Today's OC Experience

This is a discussion on Today's OC Experience within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by suntzu Kids will..They see it more often than adults. Maybe a combination of being short and curious That and an inability to ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Today's OC Experience

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Kids will..They see it more often than adults. Maybe a combination of being short and curious
    That and an inability to mind their own business. Ive noticed that little girls have the hardest time accepting it while boys will say "cool!". Lol

2. Remove Ads

I reside in Colorado, but have to spend much of my time in Texas where licensed handgun carry requires concealment. I predict that the Texas concealment restriction will most likely be "relaxed" during the legislature session in 2013 - along the lines of Oklahoma's recent modification of that State's handgun license laws.

I continue to prefer an IWB holster for my carry style whether in Colorado, Oklahoma, or Texas - concealed, or open because I prefer a low-profile presentation even if the handgun is modestly observable. I have a Colorado CHP, and a Texas CHL . Carrying in this manner, I have never had a MWAG issue, and I'm not encumbered by protruding accessories when in congested conditions.

My open carry with an IWB holster gets noticed to the extent that I want it to be noticeable without having to advertise the fact to everyone around me.

People take note of the fact that I am armed, but they are not "overwhelmed" by my armed presentation.

This is my personal preference, and I certainly am not suggesting that others should conform to my style. The only point I wish to make is that a person can open carry without bringing a lot of attention to themselves. Believe me - people that I interact with everyday are well aware that I am armed with a Glock - but my IWB presentation is very "soft".

I also live in Ky, rural, and sometimes if i am out kicking around at the house and have to go somewhere , hardware store, or parts house usually only thing that takes me away, and i am OC'n at the time i need to go, i hop in the truck, n go.....never got any flack for it, think most people never even notice, and if they do, it is not like i am walking around with a tactical belt, gun strapped to my leg, mags hanging everywhere, and a concealed carry badge flashing, I am just a guy at the hardware store with a gun on my hip.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

I also live in Ky, rural, and sometimes if i am out kicking around at the house and have to go somewhere , hardware store, or parts house usually only thing that take me away, and i am OC'n at the time i need to go, i hop in the truck, n go.....never got any flack for it, think most people never even notice, and if they do, it is not like i am walking around with a tactical belt, gun strapped to my leg, mags hanging everywhere, and a concealed carry badge flashing, I am just a guy at the hardware store with a gun on my hip.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

It says Cool Starry Bra, as in Cool story bro!.

I wish FL had true open carry.
    Doodle likes this.
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

[QUOTE=

I wish FL had true open carry.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I am a transplant from Michigan and everyday I live in Florida I miss being able to open carry. It's something you can't truly appreciate until you don't have it.

As far as open carrying, very very rarely did anyone notice. People don't even look up from their smart phones while driving. :P Now children on the other hand they did notice but never any ill reactions from parents or LEOs.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryMac View Post
    I also live in Ky, rural, and sometimes if i am out kicking around at the house and have to go somewhere , hardware store, or parts house usually only thing that take me away, and i am OC'n at the time i need to go, i hop in the truck, n go.....never got any flack for it, think most people never even notice, and if they do, it is not like i am walking around with a tactical belt, gun strapped to my leg, mags hanging everywhere, and a concealed carry badge flashing, I am just a guy at the hardware store with a gun on my hip.
    you can say that again!
    Chief1297 likes this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    I OC sometimes in Murray, KY and have never had any problems with it.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact Pro - Gave it to my Daughter to carry.
    Carry Pistol. Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact Pro Duotone 13+1.
    Carry Pistol. Bersa Thunder 9 HC Pro Duotone 17+1.
    Politicians should be limited to 2 terms - One in office and one in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Aren't the people packing in both your examples?

Michael
    Big diffrence between packing and tucking.
    pittypat21 and 357and40 like this.
    You do not know, what you do not know, until you realize that you do not know it

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by ROFL SQUAD View Post

Ah, so it was just a bad pun that went over my head. But I'm from Florida and guns not puns is my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by mkh View Post
    Ah, so it was just a bad pun that went over my head. But I'm from Florida and guns not puns is my thing.
    I didn't get it either. I initially thought he tried to post a different picture and "fat fingered" it. lol
    pittypat21 likes this.
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ROFL SQUAD View Post

The age demographic here will probably not get it!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    The age demographic here will probably not get it!
    Ha! Probably not. We would have just said "Cool story Bro!". If that's what we wanted to say.
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    Glad it went well for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by mkh View Post
    What does a blue bra have to do with this??????
    Well.....I wasn't going to ask even though I wanted to.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links