Open carrier at batman movie

This is a discussion on Open carrier at batman movie within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Employee calls police when he sees a man open carrying a gun (no gun signs posted). They stop the movie, police ask the guy who's ...

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree164Likes

Thread: Open carrier at batman movie

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar

Open carrier at batman movie

Employee calls police when he sees a man open carrying a gun (no gun signs posted). They stop the movie, police ask the guy who's carrying to stand up. 3 men stand :D

Herald Citizen - Gun at Batman causes stir

Officer asked them to place their weapons in their vehicles and they do, and then everyone enjoys the movie :)
    Ionracas and baren like this.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Had my M&P9c with me when I went to see Batman the Friday afternoon after the shooting in CO. No incidents to report. I didn't OC though. I hope there were others carrying.

Sent from my Atrix 4G using Tapatalk 2

That funny. My wife and I went and seen the avengers. These past weekend and I carried my gun with me!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reminds me of the scene in "Boat Trip" where Cuba Gooding Jr. gets caught by his girlfriend after dancing to "I'm coming out" and calls him a dirty name and evrybody in the room looks back..

Boat Trip Music Clip Trimm - YouTube

Cuba Gooding Jr.'s funniest movie IMO.
    Last edited by gasmitty; July 30th, 2012 at 10:06 AM. Reason: language
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

I like this story, except for the part where the police make the guys put their guns in their cars (and the stopping the movie part)...
    Last edited by Badey; July 30th, 2012 at 08:35 AM. Reason: add content
    atctimmy, TN_Mike, mprp and 2 others like this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Now if another shooting incident had taken place right after the guns had been returned to vehicles, I think I'd be sueing the pants off the employee, the theatre, and the police department. I don't even like all of the lawsuits that are taking place these days, but this would be a good chance for one to prove stupidity on their part.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I'm sure anyone planning an attack that night would have done the same, and returned their weapon(s) to their vehicle.

Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    I'm sure anyone planning an attack that night would have done the same, and returned their weapon(s) to their vehicle.

Sigh.
    Are you kidding!? The BG is exempt from our laws. He'd probably be standing next the cops and employee dressed all tacticool in his ninja gear. Of course he would have some SEMI-auto ASSAULT AK-47s.

And you know what? He'd be laughing at us because the sheep made him invisible. Even if he were wearing neon-pink "Hello Kitty" body armor.

All because the guy who politley held the door open as you walked in the theater and gave a pleasant salutation, had a gun on his hip.
    Last edited by Ionracas; July 30th, 2012 at 10:27 AM. Reason: I forgot to add that he would have 1,000 round belt fed "clips"
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ionracas View Post
    Are you kidding!? The BG is exempt from our laws. He'd probably be standing next the cops and employee dressed all tacticool in his ninja gear. Of course he would have some SEMI-auto ASSAULT AK-47s.

And you know what? He'd be laughing at us because the sheep made him invisible. Even if he were wearing neon-pink "Hello Kitty" body armor.

All because the guy who politley held the door open as you walked in the theater and gave a pleasant salutation, had a gun on his hip.
    Stop making fun of my body armor...I happen to like neon pink hello kitty body armor!!!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Stop making fun of my body armor...I happen to like neon pink hello kitty body armor!!!
    If thats what it takes to prevent from becoming Goodbye Kitty, then Id take what I can get.
    PB2 likes this.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

another movie fail... I loved when the cops says who has a gun and three people stand up

Employee calls police when he sees a man open carrying a gun (no gun signs posted). They stop the movie, police ask the guy who's carrying to stand up. 3 men stand :D

Officer asked them to place their weapons in their vehicles and they do, and then everyone enjoys the movie :)
    I'd leave, requesting refund. Disarmament cures nothing, regarding the safety of me or mine.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    I would have asked for a refund and went home before I put my gun in my car.

ETA: Dang! ccw9mm beat me to it.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Best thing to do? Stay seated. Unless you're the guy OCing.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Links