First time open carrying- Walmart

This is a discussion on First time open carrying- Walmart within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a buddy here in Utah that works Wal-Mart Asset Protection(who also happens to be my gun dealer)and he told me that here NO ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: First time open carrying- Walmart

I have a buddy here in Utah that works Wal-Mart Asset Protection(who also happens to be my gun dealer)and he told me that here NO Wal-Mart employee is allowed to say anything to you about OC. I dig that a lot. :) OC at the one in Sandy once a week at least. No one has ever said anything.
    What immortal hand or eye
    Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

2. Remove Ads

I only OC in the state park I live beside when walking my dog. You have to have a CCP in NC to carry in a state park, but CC isn't required. I actually start out that way but then the heat kicks in and the shirt comes off and suddenly, I'm OC'ing!

i actually just called my local walmart, and spoke with the asst. manager, and asked if they allowed open carry, and he was SUPER cool about it and said they do allow it, there are no signs posted, and they fallow state law. Open or concealed is allowed, and only time they will ask you to leave is if they feel youre being unsafe, or drawing it.

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    OC in Ca is no longer an option. But all new CCrs as a rite of passage have to take the "Wally Walk". To thos that have never carried before its a little weird at first! DR

Quote Originally Posted by dangerranger View Post
    OC in Ca is no longer an option. But all new CCrs as a rite of passage have to take the "Wally Walk". To thos that have never carried before its a little weird at first! DR
    lol i get told by my friends that DO open carry that i've not fully open carried till ive went into a walmart! thats hilarious.

Kansas allows OC however if you don't have your concealed permit you are at the mercy of each little town and their rules. The only time I OC is on my way to the range. I asked about it at my CCL class yesterday and the officers recommended concealed carry, they said that was the idea behind concealed carry..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links