got asked to conceal at my own home... - Page 12

got asked to conceal at my own home...

This is a discussion on got asked to conceal at my own home... within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by yz9890 proving discrimination would be easy if they are providing transportation to anyone else. they'd have to explain why his neighbors get ...

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
Like Tree205Likes

Thread: got asked to conceal at my own home...

Quote Originally Posted by yz9890 View Post
    proving discrimination would be easy if they are providing transportation to anyone else. they'd have to explain why his neighbors get it and he doesn't. if he can demonstrate that all things are equal minus his firearm and that his firearm is legal in the areas he plans to be then that's discrimination.
    In this case, discrimination isn't going to be so easy. Remember, that as much as we would like it to be, carrying a firearm is not a protected class. All they have to say to justify their actions is that "a hostile parent was armed at the bus stop, and refused to make accommodations. We elected to keep our driver and students out of danger by declining bus service to that residence."

Sure... it's wrong, but I have no doubt that it would hold up with the parties responsible.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

proving discrimination would be easy if they are providing transportation to anyone else. they'd have to explain why his neighbors get it and he doesn't. if he can demonstrate that all things are equal minus his firearm and that his firearm is legal in the areas he plans to be then that's discrimination.
    Not even close. The man is not being discriminated against. That argument is getting to the point it is ludicrous. Having a gun should not make someone in a protected class.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Sure. You run with that thought process when you are "discriminated" against. Let me know how it goes.
    tricolordad likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Not even close. The man is not being discriminated against. That argument is getting to the point it is ludicrous. Having a gun should not make someone in a protected class.
    Tell that to an intruder lol sorry if i didnt say it somebody else would

Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
    Sure. You run with that thought process when you are "discriminated" against. Let me know how it goes.
    the OP illustrated a problem. this is a legal avenue to address it if wanted. cover it or don't. I don't give a crap so your sarcasm is lost on me.

all I'm saying is that there is legal language available that may protect a person in this situation. there are legal applications regarding discrimination that have nothing to do with race, creed, sexual orientation, religion etc. this isn't about a protected class but rather the potentially selective application of a federal law. the thread was started for a reason. if just one side of a debate is desired, the OP should indicate the kind of comments are wanted.

the word discriminate has legal applications beyond the realm of protected classes.

But I still fail to see why folks do not recommend that this gentleman talk to the principal and see what he feels.
    someone did.

Distinguished Member
    Who said this woman was anti? She asked him to cover up. For all we know she was carrying concealed as well - would make sense since she goes to strangers houses. Maybe it was just a bit of sage advice because she has seen this situation before and doesn't want it to turn ugly.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    Who said this woman was anti? She asked him to cover up. For all we know she was carrying concealed as well - would make sense since she goes to strangers houses. Maybe it was just a bit of sage advice because she has seen this situation before and doesn't want it to turn ugly.
    There might be some wisdom to this... maybe the bus driver is the jumpy Anti type, and the teacher knows it. He/she hasn't spotted your carry yet, and the teacher is trying to save you some trouble...
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

I welcome both sides of the debate. Even though I am going to take one action, i welcome the input. Somebody may have thought of something i didnt or have a clearer way of explaining something that i am trying to express to the anti teacher. I asked because i may be in need of help, though i know better than to take legal advice online.

Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    my bad, i wasnt clear. The teacher (for the 2 year old) on the home visit owns hunting land near me, i was referring to the other riding alomg on the bus dropping off my 4 year old. Ive had her snooty comments get back to me before. Shes an unpleasant individual.

someone did.
    Sorry..........I will rephrase to be inclusive of everybody
    But I still fail to see why folks do not recommend that this gentleman talk to the principal and see what he feels.
    change to:
    But I still fail to see why some or many folks do not recommend that this gentleman talk to the principal and see what he feels.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    I believe the only recommendation that would help you would be that of a lawyer.

Personally, if somebody asked me to give up my rights (whether temporarily or not) while I am on my property (or off for that matter) I would turn it into a conversation and ask them their reasoning behind it so I'm not stuck wondering about it for days.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    With all of the hostility and hostile recommendations being bandied about in this thread, I am wondering if you have even considered a non-confrontational means to addressing the problem. By this I mean, when you say you are going to talk to the principle / director, the initial statement included that you were going to "threaten". This has been followed with lots of other talk about refusing service, discrimination, lawyers, and so forth.

One thing is clear, this issue is not about being asked to cover your gun.

In actuality, it is about being asked to cover my gun on private property. I have not entered this head starts bus on any occasion and have been carrying openly whilst meeting this bus for over a year. The school has no right to ask me to do or not do anything that doesnt pertain to my child's education. My handgun, while properly holstered is no more inflammatory to an anti than my DEFEND FREEDOM DEFEAT OBAMA campaign sign on the fence that the bus passes while driving up my driveway. The same slogan is on the back of my truck along with other various NRA affiliated stickers, which will bother antis. Nothing that i do on my property can be of their concern. Regardless of their objection to my personal values and the negative impact it might have on their mood, it does not effect the classroom nor does it coorelate to danger in any way.
    Ogre likes this.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Links