Finally did it!!!!!

This is a discussion on Finally did it!!!!! within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by kukla oh, they probably noticed all right.............. it "felt good" to parade around your neighborhood virtually announcing that you have firearm(s)? it's ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Finally did it!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kukla View Post
    oh, they probably noticed all right..............
    it "felt good" to parade around your neighborhood virtually announcing that you have firearm(s)?
    it's a good thing for your neighbors to know that you have a gun?
    i guess i lean toward the "private and discreet" end of the spectrum
    Personally I don't care who knows I have firearms. I have a young daughter and I want people to know that my place is not the one to mess with. And before you start jumping me about only OC'ing to intimidate people that's not why I did it. I did it because I am very pro gun rights and would like people to understand that just because someone is taking a walk with a firearm on their side, that doesn't mean they are a nut job. Kukla, I think you came in to this looking to stir up trouble. All I was trying to do is express that I tried something new and liked it.
    "God made man, but Samuel Colt made them equal"

“Guns don’t kill people, husbands who come home early from work kill people”
    ~Larry the Cable Guy

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Cbuffett556 View Post
    Let me guess, you have nothing with Molle, no 511 gear, nothing camo, your vehicles have no stickers other than your alma mater or favorite team, all your gun cases are discreet plain cloth and squares, and you drive around the block twice when you come home from range/gun store? Do you only order your ammo online in case someone follows you home from Wally World? Are you worried your mailman is going to know you have guns because you get the cabelas or bass pro catalogs?

Save the tinfoil reactions for somewhere appropriate. This person posted about open carrying in his neighborhood and you automatically assumed he had thugs casing his neighborhood for prospective b&e targets. For all you know he may live in a gated community with security guards and roving security patrol cars....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please excuse typos.
    Bet he's a mall ninja in his off time.
    "God made man, but Samuel Colt made them equal"

“Guns don’t kill people, husbands who come home early from work kill people”
    ~Larry the Cable Guy

I think OC is fine if thats what you want to do and it is legeal to do so, I just feel if you carry a gun where everyone can see it someday some idiot is going to make you use it.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    it "felt good" to parade around your neighborhood virtually announcing that you have firearm(s)?
    You are in th open carry part of the forum. If you have a problem with OC, you should not come to this part of the forum.
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    so you're telling me to go away because my comments are not in line with your narrow minded way of "thinking"?
    ...........and shove your "Tapatalk"
    Trolling!!!!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Congrats I'm glad you had a positive 1st time OCing, and I hope you keep on carrying. As an aside to all the folks who want to turn their noses up and poo poo on OCing: Why do you even post in these threads? If you don't like it IGNORE the fact that people post them, because all your complaining does is **** up a nice thread about someone’s first time OCing.
    Last edited by Harvester; September 21st, 2012 at 10:41 AM.
    OldVet likes this.
    Molon Labe

I gotta say I don't understand your posting in this thread. The OP was breaking no laws and harming no one. He was sharing an experience with fellow forum members in an Open Carry thread. I think your post is rude and you owe an apology to the OP.

To the OP; I'm glad you had a rewarding experience. We don't have OC here in NE. Not sure I would even if we did. But I do like everyone to know that I have guns! That way the BG has the choice of casing the anti-gun liberals house instead of mine.
    ericb327, Thunder71 and BurgerBoy like this.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

It does feel good not having a gun shoved into your pants, or dressing like a slob to conceal! :)

Congrats OP, I hope this is the first of many positive experiences you have with open carry. I did this all summer while mowing (for example), biking, walking the dog... Outside of that I usually do it when I'm with my family, and dressed respectably, mostly because if it is noticed, I want it to have a positive impression on whoever sees it, even if nothing is said.

You miss the point why most folks did not like your post. It is OK to say one prefers one way or the other.

Your post was obnoxious and rude. Your follow on post about tellling a fellow member to shove his Tapatalk was equally rude and uncalled for.
    ericb327 likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Very nice! It is a freeing feeling, isn't it?

I don't OC much at all, but I remember the feeling of doing that for the first time. Glad you didn't have any issues.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    You say... "but man it felt good". I'm just curious as to why open carry would 'feel so good' in comparison to CC ?
    In much the same way women felt after being allowed to vote, or blacks to enter a white school, or gays to serve openly in the military. Not to bring in politics, but yeah, in a "I can finally be free" sort of way.
    Sig35seven likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    You say... "but man it felt good". I'm just curious as to why open carry would 'feel so good' in comparison to CC ?
    Was not addressed to me but I do have an opinion on the feeling good part. For me it would not be the actual open carrying so much as it would be the new found freedom to do it that made me feel good. It might be the feeling of freedom that is the real thrill.

EDIT: ArmyMan beat me to it and said it better than I did.

Michael

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    I OCed around town here today. I do not like IWB. To me OC is much more comfortable. Yes, I do have A CCDW License.

I usually CC OWB with a loose shirt hanging out. It was real nice outside today so I just OCed.

I have been OCing at times every since I was 30 years old when I got out of the Army in 1970. I am now 70 years old and I have never had any problems with OCing.

I would like to pick up some extra money though. It's not real good living on SS. I'm thinking about selling tinfoil hats to all the people on gun forums that say you are going to be dead if you OC.

If any of the anti-OC people here want to buy one - PM me. They are $20.00 and the shipping charge is $5.00.

I think a lot of them are just to much of a wimp and are afraid to OC. Man up and be a man.

I do have some people say to me - nice gun. What kind is it?

I carry a Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact Pro. It's 13+1.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact Pro - Gave it to my Daughter to carry.
    Carry Pistol. Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact Pro Duotone 13+1.
    Carry Pistol. Bersa Thunder 9 HC Pro Duotone 17+1.
    Politicians should be limited to 2 terms - One in office and one in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree187 View Post
    Well I finally got up the courage to test out the OC waters. Granted I only walked a few miles around my neighborhood but man it felt good. Had my beretta 92 in a Serpa holster and no one noticed or if they did they didn't say anything. I kept waiting for the army of squad cars to come rolling up behind me but it never came. I have to admit that I had my police scanner on my iPhone going though just so I would have a heads up if they were coming. Think I am going to start OC'ing more often now. Just thought I would share.
    I keep wanting to try this, but I'm not quite brave enough yet. I've taken a few walks on the trails around here while OC, but that's about it. How long did it take to relax and get that confidence?

so you're telling me to go away because my comments are not in line with your narrow minded way of "thinking"?
    ...........and shove your "Tapatalk"
    I'd suggest getting some coffee or something. Maybe check your blood sugar. The posts you're putting in this thread are like going to a race track and ranting at the drivers because they want to go fast.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    You are in th open carry part of the forum. If you have a problem with OC, you should not come to this part of the forum.
    Yup, notice how this thread is now two pages long, and I haven't chimed in with anything clever? If, otoh, I had been asked MY opinion...
    "Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"

Tom Waits, God's Away on Business

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links