Man who carries gun to polls sues

This is a discussion on Man who carries gun to polls sues within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Crowman Staying divided is only hurting and is counter productive. Whether you agree with the anti groups you need to take heed ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Man who carries gun to polls sues

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Staying divided is only hurting and is counter productive. Whether you agree with the anti groups you need to take heed that they stick solidly together on there agenda.
    The first sentence I whole heartily agree with! We all should stand united! Whether it be CC or OC, "carry" is the key word here, even what types of guns we own. There are so-called gun owners that believe certain types of guns should be banned! They, like carry advocates that are against OC will hurt the cause! "United we all stand or united we all fall"!

Your second sentence, "their" agenda is to ban any and all firearms from civilians hands regardless of carrying on ones person of having any at home, they will not stop until they have total victory, and these types of people will then move on to some other freedoms (knives, forks, spoons) that we have and try to deny that from all of us. Besides this is in Indiana (not California), we have had licenses to carry since the early "30s", so I have no fear the we here will become a CC only State. Almost every year we pass new pro-gun laws or laws to reaffirm our freedoms, we are a very pro-gun State!

Many people did OC while voting through out the State that very same day and did not have any trouble, this is a case of a certain township over stepping their bounds and breaking the law just because they did not like something! They denied this gentleman's right to vote while he was doing nothing wrong! And even threatened to "revoke" his LTCH which they have no authority to do, they are issued by the Indiana State Police, so they are the only ones that can revoke anyone's license.
    CIBMike and carracer like this.
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by NotMallNinja View Post
    Actually, one can carry on some bases in certain circumstances and under certain conditions. Your post was too generic and I provided it with specificity. UCMJ in and of itself does not ban carrying.
    This is true, there is a base not far from me that you can hunt on and even has a public range! Just can't carry in the restricted areas.
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Good for him and a big booo to all the naysayers....this is what gets the point across. The man never in my mind did anything to warrant folks calling him an attention getter..
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    So what happened to all the threats about criminal prosecutions? What did the DA do with those?
    Where is all that stuff at?

This article in post 48 presents a resolution of sorts, but what about all that other stuff that frankly
    left a bad taste in my mouth about how the "aggrieved" individual was proceeding, attempting to get
    felony charges pushed against the cop and the poll workers.

Did the DA and the judge ever rule on any of that stuff; like the demand for
    a special prosecutor? Was there ever an indictment or prosecution?

I'm tempted to ask if they ever stopped laughing, but never mind. What's the status of that stuff.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Here in GA it's illegal to carry within 150 feet of a polling location. Too bad, too. I hate having to leave my gun in my car.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NotMallNinja View Post
    If you bothered to read the story he is a former Marine denied access to a state poling station. On base rules and Federal laws are irrelevant here.
    A former Marine? I'm confused.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Restrictions for carring are growing like wild fire maybe this is first stepping stone to changing all that !! Eddie
    carracer likes this.

he should move to Kansas, you can conceal carry in a polling place here .......
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

If he wasn't breaking a law then they violated his rights.LEO's are supposed to enforce the law,not enforce their opinions or their feelings.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    So what happened to all the threats about criminal prosecutions? What did the DA do with those?
    Where is all that stuff at?

This article in post 48 presents a resolution of sorts, but what about all that other stuff that frankly
    left a bad taste in my mouth about how the "aggrieved" individual was proceeding, attempting to get
    felony charges pushed against the cop and the poll workers.

Did the DA and the judge ever rule on any of that stuff; like the demand for
    a special prosecutor? Was there ever an indictment or prosecution?

I'm tempted to ask if they ever stopped laughing, but never mind. What's the status of that stuff.
    I don't have a cite now but courts have ruled that the privileged few (police officers) can't know every law and as long as they acted in good faith, yada yada yada. If you or I tried to use that defense what do you think would happen? Does the statement ignorance of the law is no excuse, mean anything?
    I carry a bible and a gun. Your Point?

Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")

This just smells like someone looking to get some easy money, but this guy was within his rights.
    GGs
    BGs

”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”

I open carry to the polls. I don't expect any easy money. Just to vote and leave.

Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    Here in GA it's illegal to carry within 150 feet of a polling location. Too bad, too. I hate having to leave my gun in my car.
    You could have fun with this.

It is against Federal Law to restrict a citizen who is not engaging in illegal activity from voting. Technically they could arrest you after you vote, but they are not allowed to stand in your way to enter to poll.

I believe that law states to or from or while voting.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links