Open Carriers get ready! - Page 3

Open Carriers get ready!

This is a discussion on Open Carriers get ready! within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Will Mayor Bloomberg give up his 24/7 arm police protection? Not going to happen...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Open Carriers get ready!

Will Mayor Bloomberg give up his 24/7 arm police protection?
    Not going to happen

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danwdooley View Post
    Nothing happened that time but the tide has been building and now the UN move to ban personal firearms is just about to be voted on. I don't know all of the subtle little details in the resolution but from what seems to be known it sounds like it's not going to be good for us. I hope I'm wrong on that.
    Where are you getting the information about the UN banning our personal firearms. Please explain!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Aurora is not an anti-gun city. Open carry while not common is legal in Aurora. The Aurora PD will try and convince you to cover-up if they get a MWAG call. If you refuse they will go their merry way. You will see a few OSI officers open carrying in Aurora near Buckley and they just wear a polo with a badge you can't read.

CCW is 100% pre-empted by sate law, that went all the way to the state supreme court and Denver pretended that wasn't what they were challenging and Denver was allow to City-wide ban open carry. Denver was the only one allow to make a city-wide ban without signs. All the other little wannbe "Home Rule" cities must post signs.

Several cities have local safety ordinances that forbit firearms and many don't distinguish between OC and CCW because they are older than the CCW law (2003). Most cities forbit discharge of a firearm expect in the saving of a life or grave bodily harm.

Assualt weapons are not ban in Denver nor Aurora. I actually talked to a DPD officer at my company range and he said after the 2004 lift of the Federal Assualt rifle ban they haven't stopped anyone for an assault rifle. He wasn't even aware of a mag cap ban. I did however find a Denver Revised Statue that said the limit was 21 rounds.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links