Open carry at a garage sale - Page 5

Open carry at a garage sale

This is a discussion on Open carry at a garage sale within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If I were in your shoes in my neighborhood... I would conceal it to where it is easily accessible. I wouldn't want to advertise that ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Open carry at a garage sale

If I were in your shoes in my neighborhood... I would conceal it to where it is easily accessible. I wouldn't want to advertise that I have a gun to where my house could possibly be broken into in hopes of getting it or something else (not in the safe). I also live with in 1000 feet of 3 schools. It wouldn't take much for someone to raise concern over it, even though i'm within my legal right to do such.

Pick you battles and don't do something that could attract the wrong kind of attention toward yourself
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    "I would conceal it to where it is easily accessible."

In lieu of inaccessible?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit2011 View Post
    If I were in your shoes in my neighborhood... I would conceal it to where it is easily accessible. I wouldn't want to advertise that I have a gun to where my house could possibly be broken into in hopes of getting it or something else (not in the safe). I also live with in 1000 feet of 3 schools. It wouldn't take much for someone to raise concern over it, even though i'm within my legal right to do such.

Pick you battles and don't do something that could attract the wrong kind of attention toward yourself
    I personally have never lived in fear of another persons fear. Just seems kinda stupid. If its legal and properly holstered, why should they be afraid of it?
    pittypat21 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bmglock23 View Post
    Find me a law in any state where "one's own property" differentiates between inside and outside a house.
    The Wisconsin Castle Doctrine for one. Most other Castle Doctrines are similar.
    tricolordad likes this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Whenever I have a garage sale, I not only open carry 2 Glock 21's in a double crossdraw rig, but I also keep a Remington 1100 12 gauge tactical at port arms while my wife, who is carrying her Glock 30 in a drop leg tactical holster (so I can share mags with her in the inevitable firefight), minds the cash box. My son stations himself in the attic behind no-see-um mesh with his AR loaded up with Hornady TAP rounds, in case my wife and I are overcome by a flash mob of gang-bangers who are looking to beat and rob us of our used cookware and extensive collection of classic 8 tracks, valued at over $0.10 apiece!

It's a dangerous world out there.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    The Wisconsin Castle Doctrine for one. Most other Castle Doctrines are similar.
    That more of handles where you are allowed to use deadly force - not where you are allowed to carry.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    That more of handles where you are allowed to use deadly force - not where you are allowed to carry.
    Yeah, did you read his post? " find me any law that differentiates between home and property". It's a ready force law and relevant!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    Yeah, did you read his post? " find me any law that differentiates between home and property". It's a ready force law and relevant!
    Fair enough - it is in fact "a law" that differentiates between the two. But it is a bit irrelevant since the discussion is about carrying...and the castle doctrine is concerning deadly force.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by Vaquero 45 View Post
    Whenever I have a garage sale, I not only open carry 2 Glock 21's in a double crossdraw rig, but I also keep a Remington 1100 12 gauge tactical at port arms while my wife, who is carrying her Glock 30 in a drop leg tactical holster (so I can share mags with her in the inevitable firefight), minds the cash box. My son stations himself in the attic behind no-see-um mesh with his AR loaded up with Hornady TAP rounds, in case my wife and I are overcome by a flash mob of gang-bangers who are looking to beat and rob us of our used cookware and extensive collection of classic 8 tracks, valued at over $0.10 apiece!

It's a dangerous world out there.
    You know, I hadn't considered that. I will have to keep this in mind for our next garage sale.

I understand what MOST everyone is trying to say. I appreciate the advice from everyone. I never considered this thread would start a few ******* matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner3126 View Post
    I appreciate the advice from everyone. I never considered this thread would start a few ******* matches.
    You're new here, aren't you.
    minimalbrat and ericb327 like this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links