An OC'er looking for a confrontation!!!! Surely not. Great Officer response.

This is a discussion on An OC'er looking for a confrontation!!!! Surely not. Great Officer response. within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Each time these threads come up people bring up these OC'ers are "just baiting" the cops. Somehow that's not ok, but it's perfectly fine for ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree144Likes

Thread: An OC'er looking for a confrontation!!!! Surely not. Great Officer response.

Each time these threads come up people bring up these OC'ers are "just baiting" the cops. Somehow that's not ok, but it's perfectly fine for LEO's to bait criminals with cars with keys in them, drugs, etc. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Each side is wrong when taking the bait.
    carracer likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Each time these threads come up people bring up these OC'ers are "just baiting" the cops. Somehow that's not ok, but it's perfectly fine for LEO's to bait criminals with cars with keys in them, drugs, etc. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Each side is wrong when taking the bait.
    Im sorry dude, but that argument is just stupid....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    The officer responded to a call for service. IMO he did a great job.

@SGB, which is it

Are you a crusader or do you avoid conflict?
    The Officer ALLEDGEDLY responded to a call, which is meaningless when no criminal activity is taking place.

"It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB ........ is my personal philosophy which has nothing to do with the legality of the Officers actions, or the soundness of the carriers choice of firearm to carry.

One mans crusade is another mans annoyance. A simple statement concerning the differences of opinion in this thread.

Now that I've hopefully answered these questions to your satisfaction is there a particular bug up your butt that you'd like to discuss with me? Or are we done with your infatuation with me?
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Really?
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    I think by Wednesday I'd learn not to stand on the side of the road with my cookie.

What's the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result? lol
    I think by Wednesday I'd smack the snot out of the squirrel.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Huh? Leaving keys in a car gives a criminal an opportunity. He wouldnt know the keys were there unless he was actively looking for them. A dude walking around with a wannabe MP5, being followed by a camera crew is quite different.

Actually nevermind...too much wrong with that to even get started.

Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    Now that I've hopefully answered these questions to your satisfaction is there a particular bug up your butt that you'd like to discuss with me? Or are we done with your infatuation with me?
    I'm SO glad it's your week. :p

Posted using Tapatalk 2

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by 40Bob View Post
    Someone walking around in the general public with a rifle and a video camera with the obvious intent to stir up trouble, is just that a trouble maker.
    You're making assumptions based on nothing more than personal prejudice

I would have detained him also.
    Then you would be in the wrong.

We had a OIS here that started when a male was walking down the street carrying a rifle. He was on his way to a local school when officers encountered him. He shot it out and lost. While I understand OC is legal in many places, what this clown did was STUPID. No amount of supporting him will change that he is stupid and itching for a fight.
    One time at band camp ....................

I'm have not, nor am I going to get sucked into arguing whether or not the individual was "stupid". Being stupid is not in and of itself against the law. Neither will I ever condone an Officer violating anyone's rights simply because the majority think it's ok "this time because he was being stupid".

Do you generally picture yourself on the opposite "side" of LEO?
    Bubbiesdad likes this.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Plain and simple. Kid = turd
    Cop = pro
    357and40 likes this.

sgb
    No, fact. How many of these video's do you need to see? You are always the one calling for proof.

Nope. Let me make sure we are clear. Officer friendly responds to a call of MWAG. Upon arrival he observes a subject with what appears to be an automatic weapon. He can and will conduct a brief detention and investigation.

Here is a brief excerpt from the landmark case of Terry VS Ohio, and with your extensive law enforcement background i am surprised you were unaware of this exception to the 4th amendment by virtue of case law.

This is twice you have accused me of being dishonest, it is getting old.
    Intellectually dishonest and factually incorrect. When you stop being either I'll stop pointing it out for you. Terry v Ohio requires something you purposely omitted ..... that the Officer have RS of a crime about to be, in the act of or having just been committed. Open carry in Oregon is legal, possession of NFA items in Oregon is legal, the Officer had no valid RS of criminal activity hence no exception to the 4th amendment and while it remained a voluntary contact the Officer was completely appropriate he crossed the line when he unlawfully detaining the open carrier.

This has been settled time and time again throughout numerous courts in numerous jurisdictions.

He had an agenda was agumentive and was close to being uncooperative.
    I didn't see where he was argumentative. He informed the officer that he was recording the encounter and that he would not consent to any searches. Again, well within his rights to do so. If you got pulled over for speeding (which, BTW IS breaking the law, whereas what this guy did was perfectly legal), and the cop asked to search your vehicle, would you consent? I wouldn't. In fact, if it was a local cop I'd tell him to pound salt.

I do things all the time that could result in the cops being called on me, and have on several occasions. I'm not doing anything illegal, I just have some messed up neighbors. Yet the Sheriff decided to inform me that I wasn't allowed to shoot on my own property anymore. I shoot in that same exact spot once a week (with a camera in my pocket), and every now and then a deputy shows up. The first thing I tell him is that if he crosses the gate to my property without a warrant, he'll be prosecuted for trespass (and the local judge will do it too. He nailed a game warden for it awhile back).

Based on the responses here, you guys must think that I bait the cops too. In reality, I just happen to enjoy exercising my rights, and I like to have a way to protect them in case their violated.

I'll just leave it with this:
    "A right not exercised, is a right lost."

Senior Moderator
    Cut the crap and keep it on topic.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post
    Do you generally picture yourself on the opposite "side" of LEO?
    Nope, just calling a spade a spade. Actually know and like quite a few; course they're the type that wouldn't bother someone not doing anything wrong.

Harry, Bob, ya'll want to expand on that.

Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    The Officer ALLEDGEDLY responded to a call, which is meaningless when no criminal activity is taking place.

"It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB ........ is my personal philosophy which has nothing to do with the legality of the Officers actions, or the soundness of the carriers choice of firearm to carry.

One mans crusade is another mans annoyance. A simple statement concerning the differences of opinion in this thread.

Yep, cops all lie. Were you not a cop??????

Negra21 posted ]Nope, just calling a spade a spade. Actually know and like quite a few; course they're the type that wouldn't bother someone not doing anything wrong.

Harry, Bob, ya'll want to expand on that.
    Your calling a spade a spade, thats all well and good. However comparing a criminal to a officer of the law, is not a spade for a spade.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links