Its official...

This is a discussion on Its official... within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by lizjimbo Virginia is a "Shall Issue" state. 1 page application, photo copy of drivers license, and copy of internet course completion certificate ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Its official...

Quote Originally Posted by lizjimbo View Post
    Virginia is a "Shall Issue" state. 1 page application, photo copy of drivers license, and copy of internet course completion certificate (20 minutes max). No interviews, finger prints, or mothers maiden name. Virginia, God bless her, treats her citizens as if they are adults and understand the idea of self protection via concealed carry. In Vermont you don't even need a permit to carry a concealed firearm. Absent living in Vermont...Virginia is the best. Oh yeah...did I mention the permit takes about 3 to 5 weeks...oh yeah...the Clerks office at the courthouse will even laminate it for free if you bring it by.
    SD has you beat. Application is a half sheet sized, no copy of DL (clerk just looks at it), no training requirement, temporary permit in less than 7 days, permanent card comes already laminated in less than 30. Costs a flat $10, none of the extra fees that VA LEO may add on. And our laws on firearms, CC, use force are short and simple to understand.

Back to CA, all this long gun ban can do is give added fuel to lawsuits about the right to bear being infringed by the state. We shall see.
    BigStick likes this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

2. Remove Ads

In response to a protest they made this law. How about throwing out the illegal aliens, that in itself would make it safer, and guess what? We already have those laws.
    carracer likes this.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    How about expulsion from the US?
    Please be reminded that California grows half of all the fruits and vegatables in the entire nation.
    ericb327 likes this.
    If you died today and stood in front of God and He asked you " Why should I let you into My Heaven?" what would you say?

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goldmaster View Post
    Please be reminded that California grows half of all the fruits and vegatables in the entire nation.
    You just have to give them more ammo, huh? lol The other half escaped from the other 49 states.
    Actually much of the richest farmland in the world is now tract homes for citi-ots.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by goldmaster View Post
    If we can import 90% of all consumer goods from China, surely we could figure out how to import fruits and veggies from Kalifornia.

Congratulations Gov Moonbeam, you just destroyed the ENTIRE state supreme court case that barred OC of handguns. Doh! I bet the lawsuit gets filed within the week, maybe 2. Now that there is no "right" to bear arms in CA you have a legitimate constitutional issue on your hands. And you will loose. It will just take time.
    Pistology and BigStick like this.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by lizjimbo View Post
    You poor guys and gals in California are no longer on the "slippery slope of lost liberty"...you poor folks are falling out of the sky like an out of control meteor.
    +1 ;)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links