Refusal to show ID in Georgia update from 2008 arrest

This is a discussion on Refusal to show ID in Georgia update from 2008 arrest within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by jbglock All of you stay out then. Enough problems with anti-government radicals moving here. Wilco, Jim Bob....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Refusal to show ID in Georgia update from 2008 arrest

Quote Originally Posted by jbglock View Post
    All of you stay out then. Enough problems with anti-government radicals moving here.
    Wilco, Jim Bob.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

2. Remove Ads

Wouldn't an an officer in NC have even less cause to ask for ID since no permit is required to OC there?
    FTG-05 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    You sound like you want to start something. The exact same thing you are accusing this guy of. Fact is he did not do anything wrong. The vast majority of LEO's are honorable folks. You sir do not sound like one.
    You know nothing of me from some internet forum. I've never lied on the stand, never falsified any document, and follow the law. Anti-government and ant-police radicals don't represent me or the majority of those trying to further our 2nd amendment rights. If anyone doesn't like it I won't lose a moment of sleep because I don't want you to think I support you.

Quote Originally Posted by Qtip View Post
    Wouldn't an an officer in NC have even less cause to ask for ID since no permit is required to OC there?
    No permit is required to OC. You can be compelled to provide ID under numerous other laws in NC. I won't help any of you in your radical plans though. Done with this thread. Have a nice day plotting your overthrow of the government.

VIP Member
    The law in my state is different. Regardless of the law going out just looking for a confrontation with the police is idiotic. If you want to educate the police then by all means. This anti police slant of the so called movement is just idiotic though. In the end those of us in law enforcement that are pro second amendment will eventually just become weary and cautious of you in the minority and will make sure that if we ever have an encounter with one of you "activists" that your arrest is by the book so to speak. Thank goodness that most gun owners are not radicals like this.
    For some situations I know what you mean, but this is not one of them.

By the way, it was not long ago that many GA LEO's were not properly trained in how to handle CC and OC encounters. One notorious case is where a driver of a car that was stopped informed the officer he was carrying. The officer drew his weapon, pointed it at his head, and ordered him out of the car at gunpoint. As a result of the LEO's outrageous behavior, an entire county instituted mandatory OC/CC training for its officers.

There is nothing wrong with a citizen that is obeying the law not wanting to be detained and arrested when there is no RAS for detainment or PC for arrest.

You know nothing of me from some internet forum. I've never lied on the stand, never falsified any document, and follow the law. Anti-government and ant-police radicals don't represent me or the majority of those trying to further our 2nd amendment rights. If anyone doesn't like it I won't lose a moment of sleep because I don't want you to think I support you.
    We may not know you, but we get glimpses when you post what you are thinking. Stuff like "Frankly I hope he comes to NC where I work and tries some BS like that with one of our officers.", for instance. Now this guy may not be the brightest bulb in the socket (as evidenced by the fact he was carrying a Hi-Point), but he wasn't breaking any laws and was arrested.
    FTG-05 and nerdyvirgin like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

What makes you think I am a radical? Or anti police. In fact I said the vast majority are honorable. Just questioned you since you seem to want to start something with a man by having him come to your state.
    FTG-05 likes this.

No permit is required to OC. You can be compelled to provide ID under numerous other laws in NC. I won't help any of you in your radical plans though. Done with this thread. Have a nice day plotting your overthrow of the government.
    Don't go away mad...
    Clint Eastwood

All of you stay out then. Enough problems with anti-government radicals moving here.
    Wait a sec....wanting to exercise my 2nd Amendment rights in a lawful manner without being detained or arrested makes me an anti-government radical??
    FTG-05 and mcgyver210 like this.

You don't work in Mayberry do you Mr. Fife?

And I've lived in that arm pit of your state called Fayetteville.

Your own stupidity if you ended up in Fayetteville although there are good parts to it that I still enjoy. The thing that aggravates me the most is those that want to make an issue about simply showing ID. Like it would kill you or something. I never ask unless I'm justified in it and then if some idiot refuses I only ask once more before arresting him. I'll say it again, this anti police sentiment does not represent me or the majority of law abiding gun owners. Radical anti government internet ninjas will only hurt the cause. Get mad all you want but I'll go away when I get ready.

Police are no better than a law abiding citizen and they need to follow the even while enforcing it. If you don't like following the law as a LEO you may want to consider another profession.

I was assigned for work at Fort Bragg. I'm not anti-police. I'm pro-Constitutional rights and if you don't have a right to ask for my information you can be darned certain I will not provide it.

Since you want us all to stay out of "here" can you please let us know where "here" is?

Your own stupidity if you ended up in Fayetteville although there are good parts to it that I still enjoy. The thing that aggravates me the most is those that want to make an issue about simply showing ID. Like it would kill you or something. I never ask unless I'm justified in it and then if some idiot refuses I only ask once more before arresting him. I'll say it again, this anti police sentiment does not represent me or the majority of law abiding gun owners. Radical anti government internet ninjas will only hurt the cause. Get mad all you want but I'll go away when I get ready.

Truth is I would probably give my ID if asked even if I knew I wasn't required to. The point is he was not required to and they arrested him for it anyway. If something isn't legally required of you, you are not necessarily an idiot for not doing it, not matter how big and scary the cop is. The fact of this matter is it was the police who didn't know the law and that was why the verdict was what it was. Abusing your power as a LEO doesn't make you right, even if you can intimidate or (wrongly) arrest the person if you are irked about it.
    Clint Eastwood

I do not understand all the animosity on either side when this subject comes up. If it is required to ID yourself then you must do it. End of story. If it is not required then guess what, its also end of story if the person asked chooses not to give it.
    Seems pretty simple to me.

Michael
    SmokinFool and FTG-05 like this.

I, myself an not anti-government, it's my government. After I helped you, become my government. you take my rights and then my freedom. I am an American, I am not the property of the government. And you work for me.
    david
    FTG-05 likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links