I got a big surprise yesterday

This is a discussion on I got a big surprise yesterday within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After going to the grocery store yeaterday I went to a Wendys. It got hot up here (8,000 ft) so I took of my shirt ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: I got a big surprise yesterday

After going to the grocery store yeaterday I went to a Wendys. It got hot up here (8,000 ft) so I took of my shirt leaving my t-shirt on and open carrying. No body panicked in Wendys. When I sat down to eat a man came up to me and thanked me for having the stones to open carry. I was shocked!
    Ionracas, OldVet, Badey and 4 others like this.
    Semper Fi
    "Marines don't surrender-they win or die." from Brute

Nice to hear of a good interaction with someone while OCing.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Nice. It's good to get positive feedback.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Thanks for sharing this.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Quote Originally Posted by BkCo1 View Post
    After going to the grocery store yeaterday I went to a Wendys. It got hot up here (8,000 ft) so I took of my shirt leaving my t-shirt on and open carrying. No body panicked in Wendys. When I sat down to eat a man came up to me and thanked me for having the b---s to open carry. I was shocked!
    Pretty cool if you ask me. Keep up the good work.

It happens. I have had many a positive interaction with folks while open carrying. Both with civilians and police. Far more good experiences than bad.

Glad you had a good experience.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

It my option I think open carry kind of paints a big target on you for a criminal to take you out first. I just don't know if I will ever open carry maybe every once in a while I might. But for the most part I think it better to surprise them. I know here in okl. In november it will be a open carry state. So I will have to see how many people I see walking around with gun before I decide to do it more and more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since I moved to FL, I can't OC anymore. I used to do it on occasion in VA and never had any negative experiences.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Around this neck of the woods it's simply a case of mind over matter. Folks don't mind, so it doesn't matter. In rural areas (I'm guessing you live in one as I do) folks just don't live in a constant state of high-agitation. They've used and seen guns all their lives. Guns are tools. They're not inherently evil, nor are they an aggressive political statement. Yes, a thug might have one, but so do ranchers, farmers, bankers, grandmas, pastors, fisherman, mechanics...you get the picture. I realize everyone can't live where things seem a little more calm & rational, but I'm sure glad I do!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Around this neck of the woods it's simply a case of mind over matter. Folks don't mind, so it doesn't matter. In rural areas (I'm guessing you live in one as I do) folks just don't live in a constant state of high-agitation. They've used and seen guns all their lives. Guns are tools. They're not inherently evil, nor are they an aggressive political statement. Yes, a thug might have one, but so do ranchers, farmers, bankers, grandmas, pastors, fisherman, mechanics...you get the picture. I realize everyone can't live where things seem a little more calm & rational, but I'm sure glad I do!
    I gotta agree with this. Everyone here has a gun, and no one really cares.

Glad to hear of your good experience. Not sure how that would go over in Missouri, at least in the towns & cities. I remember the day when it seemed like everyone had rifles hanging in the rear windows of their pickups. Don't see that anymore, at least where I've been.

Unfortunately, I like Wendys, so I cannot quip about needing to OC in such a place, because you're afraid of the food.

But, it would have been funny if I'd been able. Promise
    There WILL be patents with this (simple) discovery. That, and "type III levers". It's untapped wealth, waiting for you who Google. Or your kids. People expanding on the potential are welcome to elucidate; I didn't phrase it well

Excellent! Thank you for posting! Where was the Wendy's?

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Hello welcome to Wendys,what would you like a number 1 combo that is great sir I see your carrying a 1911 would you like to upgrade your order to a #1 comb + that is a standard combo meal and a 50 round box of either Speer Gold Dot,Or Winchester Ranger T's,thank you for your order and have a nice day..........A guy can dream can't he
    BkCo1 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Very nice to hear that!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links