    He's trolling, don't feed the trolls :-)

-- John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by livewire9880 View Post
    He's trolling, don't feed the trolls :-)

I believe you are correct.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I will say that someone carrying openly like an idiot may not help anything but if he's legal then he's legal. Doesn't matter if I like how he is carrying or not. I happen to open carry in an urban environment as you call it, all the time. Doesn't hurt any cause, no matter what cause you are talking about.
    Im glad someone brought this up. If you believe in your cause, it shouldnt matter. I give you a +1 on this Mike....
    TN_Mike likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links