Its official...

This is a discussion on Its official... within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by OldVet Driverless cars, No OC of long guns, what's next? I'm glad to see they're tackling the big issues because we all ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Its official...

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Driverless cars, No OC of long guns, what's next?
    I'm glad to see they're tackling the big issues because we all KNOW how much of a problem OCing long guns have been.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    Cessation from the US?
    Perhaps we should consider cessation from California before the disease spreads!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by linuss View Post
    What part of "bear arms" do they not understand out there? It's 2 words, well defined throughout history.
    I'm all for Constitutional Carry and hope that one day the Supreme Court will hear the right case and affirm. Why not?
    carracer likes this.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    Cessation from the US?
    We can only hope.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Sad that the rules are always tougher for law abiding gun owners and the criminals drive on....
    Former US Army SFC
    LTC-Class A HC: MA
    AG License: RI
    LTC: CT

VIP Member
    Good grief, what's next? Restricted magazine capacity? No, wait.........nevermind.

Our country is gradually getting in trouble, it's just like rust..... slow and irreversible. The movie "Idiocracy" is supposedly fiction? I'm afraid it's coming true faster than I'd like.

If I'm taking my rifle in to the gunsmith, how do I get it out of the car? I guess it would have to be cased? What if the case was clear?
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Perhaps we should consider cessation from California before the disease spreads!
    You really posted that from Florida? Love your crime rates!
    We tend to like the idea of the "Jefferson State". It is a great place unless you get near the cities. Please go ahead and bash our worthless politicians. Send them email with your travel plans.
    goldmaster likes this.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    We tend to like the idea of the "Jefferson State". It is a great place unless you get near the cities. Please go ahead and bash our worthless politicians. Send them email with your travel plans.
    difference is that here in Florida, you do the crime.....be ready to take incoming fire from one of the 1,000,000 "Shall Issue - Concealed Weapons Licensees".
    We still have a fighting chance.....Kalifornia...not so much.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    difference is that here in Florida, you do the crime.....be ready to take incoming fire from one of the 1,000,000 "Shall Issue - Concealed Weapons Licensees".
    We still have a fighting chance.....Kalifornia...not so much.
    Unfortunately you are almost correct. Just depends what county. Not sure how many are in my county, but the now approximated 1 year waiting period is not due to red tape, it is due to number of applications.
    goldmaster likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    I just spent 6 months in CA, Lancaster area, and there was more than enough crime there. Yeah, we have more than enough crime here in FL, but the diff is we tend to shoot back legally, with legally carried firearms. One cannot base what goes on in FL by the Zimmerman case.
    ericb327 and mprp like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I see nothing positive about carrying a long gun in a city absent of civil unrest.

However, I don't agree with the ban.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    Unfortunately you are almost correct. Just depends what county. Not sure how many are in my county, but the now approximated 1 year waiting period is not due to red tape, it is due to number of applications.
    How many of those get approved?

All that do not have any issue, i.e. background check. This county is shall issue, thank goodness. Pay your fee, fill out the russian novel sized packed, do the interview, take the class, get the card. Only reasonable cause needed: Personal Protection.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Same here. I pity anyone who trys to rob one of the "old farts club" breakfasts in all the local restaurants.
    mprp likes this.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    All that do not have any issue, i.e. background check. This county is shall issue, thank goodness. Pay your fee, fill out the russian novel sized packed, do the interview, take the class, get the card. Only reasonable cause needed: Personal Protection.
    And a year-long wait.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links