Question for Open Carriers... - Page 6

Question for Open Carriers...

This is a discussion on Question for Open Carriers... within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If the guy is going to pull your gun to do something bad, hes going to bring his own. No one is going to see ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Question for Open Carriers...

If the guy is going to pull your gun to do something bad, hes going to bring his own. No one is going to see you OC'ing and get inspired to rob the store

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggie313 View Post
    If the guy is going to pull your gun to do something bad, hes going to bring his own. No one is going to see you OC'ing and get inspired to rob the store
    I didn't say that.... go read the post again.

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    we don't have open carry in Texas yet and not sure if we ever will but I can understand the usefulness of the convenience but like you I lack to see a need for carrying in a highly populated location
    More crime occurs in high-population arias, is the need.

If it weren't for snakes and critter-control there wouldn't be much 'need' to carry a gun in low populated arias.

Assuming one is already going to carry a gun, the preference of carrying openly, for me has more to do with ease of dress and of drawing the gun in an emergency. There's also a degree of public safety favoring open carry: Open carry allows the use of full-size pistols, which have better grip, longer barrels and are heavier, all of which contribute to an accurate shot and reduce the chance of shooting something/someone unintentionally.

Retention holster is a good idea, but once again no one robs people with visable guns.
    My cell phone costs as much as my glock, it is in a non retention holster and NO one has ever tried to grab it even in a dense crowd
    This is a urban gun myth!
    Ogre likes this.
    One day you will be asked to make the ultimate sacrafice for your country, freedom and liberty. Give only blood.

- Retired Army Major in 1976- My Grandpa

I've heard someone is trying to pass,or come up with a bill for OC in my state.The one thing that worries me,is someone taking mine,but,it may not would ever happen.So far as me personally,unless i had no option,i wouldn't OC.I just don't want to draw any attention to myself.That said,it would be a nice option for those who would want to.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links