Carry laws after court precedings.

This is a discussion on Carry laws after court precedings. within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had to volunterly give up my permit after an indictment was brought to me because I was involved in an accident where a man ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By suntzu
  • 1 Post By tubadude

Thread: Carry laws after court precedings.

Carry laws after court precedings.

I had to volunterly give up my permit after an indictment was brought to me because I was involved in an accident where a man lost his life. I had plead guilty to wreckless vehicular homicide but was not charged since I was awarded judicial diversion. The judge said I was not giving up my right to vote or posess any firearms since I am on probation now for three yrs. However, my attorney doesn't think I can. I live in TN and the laws are not strict down here. I have no criminal background. Does anyone know how I can get it back?

2. Remove Ads

What can I say that your attorney does not know? If you have no faith in him get another attorney or second opinion.
    Burns, mlr1m and archer51 like this.

Legal questions should be answered by lawyers. If you don't like what yours has to say, get a second opinion from another one.
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

The best thing you can do is find an attorney that specializes in matters like this. Contact some local CCW trainers or training centers for a reference, they may be aware of a local attorney that could assist you.

Senior Moderator
    At the very least, you will have to wait until your probation is over to get a permit...if they allow it.

You should be OK, but one never can tell with the legal system and all the fine print that goes with it.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I'm no lawyer, and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express, so you should ask a lawyer.
    Brad426 likes this.

VIP Member
    A Tennessee lawyer who specializes in firearms related legal issues is who you need to be talking to.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    No lawyer here either. Sounds like probation. Consider yourself lucky. If you don't care for your lawyer, find another one.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    If the judge says your fine, I would think you are fine. However IANAL
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Links