Two weeks away...

Two weeks away...

This is a discussion on Two weeks away... within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Oklahoma is a mere two weeks away from legal open carry! I'm on the lookout for a good open carry holster, but I'm holding off ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By paaiyan

Thread: Two weeks away...

Two weeks away...

Oklahoma is a mere two weeks away from legal open carry! I'm on the lookout for a good open carry holster, but I'm holding off as I'm also considering trading in my M&P .40c on a 1911.
    Pro2A and Gbboykin like this.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Re: Two weeks away...

Looking forward to 01 nov...need a new holster for the m&p 9

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

The blackhawk serpa holsters are really nice since they have a locking feature so no one can just swipe your weapon away.

Open carry I would have a retention holster to prevent a gun grab...
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

I like the Blackhawk leather pancake holsters with the thumbreak, they hold the gun in close, I wouldn't be caught dead with one of those stick out catch on everything plastic serpa's.

John

GH
    Is there any way you can hold on to the M&P and get a 1911? There may come a time when you want to carry concealed, not that you can't do that with a 1911 but you get the idea.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Quote Originally Posted by Switchblade906 View Post
    The blackhawk serpa holsters are really nice since they have a locking feature so no one can just swipe your weapon away.
    These are the ones that user your index finger to unlock the gun right? I don't like the concept of these.

Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    Is there any way you can hold on to the M&P and get a 1911? There may come a time when you want to carry concealed, not that you can't do that with a 1911 but you get the idea.
    I can really only swallow the purchase if I knock it down with the trade-in right now.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I wish FL would allow open carry. Would make things much easier....

I think open carry causes STDs...lol...OK, I know....i just couldnt help myself. I'll stop now. Carry on my brothers and sisters.
    The 1911 is an antiquated weapons system but then again, so am I.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

Three days!
    My blog

How did they go about letting open carry go legal again?
    Sig Sauer P229 SCT, Sig Sauer P938, Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 17 Gen 3, Remington 870, Grandpa's Old Single Shot 12 Gauge

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

With a law.
    My blog

Even though it's open carry, I personally wouldn't choose to do so. The main reason being, if a situation were to arise and the BG makes eyes on your weapon, he would probably be more inept to shoot you first and then take care of his business. This is TOTALLY my opinion and reason for me not wanting to OC, I also live in Ok, the OKC area and I've heard a lot on the news lately of break-in's with people in the residence. In one instance a 12 year old girl shot the BG through a closet door with a Glock. Note, this is just my opinion on the new open carry law. I was stationed in Norfolk, VA where you can open carry and I was always hesitant to do so.

Don't get me wrong, I won't open carry much. I'm happier about not having to worry about accidentally flashing it by bending down at a store or something. I probably will a couple times though, just for kicks.
    My blog

You see, I use that to my advantage to anti-gun people in public. I always state that:

1. If someone comes in here with the intent to cause harm and sees I am armed AND I cannot react fast enough, he will kill me first and that can give you an advantage to run for safety
    2. If someone comes in here with the intent to cause harm and sees I am armed AND I CAN react fast enough and exercise judicious aim, I can disable him long enough for authorities to take control of the scene.
    3. f someone comes in here with the intent to cause harm and sees I am armed, he may choose another location because he fears return fire

I never use the word(s): Kill, harm, injure or take out because these people are already so far left anti-gun that they're also afraid of "Big bad words". I kind of have to take a sesame street approach to their limited mentalities.

Sponsored Links