OC Baiter hit my town! - Page 2

OC Baiter hit my town!

This is a discussion on OC Baiter hit my town! within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Bet hes on OCDO crying about how they "harrassed" him....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: OC Baiter hit my town!

Bet hes on OCDO crying about how they "harrassed" him.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    He is going after both departments from what I've heard.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Hopefully pro gun people that saw him alternating between OC and CC will step up and become witnesses that he was concealing his gun,then I'm betting any lawyer he has will say Sayonara buddy
    mlr1m likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

This needs to be addressed in the strongest possible way, by law enforcement, and by other carriers. Jerks like him are hurting the rest of us. People see him and think to themselves, "Look, there goes another gun nut. Why should we respect their "rights" to carry guns when they can't even respect the law?" I for one don't want to have anything to do with people like this jerk. I hope we can all agree on that. Note, I'm not talking about carriers who are within the law, although there are many "baiters" in that category as well. I'm talking specifically about people who go out with a HUGE chip on their shoulders, and who either don't know the law, or just plain don't care about the law.

VIP Member
    It's usually easy to spot a baiter, the first words out of their mouth will be quoting the law by title, chapter, paragraph. Their buddy following along with a video cam is usually a good sign it's a baiter also.

What people have to realize with baiters, is they don't care about OC or CC or carrying in general. All they are after is their 1 minute of You Tube fame. If people got upset about pink shirts, they'd be out in different shades of pink shirt, trying to get a video about it to post.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I'm of the mindset that no one makes LEO's take the bait and should just leave these guys alone. I can understand why the knowledge of a concealed holster and eyewitness accounts can lead to demanding permit. But, how is he "making" the departments look bad? - they were either professional and knew the statutes or they didn't. Kinda sounds like a new officer got some OJT; be professional, learn a lesson, and move on. Seems there's more to the story if it went so far as to him bringing legal action or formal complaint against the departments. Is there a video available? - the one's I've seen show the encounter from start to finish, so there's no "making" anyone look bad, either they were or were not polite, professional, courteous, etc (on the parts of the LEO and OC'er alike).
    _Hawkeye_ and paramedic70002 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    It's usually easy to spot a baiter, the first words out of their mouth will be quoting the law by title, chapter, paragraph. Their buddy following along with a video cam is usually a good sign it's a baiter also.

Or they repeat over and over - "Am I being detained?" "Am I free to go?" I saw one the other day where some guy went to pick up his cell phone/camera that had been previously confiscated, and 3 buddies following him - each with a video camera! These people that go out and purposely bait the LEO's are not only hurting the 2A cause, they are wasting the LEO's time when they could be catching real bad guys instead of babysitting idiots who try to goad the cops into some kind of reaction then run home, kick mommy off the computer and rush to put their video on You Tube to show how they were "oppresed" by the police.
    ClutchSR9C and Bish like this.

There are possibly two separate but related issues with regard to "baiters." Certainly one can make the argument that LEO's should know the law and remain professional and not take the bait. Fair enough. However, leaving it at that is doing all of us a disservice. The actions of the "baiters" needs to be addressed as well. In this case, as it was relayed to us, the carrier had broken the law when he refused to produce his permit. I'm sure the guy is putting his own spin on it on his youtube account. It doesn't matter if it shows the whole thing start to finish or not. He can add his own exposition in the video description, in which case many, if not most of his viewers will read his interpretation of the events and believe that they are indeed watching the situation as he describes it.

I repeat what I said before, situations like this need to be addressed in the strongest possible way, not only by law enforcement (to the extent allowed by law), but also by the carry community at large. If we don't stand up and say we deserve to be represented by positive, law-abiding carriers, rather than jerks like this who do nothing but hurt the cause of legal, responsible gun ownership, then we will deserve whatever fate awaits us.
    ericb327 likes this.

This guy did screw up by switching btwn CC and OC and then refusing to show a permit. However, generally speaking, if LEO's didn't take the bait, there would be nothing for the baiters to complain about, no videos, and no chance for these guys to make anyone look bad, LEO's, themselves, or OC'ers.

Up until the point they are needlessly confronted by LEO's, they are no different than any other OC'er w/o a camera.

Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    Sounds like they encountered a genuine male progeny of a female canine.
    That is the nicest way I have seen that said. Congrats. I will have to remember that for future reference.
    msgt/ret and DubH00 like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    This guy did screw up by switching btwn CC and OC and then refusing to show a permit. However, generally speaking, if LEO's didn't take the bait, there would be nothing for the baiters to complain about, no videos, and no chance for these guys to make anyone look bad, LEO's, themselves, or OC'ers.

Up until the point they are needlessly confronted by LEO's, they are no different than any other OC'er w/o a camera.
    As I said before, I'm with you as far as holding LEOs to a higher standard. I just happen to believe we should also be holding carriers to a higher standard. What this guy did was illegal. We can't just say "yes, he screwed up." And let it go at that. I believe we need to stand up as a whole community of carriers and rebuke him, along with all baiters, with one loud strong voice. At least, that is what I intend to do.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    I'm of the mindset that no one makes LEO's take the bait and should just leave these guys alone. I can understand why the knowledge of a concealed holster and eyewitness accounts can lead to demanding permit. But, how is he "making" the departments look bad? - they were either professional and knew the statutes or they didn't. Kinda sounds like a new officer got some OJT; be professional, learn a lesson, and move on. Seems there's more to the story if it went so far as to him bringing legal action or formal complaint against the departments. Is there a video available? - the one's I've seen show the encounter from start to finish, so there's no "making" anyone look bad, either they were or were not polite, professional, courteous, etc (on the parts of the LEO and OC'er alike).
    There is a time during police encounter when politeness ends and that is usually when the cuffs come out.
    ClutchSR9C likes this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post

What people have to realize with baiters, is they don't care about OC or CC or carrying in general. All they are after is their 1 minute of You Tube fame. If people got upset about pink shirts, they'd be out in different shades of pink shirt, trying to get a video about it to post.
    They are really just greedy sphincters looking for their way to sue a police department so they can take a few years off work & sit on their fat posteriors and eat cheezy poofs while watching Rosie O'Donnell reruns.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Fortunately it did not make the news. I bet I know he name of the attorney he goes to to sue the city. I
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

OC serves little purpose in my opinion. I do not OC even though legal in my state. I much prefer to be ready with a concealed, effective, readily available weapon and maintain the element of unknown and surprise. OC is kinda like playing poker and letting everyone at the table see your hand.
    CaptSmith likes this.
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Flight Surgeon, USAF
    Law Enforcement Tactical Surgeon

NRA Patron Member

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links