Finally did it!!!!!

This is a discussion on Finally did it!!!!! within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by livewire I'm afraid this little flamewar might be my fault. I shouldn't have quoted you perhaps. I apologize, and request everyone leaves ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Finally did it!!!!!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by livewire View Post
    I'm afraid this little flamewar might be my fault. I shouldn't have quoted you perhaps. I apologize, and request everyone leaves you alone, lol.

My problem is with those who do refuse to support the rights of OCers or others. Just because you don't participate, doesn't mean you reject the practice, and that's an important distinction.

--
    Tapatalk, for when a mobile site is just too difficult.
    Thanks, but I'm OK. Who here is refusing to support your rights? I have never seen a post anywhere here saying that OC should be outlawed.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Thanks, but I'm OK. Who here is refusing to support your rights? I have never seen a post anywhere here saying that OC should be outlawed.
    I've seen them. They're usually very antagonistic and rude, getting them moderated out. The posters generally get punted rather quickly as well because they don't follow the simple forum posting rules. Or their mother's advise about interacting with people for that matter.

I'm generally a CC guy myself. I would like to get confident enough to OC when the mercury exceeds two digits, but I generally like the idea that my armed status is to be revealed at my discretion and not counting of the obliviousness of an assailant. However, I wholly support and appreciate the OC movement by those who are willing to participate in it, because they spread awareness.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    First this is not an attack on you. I am only replying to the idea that some on here believe in. That is that passive support for something is the same as fighting for it. That if they do not join in the effort to ban an activity or product that they are not in part responsible when the ban happens. To me that passive support is a politically correct way of saying that a person stood idly by while others work to further restrict a freedom.

Michael

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links