First negative OC experience..... - Page 2

First negative OC experience.....

This is a discussion on First negative OC experience..... within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Pizza Hut? Did you use the pizza for target practice?...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: First negative OC experience.....

Pizza Hut? Did you use the pizza for target practice?
    If you died today and stood in front of God and He asked you " Why should I let you into My Heaven?" what would you say?

Quote Originally Posted by DaGunny View Post
    Let's see if I have this straight. You were standing there with an OC pistol on your hip and the unarmed pizza guy got "huffy" & shouted at you...while you were armed...yup, Stupid is forever.
    Yup. I'll probably bring that up with the manager too. Confronting an armed individual isn't exactly a smart thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by goldmaster View Post
    Pizza Hut? Did you use the pizza for target practice?
    Unfortunately I ate it. It would've been better served as a target though.

Don't worry, youll have more negative experiences. I promise. Lol

GH
    I don't know who's stupider - the fat pizza delivery guy confronting an armed man or the congenial gun toting colleague of mine who actually wants a Pizza Hut pizza, lol. (Just joking although in a pinch Dominoes is marginally better)
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Pizza Delivery Man to the Rescueeeeeeee!! I love these stories about unarmed know-it-alls who try to save the world from gun toters... Well, at least your negative encounter didn't involve LEO.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    I don't know who's stupider - the fat pizza delivery guy confronting an armed man or the congenial gun toting colleague of mine who actually wants a Pizza Hut pizza, lol. (Just joking although in a pinch Dominoes is marginally better)
    Haha. Like I said, I was out voted. I agree though, it was horrible pizza. It was so greasy that it was actually soaking through the bottom of the box..... There's only two pizza joints in town, and the other one is twice the price and just as bad. The closest place to get a decent pizza is the Little Ceasar's 70 miles away.

Looks like you need a serious change in the law. Here, people are treated like adults, and you can carry in any establishment concealed as long as it's not posted the the AG approved signage. They figure if we're responsible enough to carry a gun, we also should be responsible enough to NOT drink while carrying. It's illegal to carry under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

It's a shame we have to keep educating the misinformed.... good that you do it for the next person though.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by SoleShtr View Post
    The law here in Wisconsin is just the opposite. You can be in an establishment that serves alcohol as long as you are not consuming, but the gun has to be concealed. OC illegal where alcohol is served.
    And here in VA, you can conceal (with permit) where alcohol is served, but you can't consume...if you want to drink, you have to OC..
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

I mostly carry OWB but I never tuck my shirt in so I've never had someone confront me. Open carry is pretty common here in TN. Guns don't seem to get people's BP up to bad here in TN.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
    I recently visited Montana and Wyoming. I did open carry a few times during the trip and didn't get any response.

When we went to Jackson Hole I saw a "cowboy" carrying a beautiful 1911 inside one of the tourist trap stores. I had to point it out to my mom who was oblivious. I used it as an example to show just how clueless the general population is. I watched the guy inside the store for several minutes and I seemed to be the only person that noticed the gun.

Enjoy your open carry freedom, we don't have that option here in Florida.
    I'm not even ex-military, but I have a threat monitoring eye in public no matter what it is.

For example, I worked a security job years ago and the cops came to arrest some jerk causing a scene, stealing and being violent.

Cop is talking to the guy and I look, he has a blade clearly clipped to his pocket. I told the officer and he removed it, and guess what happened? When he tried to arrest the guy, the guy jumped on the cop's back, only to be soundly body slammed to the pavement.

Had he still had the knife? Could've easily killed him, and it was a trained officer I had to point it out to. I have no training, I just assume the worst and keep an eye on everyone.
    GH likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianator View Post
    On a side note.....That is interesting that you can't conceal in a place that serves alcohol...Whereas in Texas you can go in somewhere that serves it and even drink it! Just can't "be intoxicated" (.08%)
    god bless texas
    smolck likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    I was a cook at pizza hut a year ago, if people knew how much oil is baked into every pizza I'd bet barely anyone would eat there... I'm still a fan of the stuffed crust tho...
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

GH
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveJohnson View Post
    I'm not even ex-military, but I have a threat monitoring eye in public no matter what it is.

For example, I worked a security job years ago and the cops came to arrest some jerk causing a scene, stealing and being violent.

Cop is talking to the guy and I look, he has a blade clearly clipped to his pocket. I told the officer and he removed it, and guess what happened? When he tried to arrest the guy, the guy jumped on the cop's back, only to be soundly body slammed to the pavement.

Had he still had the knife? Could've easily killed him, and it was a trained officer I had to point it out to. I have no training, I just assume the worst and keep an eye on everyone.
    You did the Lord's work that time, Cave. Good job. Police Officers definitely can use the eyes & ears of citizens & your job in security & your instincts gave you the observational skills. You might have saved the PO's life or maybe even the suspect's if he pulled the knife & got shot for his efforts.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    I was a cook at pizza hut a year ago, if people knew how much oil is baked into every pizza I'd bet barely anyone would eat there... I'm still a fan of the stuffed crust tho...
    So, what does that have to do with this thread?
    Honey, I forgot to duck.- Ronald Reagan

The most terrifying words in the English language are "I'm from the government and I'm here to help".- Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links