California Open Carry Ban

This is a discussion on California Open Carry Ban within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is anyone working on repealing the CA Open Carry Ban? I am sure someone is, and would like to do my part to help. I ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: California Open Carry Ban

Is anyone working on repealing the CA Open Carry Ban? I am sure someone is, and would like to do my part to help. I hear the criminals shooting every night and sirens every night and I am tired of feeling defenseless when I step outside. There have been 12 break-ins within a 4 block radius of my house within the last month. In broad daylight when people were home. I am sick of this. If anyone has information on whose working on the repeal, please let me know.

Thanks!
    Regards,
    nicklikesHK

"Does anyone else care that California is taking away our rights, one right at a time? HELP US!!"

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Sorry, I gave up trying to keep up with California's gun laws.

What was it before? Open carry, empty chamber, no magazine in the gun, magazine loaded, right?

I think that's what it was before. Start calling and sending letters to Senators and Representatives, Nick. I don't know what to tell you other than most people there are OK with the status quo. If you really want change you may have to get out. A lot of us are pretty sure that California is a loss.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

What does it matter? The guns had to be unloaded for it to be legal anyway so what good is it going to do to bring it back? May as well carry around an old clothes iron for self defense. And you can't get a CCW where you live so good luck! Load your firearms in your house, spread the word and vote.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Honestly, I feel its a lost cause, I was hoping someone was doing something so I could try to help, but since it is not coming back, I think I will move to Arizona. Been planning on it for a while now anyways
    BugDude and pittypat21 like this.
    Regards,
    nicklikesHK

"Does anyone else care that California is taking away our rights, one right at a time? HELP US!!"

Not much to say about CA laws the people got what they wanted they voted they elected every one that is in power must be what they wanted.

VIP Member
    Check this website. It has a list of CA gun rights groups, they should be able to tell you what the status is on trying to repeal the law.

✰*Gun Rights Are Civil Rights ✰ - ✰ Home ✰
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I lived in kalifornia for 47 yrs. I did alot of work through my old job in your area, and you are right about it being a bad high crime area. I moved out of kalifornia two years ago and now live in Idaho. Idaho is a free state were you have alot more rights, and things are cheaper here also. You can own any kind of guns you want here, including silencers and full auto weapons. Open carry is legal here and concealed carry is legal with a permit. There is no crime here because every one is armed. Your best bet is to get out of california while you still can, before they close the border and you are required to show your papers.

California is pretty much a lost cause as far as the rest of the country is concerned IMO. I don't like it....but that's what happens when folks live the high life and forget about basics. No offense intended for those who are stuck in Cali and can't get out. It's a lost cause although I feel sympathetic for those there in ways.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    No offense intended for those who are stuck in Cali and can't get out. .
    Those of us few who are natives and avoid the cities do not want to leave. No offense intended, but the smart folks from Arkansas snuck out. You can have them back, as they are voting in the liberal cities.
    The "open carry" activists were justifiably angry at Sheriffs in the big cities who will not issue CCWs to average citizens who qualify. They started putting on shows and shot themselves in the foot. Game over.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Margaret Thatcher said, "You can tell the worth of a country by the ratio of how many people are trying to get in against how many people are trying to get...out." It's a pity that a state as amazing a California has allowed politics to sufficiently fester as to cause lifelong residents to leave the state in protest.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    California is pretty much a lost cause as far as the rest of the country is concerned IMO. I don't like it....but that's what happens when folks live the high life and forget about basics. No offense intended for those who are stuck in Cali and can't get out. It's a lost cause although I feel sympathetic for those there in ways.
    None taken. It is what it is but it's too bad. I still can't believe that Sacramento County has taken up CCW though. That was unbelievable to me. All I can say is that I'm glad I live in a county that supports CCW. I would say to the OP that you should at least find a county to live in where you can have a CCW.

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

I thought California was a shall issue state?

Nope, may issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Sorry, I gave up trying to keep up with California's gun laws.

What was it before? Open carry, empty chamber, no magazine in the gun, magazine loaded, right?
    At first I thought this was mostly sarcasm until I read the second sentence of mprp's post. Your telling me it was legal to carry but the mag had to be out of the gun?

Id like to see some self defense drills on drawing and firing, with simunitions and an attacker.

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    What does it matter? The guns had to be unloaded for it to be legal anyway so what good is it going to do to bring it back? May as well carry around an old clothes iron for self defense. And you can't get a CCW where you live so good luck! Load your firearms in your house, spread the word and vote.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links