My Father

This is a discussion on My Father within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Tricolordad, I'm sorry for what you went through as a child. Thank you for being a REAL man and father to your children. My father ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: My Father

Distinguished Member
    Tricolordad, I'm sorry for what you went through as a child. Thank you for being a REAL man and father to your children. My father grew up in an abusive home. I have heard very few stories from him and my uncle and aunt, but the ones I heard were awful. Their father was an abusive alcoholic peice of waste. But my father is great. He has been an amazing father to me and my three sisters, and is part of my inspiration to be a good father to my daughter. He boke the cycle, and if it were not for hearing some of the stories I probably wouldn't even know a thing about it.

I only met his father once, when our family visited them. I was very young but I think he was pretty much still the same person. Thats the only time I know of my father being around him while we were growing up.
    I remember going to his funeral and seeing my father cry. I was so mad that my father was moved by his death, I didn't understand it at all. But I did respect it.

But as I've gotten older, I've gained more and more appreciation for my father being a good man and a great father. He is one of the most gentle men I know.
    So keep being a good father to your children and a good man to your wife. THATS all that matters.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

2. Remove Ads

Yeah, I've heard about people not being able to break the cycle, but honestly...I've never thought of hitting my kids when they're misbehaving, or ever for that matter. I don't see how it would work, they copy everything they see. I saw a kid get spanked at Walmart by a questionable person I know, and I watched just to see how far it would go. A minute after the kid stopped crying, he walked over to his mom and spanked her back lol it was pretty funny.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links