Finally did it!!!!!

This is a discussion on Finally did it!!!!! within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Mike1956 Yup, notice how this thread is now two pages long, and I haven't chimed in with anything clever? If, otoh, I ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Finally did it!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Yup, notice how this thread is now two pages long, and I haven't chimed in with anything clever? If, otoh, I had been asked MY opinion...

Yet another example of how easily fractured gun owners are as a group.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by livewire View Post
    Yet another example of how easily fractured gun owners are as a group.
    Interesting choice of terms.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Interesting choice of terms.
    It frustrates me. It's so easy to get one group of "gun people" to turn on another. I have known people that own bolt action rifles who support an AWB, there are plenty of people who own pistols who support a 'large magazine' ban, and here you see CCers turning on OCers.

We forget that united we are a majority of the population, but the anit's love nothing more than to splinter us and cause infighting.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by livewire View Post
    It frustrates me. It's so easy to get one group of "gun people" to turn on another. I have known people that own bolt action rifles who support an AWB, there are plenty of people who own pistols who support a 'large magazine' ban, and here you see CCers turning on OCers.

We forget that united we are a majority of the population, but the anit's love nothing more than to splinter us and cause infighting.
    Disagreeing with you isn't turning on you. Similarly, gun ownership doesn't automatically make us pals. A walk through any gun show reveals many with whom I have little in common.
    Tuco

Disagreeing with you isn't turning on you. Similarly, gun ownership doesn't automatically make us pals. A walk through any gun show reveals many with whom I have little in common.
    Oh, I'm a fan of healthy disagreement and debate. Your attitude isn't one I take issue with. Our dear friend kukla on the other hand... I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt that he hasn't had his coffee yet though.

-- John F. Kennedy

To the OP... glad to hear you have a good first experience. I've started open carrying myself, and so far have had good experiences.

There was yesterday however, I think i may have freaked out a couple of Subway employess, primarily the manager. He comes around the wall, and is immediately looking at me, along with the cashier that came around the corner with him. He walked back and then a couple minutes later came back around and had a phone to his ear while looking at me. I know I wasn't doing anything wrong, and before I walked in, I made sure to see if they had any "NO FIREARMS" sign, and they didn't. BUT! other than that, all's well.

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    For the OP....glad to see it went well for you. I like the idea of OC, no extra shirt, no trying to tuck and hide all the time. I just cant get myself to do it since all I have done is CC and people in my town would freak out as well. Continued good luck to ya with it.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioCatter View Post
    For the OP....glad to see it went well for you. I like the idea of OC, no extra shirt, no trying to tuck and hide all the time. I just cant get myself to do it since all I have done is CC and people in my town would freak out as well. Continued good luck to ya with it.
    I'm trying to get used to the idea myself. Summers are brutal around here, and an extra shirt sucks.

-- John F. Kennedy

Disagreements don't hurt unless it leads to refusal to support others right to do the things we may choose not to participate in. I do not shoot shotguns but I actively support the rights of others to use them. Trouble is I have met many who while they would not support a ban on things they do not approve of neither would they fight to preserve your right to posses those items.
    Me not being against open carriers, folks that like streets sweeper shotguns, machine guns or fifty caliber target shooting at one mile is not good enough. I must fight to protect others rights to do those things because ones they are gone I will be next.

Anyone else remember when the anti's promised that all they wanted to ban was machine guns? We are in this together folks.

Michael

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Disagreements don't hurt unless it leads to refusal to support others right to do the things we may choose not to participate in. I do not shoot shotguns but I actively support the rights of others to use them. Trouble is I have met many who while they would not support a ban on things they do not approve of neither would they fight to preserve your right to posses those items.
    Me not being against open carriers, folks that like streets sweeper shotguns, machine guns or fifty caliber target shooting at one mile is not good enough. I must fight to protect others rights to do those things because ones they are gone I will be next.

Anyone else remember when the anti's promised that all they wanted to ban was machine guns? We are in this together folks.

Michael
    I'm not sure how my reluctance to afford attaboys to those who elect to make a spectacle of themselves for whatever cause they choose to actively advocate translates to a refusal to support their rights. In fact, I'm pretty sure it doesn't. I'm all for gay rights, and believe guys who want to dress drag for the Doo-Dah parade have every right to do so, but don't expect me to be shouting "you go, Girl" along the parade route.
    Tuco

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I'm not sure how my reluctance to afford attaboys to those who elect to make a spectacle of themselves for whatever cause they choose to actively advocate translates to a refusal to support their rights. In fact, I'm pretty sure it doesn't. I'm all for gay rights, and believe guys who want to dress drag for the Doo-Dah parade have every right to do so, but don't expect me to be shouting "you go, Girl" along the parade route.
    u

Mike, it seems like your lurking and waiting for a chance to do just that. To Give your opinion of OC. I have not seen any post where an OC advocate had any negative comments for someone choosing to carry concealed. Not ever! It seems there's this ultra conservative faction of CCers that think they make the rules for all carriers despite what state laws allow.
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

I'm afraid this little flamewar might be my fault. I shouldn't have quoted you perhaps. I apologize, and request everyone leaves you alone, lol.

My problem is with those who do refuse to support the rights of OCers or others. Just because you don't participate, doesn't mean you reject the practice, and that's an important distinction.

--
    Tapatalk, for when a mobile site is just too difficult.

-- John F. Kennedy

The right to bear arms and the right to free speech are very similar in that if we do not stand up and fight for the speech or weapons we we may not agree with we will eventually lose them all. Its fine to discuss and debate but in the end we have to defend even those freedoms we choose not to exercise personally.

Michael
    livewire likes this.

The true test comes with a trip to the local Walmart.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    u

Mike, it seems like your lurking and waiting for a chance to do just that. To Give your opinion of OC. I have not seen any post where an OC advocate had any negative comments for someone choosing to carry concealed. Not ever! It seems there's this ultra conservative faction of CCers that think they make the rules for all carriers despite what state laws allow.
    With an average of seven posts/day over the past year, I won't be pleading guilty to lurking charges anytime soon. This is a very public forum in which all recent posts appear sequentially when one clicks "active topics". The idea that a particular category does or should impart immunity to dissenting opinion is one I don't share. Ultra-conservative concealed carry proponents do no make the rules regarding the carrying of firearms. Legislators and, in Ohio at least, business owners do. Sometimes (and I know this to be true) those rules are made in response to unhappy experiences with visibly-armed patrons.
    Tuco

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links